• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3. HQ25 - Choose your monsters + stats

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: 3. Choose your monsters + stats

Postby TMU » January 11th, 2014, 11:12 am

I agree that basilisk should affect the players mind points. :2cents:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby torilen » January 11th, 2014, 3:27 pm

I don't really see why we couldn't turn the basilisk into a medusa, and still call it
a beast. She is a humanoid-type, yes, but certainly not a human by any means.

And that would make it easier to use, being a 1x1 base.
Might be harder to find a good mini for that, though...not that you really need one, just saying..
Last edited by Daedalus on January 22nd, 2015, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged for link

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » January 11th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Last edited by Daedalus on January 22nd, 2015, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » January 11th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Goblin-King wrote:I'm not 100% certain on the special abilities.

Which special abilities would you have reworked?

Goblin-King wrote:I think the CD Runecaster could be left out for the reasons stated a few posts back.

We could replace him with the following units
Chaos Champion (boss type chaos warrior with 2 big axes!)
M:7 A:3/3 D:6 B:4 M:4
Special: Double attack (Can either make 1 attack against a single hero for 6 ad or 2 attacks against separate heroes for 3 ad each.)
Note:I realize that we do not need a new chaos warrior-esk unit, but we don't have a mini-boss type for the chaos/dwarf faction.

Chaos Mutation (Sort of like a Chaos Marauder but with an arm replaced with a identical and probably a couple other deformities.)
M:5 A:3 D:3 B:2 M:1
Special: Flowing Chaos (If an attack or spell that damages the Chaos Mutation doesn't kill the Chaos Mutation it is restored to full BP immediately.)
Special: Chaotic Mind (Control of the Chaos Mutation cannot be taken from the Zargon player as it's mind is totally controlled by chaos.)

Let me know what you think.

-JasonMCM.
Last edited by Daedalus on September 23rd, 2014, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » January 12th, 2014, 3:16 am

JasonMCM wrote:And finaly for Chaos-y monsters
Chaos Dwarf Warrior
M:6 A:2 D:4 B:2 M:3

Chaos Dwarf Runecaster
M:5 A:1 D:4 B:2 M:5
Special: Caster

About the Chaos Dwarves, they are wearing armor, so they should be better than Orc because they don’t have any(D2), but maybe lesser than Chaos Warriors (D4) who are their biggest cousins. So I think it’s D3.

This is the main difference between my stats of CDwarves and yours. But that makes your CD to be like Mummies with -1Attack, and mine like Zombies with +1 Body. But I believe their appearance should be more like Orcs, skeletons and zombies, and less than Mummies and Chaos Warriors, so I prefer my stats.

Also, I have boost their Mind to 4 because as a race they are very intelligent, but the 3 is the same as the chaos warriors and it’s fine.

My stats are: Chaos Dwarf A2/D3/B2/M4/Mv5 :dwarf:.
Last edited by Daedalus on January 22nd, 2015, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » January 12th, 2014, 4:50 am

Patroclus wrote:My stats are: Chaos Dwarf A2/D3/B2/M4/Mv5

These work well. Especially with the removal of the runecaster the raising of the MP value was needed. Perhaps we could borrow [steal] one of the earlier abilities mentioned for the Chaos Dwarf and give them the following;

Special: Phalanx: When adjacent to another monster with Phalanx this monster rolls 1 additional defense die while defending.

-Jason MCM.
Last edited by Daedalus on January 22nd, 2015, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » January 12th, 2014, 4:54 am

Petrifaction should be the consequence of having your Mind Points reduced by the Basilisk's gaze..
Last edited by Daedalus on September 23rd, 2014, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby JasonMCM » January 12th, 2014, 5:59 am

Perhaps we could change the stone gaze to as follows;
Special: Stone Gaze (Instead of attacking the Basilisk can attempt to turn a hero to stone with it's gaze by rolling a 3 combat die range attack that the heroes defend against with their MP. Any undefended skulls result in lost MP. A hero reduced to 0 MP in this way is turned to stone.)

-JasonMCM.
Last edited by Daedalus on September 23rd, 2014, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » January 13th, 2014, 3:18 pm

My Chaos Dwarves:
S4 A4 D3 B1(EU)/B2(US) M3
They have a big axe, at least they used to, and they should be slow..
Last edited by Daedalus on September 23rd, 2014, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 13th, 2014, 3:23 pm

I presented my chaos dwarfs - which should be tanks concentrating on defense - on page 1 here.
If you go look for any chaos dwarf/Abyssal Dwarf figures from any manufacturer you'll see my point. These are not slayers with crazy hairdos, but mechanically advanced industrials with hammers and rune engraved armor walking over lava. Their hobgoblins and black orc slaves are attackers/cannonfodder, not the dwarfs themselves.
They are bureaocrats and weaponsmiths. They wear armor and lots of it.

I don't get the stats that maintain more attack than defend dice for them.
I say, Defense for Chaos Dwarfs..
Last edited by Daedalus on January 22nd, 2015, 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming