• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Um... Hello.

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Um... Hello.

Postby wraeccan » April 27th, 2012, 8:25 am

Hello chaps. New member from Swindon in the UK.

I worked for GW many moons ago and recently decided to reinvest in HQ to teach the bairns.
I have the original game, and I've just acquired (and awaiting delivery) on another set with Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord and Against the Ogre Hoard (£89 for the lot on E-Bay :D )

I'm thinking about using the US rules to give a bit more of a challenge, but I'll wait until the UK rules have been mastered.

Anywho.. Thanks for a great site.

Oh.. A couple of quick questions..

Anyone know where I can download an active 30mm board, and does anyone know any good UK sites for harder wearing scenery?

Thanks all.
wraeccan

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Um... Hello.

Postby Nerrad72 » April 27th, 2012, 8:57 am

Welcome fellow west country lad. I'm in Birstol.

Can't help with the board but check out hirst-art molds website (official or uk site) and start molding scenery with the bairns. I got my first mold from hirstarts-uk, very viable and not too pricey.
Nerrad72

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 27th, 2012, 1:09 pm

wraeccan wrote:Anyone know where I can download an active 30mm board.

http://www.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/temp ... -board.jpg

this?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Zelth » August 3rd, 2012, 4:48 am

I didn't realize there was a difference in difficulty depending on the version of the game. I have the North American version. What are the differences and what is an "active 30mm board"?
Zelth

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Sjeng » August 3rd, 2012, 4:59 am

The US monsters have more BP, so they're harder to kill. And the chaos sorcerers have chaos spells.
I've made a combination of both rules. I kept the EU monsters as they are, added chaos spells, added artefacts, weapons, treasure from the US games incl. the Elf and Barbarian packs, and also added some new monsters for making your own quests.
You can find them in the "cards" section of this forum :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 3rd, 2012, 5:02 am

Owning the NA version, the difficulty difference between it and the European rules
is not your concern. |_P

The European rules with each and every monster having 1 BP, among other rules, are much easier to the point where the game gets boring in itself when the heroes max out their equipment (which is around the middle of the main game quest book - much too early...).

The European version encourages competitive heroes, at least until they enter Kellar's Keep;
the NA version encourages, almost requires, cooperation.

Trust me, the NA rules are so much better...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby