• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sinned, HQ player since 1990/1991

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Sinned, HQ player since 1990/1991

Postby Sinned » November 4th, 2012, 10:30 am

Hi, Sinned here (my real name spelled backwards....). I've registered earlier this year but didn't introduce myself.

My HeroQuest-story:
In late 1990/early 1991 (I'm from 1976, so I was 14/15 back then) I played the game at a friends house...and liked it so much I bought the game and the 2 expansions: Kellars Keep & Return of the WitchLord. I began to like it even more....which resulted in buying Advanced HeroQuest. The only 2 expansion packs we got in the Netherlands (besides Kellar & Witchlord) were Wizard of Morcar (bought it) and the Design Kit (didn't get it)
Unfortunately; Against the Ogre Horde wasn't released here, and since it was the early 90's; getting it thru the internet wasn't an option.

Me and my friends used to play HeroQuest a LOT. We invented many quests, but the inevitable moment came: we lost interest (read: we discovered booze & women :mrgreen: ).

Years went by and I sold all my miniatures....

5 years ago, 3 buddies were at my place and we wanted to play RISK. When digging up the box I thought: 'why not play HeroQuest?'
Even though I didn't have the miniatures I still had everything else: the main game and 3 expansion packs (KK, RotWK, WoM).
We ended up playing HeroQuest with some Lord of the Rings minis.

When the game was done; we all wanted more.....
I bought various HQ miniaturesets on eBay, a new copy of HQ, the Advanced HeroQuest minis...and some other stuff (like ATOH).
Now, I have all the stuff I had so many years ago again+more!

Ok, some other things about me now:
Since 1983 I'm a Star Wars fan. It is and will always be my biggest passion. Until 2007 I was the editor of the dutch Star Wars site and worked as a staffmember of Wattographs.com and I've been a crewmember at various (StarWars)conventions. Over the years I have interviewed a lot of Star Wars actors (see my signature) and met even more. I have also worked as Anthony 'C-3PO' Daniels' personal assistant on two events. My website http://www.StarWarsInterviews.blogspot.com currently features 114 interviews I've had with Star Wars cast & crew....more than any other site. (Yeah, proud of that!)

Other hobbies are music (70's & 80's), retrogames (Atari 2600, NES & Philips G-7000), football (I attend all the home matches of PSV Eindhoven) and my family.
Oh, one more thing: on every forum I am known as the ThinWhiteDuke.
Why I chose Sinned as a nickname? No idea.....I guess I liked a change.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Sinned, HQ player since 1990/1991

Postby Sjeng » November 4th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Hi Fellow Dutchman, and welcome to the forum :)
There's a DJ named Thin White Duke, isn't there? I remember a song with a Thin White Duke remix. And apparently, David Bowie was also called the thin white duke.

Amazing stuff your star wars site! I'm a huge fan as well, but not THAT big xD
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sinned » November 4th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Sjeng wrote:Hi Fellow Dutchman, and welcome to the forum :)
There's a DJ named Thin White Duke, isn't there? I remember a song with a Thin White Duke remix. And apparently, David Bowie was also called the thin white duke.

Yes & yes.
My nickname "ThinWhiteDuke' is because I'm a Bowie fan.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Spiky » November 4th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Hi Sinnned,

Like you, I was also made in 1976 :) Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,
Spiky

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » November 4th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Thnx!
Question: how do you get the 'extra avatar' you guys have?

Rewards:
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » November 4th, 2012, 1:08 pm

Just get more posts. Each picture means a certain amount of posts.

1977 here :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 4th, 2012, 1:09 pm

You're all old.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sinned » November 4th, 2012, 2:17 pm

knightkrawler wrote:You're all old.

We had better toys to play with in our youth than all those younglings :mrgreen: ;) (G.I. Joe, Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, M.A.S.K.)

Edit: yay, I got the extra avatar now!

Rewards:
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » November 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Sinned wrote:We had better toys to play with in our youth than all those younglings :mrgreen: ;) (G.I. Joe, Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, M.A.S.K.)

Boy, do I have fond memories of those toys! :D And I still have everything!!!
That, plus..... Commodore 64! :D with cassette tapes xD and a 1-button joystick! FTW!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sinned » November 4th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Sjeng wrote:
Sinned wrote:We had better toys to play with in our youth than all those younglings :mrgreen: ;) (G.I. Joe, Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, M.A.S.K.)

Boy, do I have fond memories of those toys! :D And I still have everything!!!
That, plus..... Commodore 64! :D with cassette tapes xD and a 1-button joystick! FTW!

I bet you mean the 'arcade joystick': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arcade_%28joystick%29

Rewards:
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Ye Olde Lobby