• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Guest Book

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Guest Book

Postby Whitehawk » July 22nd, 2009, 5:59 pm

Hello - Whitehawk from Oz here. This is an awesome site dedicated to one of the best board games I ever played- when do I get to sign the petition to bring this great game back to toy stores across Australia :D?!

Space Crusade (Starquest) was my favourite boardgame though as I'm more into sci-fi. Never heard of Space Crusade? - check it out here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Crusade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'm playing Heroquest fan game at the moment made by Lurchbrick - http://members.westnet.com.au/brick27/compgame.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - it's great fun! Lurchbrick now is working on Space Crusade game version atm which I'm highly anticipating.

If you are interested in my own artwork /projects - head over to http://WhitehawkStudios.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and say hi.

Cheers, Whitehawk.
Whitehawk

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » July 23rd, 2009, 3:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Space Crusade is a game I've been looking at for a long time. I've yet to pick one up though. Still too rich for my blood. Maybe when the price comes down, or my income goes up... :?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tee » July 30th, 2009, 8:45 pm

awesome site!! new to game, and cant wait to explore this website further. thanks for the time and effort you put into it!!
tee

Postby Dark Defiance » August 2nd, 2009, 2:16 pm

Greetings fellow adventurers!

HeroQuest is one of my favorite childhood games next to Clue. :-) Back in the summer of 1990, my old friend got me into fantasy gaming and books. We each picked up HQ, KK, RotWL and played it throughout the summer. We had a group of 6 players routinely. Through out the school year I developed Quests, which became my favorite part of HQ. I eventually, yet horribly, painted all the minatures. At some point as a teenager, the group got smaller, and the dust collected on HQ. One of my other friends had become addicted to minatures and asked for my HQ collection (game and all) and gave it to him as it at least gave it new life.

When I was 20, I began to miss the days of old. Hunted on eBay and picked up the main system. It was only then I discovered through various websites there were different verisons of the game as I noticed the differences: "Hey, there is a new quest called The Maze!". I ended up with the European version. lol. Since then, I held on to it playing occasionally with various people.

Now I have two main systems (USA and European) but none of the expansions, and a handful of non-HQ miniatures to go with it.

Lastly a very special thanks to goes out to all of you for helping keeping this game alive! You have all helped in some shape or form! Now I intend to help return the favor.
-DD
Dark Defiance

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby drathe » August 2nd, 2009, 10:43 pm

That's for the feedback guys! It's always great to hear from other HeroQuest fans.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » October 14th, 2009, 4:40 am

Hi All
Matthew here
I've been a fan of HeroQuest since I first got the game way back in the day - probably when I was
around 14 or so, I suppose.
I've been using this website for YEARS - playing around with changes and additions to the game. I
only wish I had more people around me who played.
If anyone is interested - I posted a "seeking player" post under the Virginia section for the forum
for finding players in your area. Check it out and let me know if you want to play.
Otherwise - all newcomers - enjoy this site and use it to your advantage. It will enhance your game
ten-fold.
drathe - good job putting this together. You are a credit to gamers and to HeroQuest

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby angelenes dreams » October 23rd, 2009, 11:23 pm

nice to see this place return, and looking bigger & better then ever. =)

just blowin' all the dust off my sets recently, and tryin' to spark interest in a few new friends. thanks for bringing it back! :mrgreen:
angelenes dreams

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby drathe » October 23rd, 2009, 11:32 pm

You're welcome! Glad we can do a good service to the community and keep a great game alive. :)

Best of luck and fun with your games. Hope to hear all about your Heroes' adventures and Zargon's nasty tricks on the forum. |_P

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Draven » December 6th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Hi to all.
Would like to thank everybody connected to the work done on this site. Bought the game many years ago, but like most people it had been lying unused for years. About 6 months ago my brother, son and I got around to the idea of reviving it on a weekly basis. I have found it better than I remembered a while back. Being a bit disillusioned with the British rules, we read through many of your ideas and the American rules, and have included them in our gameplay. These seem to bring the game even more to life. We have worked through the main quests and are currently playing some of our own. We have all the official expansions for europe, so we have Kellars keep, RotWL, Ogre and Wizards to look forward to.
Great seeing that the game has not died out even though its out of production, so once again, thanks for keeping it alive and well

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Draven

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » December 6th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Welcome. It's nice having you here. We all do what we can to continue playing our favourite board game. You say you're playing some of your own quests? Care to share them with us sometime? :D

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby