• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

hello from the spiral stairs!!

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

hello from the spiral stairs!!

Postby backwoods archer » May 7th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Hi everybody! I'm Joe and i live in Rhode Island. I Can't begin to tell you all how excited I am to be here!!! I'm 35 yrs old, and i havn't played this game in 20 years..........

WOW I'VE MISSED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!
I have dug out my old game stuff, realized i was missing half the original system, so i bought a complete one off of Ebay! I introduced my 11yr old son and my 12 yr old nephew to this game and now we have a weekly saturday night game! (2 weeks and running!) so much fun! i can't and yet i can believe so many new charachters have been designed, rule changes, character advaces....i have so many great childhood memories playing this game. I'm also ordering battlemasters, as i also had that games as well.
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Joe
backwoods archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: hello from the spiral stairs!!

Postby drathe » May 7th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Welcome to the community!

Nice to see HeroQuest being introduced to another generation. Hope you enjoy many years of questing!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 7th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Welcome, Joe. Sounds like you have a good gig going with the boys. You can present them with all the fun you remember, plus expand things as well. They seem to be at just about the best age to enter--lucky kids! Looking forward to hearing more from ya.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » May 7th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Sounds like a perfect age to get them involved in table gaming and get them away from the computer consol.

Are you gonna introduce them to RPG's?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 7th, 2012, 8:08 pm

You know. My father would never sit on a saturday night with kids and "play games" (said with disparaging tone).

Beernut does it just as much as backwoods archer. Do you think his kid and nephew will grow up ashamed of this time spent playing HQ? HELL NO! They will remember it as a great, fun time that they got to share with an adult!

Thank Science I'm not cut out of that baby boomer mould! But then again, look at Ken - he doesn't have that disparaging attitude!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » May 15th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Glad to hear you're introducing HQ to the youth of the world.

I can't wait until my son and my twin nephews (a year younger than my son) are old enough to play...I hope
they like it as much as I do.

For that matter...I'll get my daughter into, too, when she is old enough (two years younger than my son).

Got a while to go for that, though...son is only 2-1/2. So...what do you all figure...wait another year? hehehe
Nah....probably will wait until he's 10 or 11. Sounds like a good age - seems like everyone else who has intro'd
it to little people waited until around that age.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 15th, 2012, 11:15 pm

@torilen-
Check out this entertaining link. It's the chronicles of a father playing the first 14 Quests of Hero Quest with his three boys. They start out ages 7, 5, and 4 (Mom is a co-player with the 4 year old for most of the Quests.)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby