• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] 2. Which monster factions do we want in HQ25?

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Which TWO factions do we want in addition to the existing factions for the HQ25 Quest pack?

Poll ended at January 3rd, 2014, 2:40 pm

Skaven (clanrats, assassins, rat ogres, seer)
21%
Chaos (beastmen, warriors, warlocks, dwarves)
34%
Dragonkin (kobolds, lizardmen, fimir, dragons, lizard shaman)
30%
Gothic Horrors (vampires, werewolves, bats, banshees)
11%
Ogres (ogre warriors, lords, chieftain, butcher, shaman, gnoblars)
4%

Total votes : 47

Re: [Poll] 2. Which monster factions do we want in HQ25?

Postby knightkrawler » December 27th, 2013, 3:16 pm

And please, please, no discussion anymore. Puh-leazze... |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Malcadon » December 27th, 2013, 10:56 pm

With a HQ core set, I like the mix of greens and bones, along with the powerful Chaos on top. On thing that always felt missing were some basic Ogres. Their power would be somewhere between Fimirs and Chaos Warriors... or better yet, just have them replace Fimirs.

It would be nice to have quest packs with the above factions (Ratmen, Chaos, Dragonkin, Gothic Horrors and Ogres), along with Demons and Dark Elves and some odds & ends like The Frozen North, High Seas, Sexy Topless Amazons, etc. It would have been nice to have unique figures for KK and RotWL akin to their WHQ counterparts - having extra minions is nice, but tougher minions and special figures would have been better!

My vote was on Chaos, as I don't see them get represented too much (beyond all the Greenskins and Undead: US HQ had the Frozen North and Dark Elf; UK HQ had Ogres and mixed Wizards; and AHQ had Skavins). It would be nice to have some basic Chaos (Thugs and Beastmen) figures to substitute the greenskin figures, and some basic demons (Bloodletters and Demonettes) that would serve as tougher undead (in that they are immune to some spell effects). And If the basic set has 4 Chaos Warriors, a Gargoyle (which can serve as a Demon Lord -- think Bloodthirster) and a Chaos Warlork, then it would be nice to have some extra Chaos Warriors to bolster their numbers, a bad-ass Champion of Chaos figure and maybe a stat-less (and non-skull-faced) Chaos Witch figure as a female NPC counterpart for the Chaos Warlock figure.

x8 Thugs (with mixed melee weapons)
x6 Beastmen (with axes)
x4 Demonettes
x3 Demons
x2 Chaos Warriors
x1 Champion of Chaos
x1 Chaos Witch

Unless the game is specifically tied to the world of Warhammer or is an official HeroQuest product, I would prefer to remove the more iconic Warhammer names and background. Hell, why not throw some D&D-ish monsters into a set?
Last edited by Daedalus on January 28th, 2015, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tag

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » December 28th, 2013, 2:20 am

I voted. Chaos for me and Dragonkin because I like overwhelming numbers of kobolds. Not a big fan of large size dragons but the rest is A-ok with me.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » December 28th, 2013, 4:01 am

Oh god, someone vote Skaven please! :o
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 28th, 2013, 4:26 am

IvenBach wrote:I voted. Chaos for me and Dragonkin because I like overwhelming numbers of kobolds. Not a big fan of large size dragons but the rest is A-ok with me.

As I understand it, the monsters in the groups are just placeholder examples. We are voting on general themes.
Once the vote is done we get to discuss which specific monsters to actually include in the set.

Also GO! kobolds! 8-)

Chaos seems unavoidable at this point. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » December 28th, 2013, 5:53 am

I Voted lizards (love the fimir) and ogres. Those seem 2 strong races that can stand ech other. Ogres versus skaven is to big a difference, not into the rats and skaven (sorry Sjeng). And I'm not a fan of werewolves. And there are plenty of undead bosses in base game and packs.
Last edited by Daedalus on January 28th, 2015, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » December 28th, 2013, 1:09 pm

GO DRAGONKIN! Sweet. I'm just liking the idea of more kobolds. I picked up a metal lizardman mini quite a while back in the discount bin. He was 50 cents or so and had to pick him up and he looks sweet.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » December 29th, 2013, 4:37 am

oh gods no... my precious skaven plans!!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » December 29th, 2013, 5:02 am

Once again, this multiple votes across candidates, but not for candidates, essentially makes gaining a fair election result impossible. You're completely ignoring that part of the Democratic Process is wanting certain candidates not to win. As a voter, I vote for the candidates I want because I want those I don't to lose. That's not happening here, just like it didn't happen in the last poll.

Also, Fimir are nothing even remotely similar to dragonkin or lizardmen. They're based on Celtic mythology--the concept was a combination of the Fomorians, and their solo-peepered-sovereign, Balor. Ireland doesn't really do reptiles.

They don't look Reptilian because they don't have any scales. Fimir are born, not hatched, it even says that in the WFRPG. They're nocturnal mammals that have snakelike tails. "Snakelike" means that the tail itself is like a snake, not that the tail is like that of a snake.
Last edited by Daedalus on January 28th, 2015, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » December 29th, 2013, 5:06 am

Dude! Kobolds are almost on par with chaos! :shock:
Democracy is a b***h!
Especially when both, Goblyn-King, Goblan-King, Goblin-Monarch, Gobliin-King, Gobliiin-King, Gublin-King and Goblin-King83 gets to vote!

chaoticprime wrote:Once again, this multiple votes across candidates, but not for candidates, essentially makes gaining a fair election result impossible. You're completely ignoring that part of the Democratic Process is wanting certain candidates not to win. As a voter, I vote for the candidates I want because I want those I don't to lose. That's not happening here, just like it didn't happen in the last poll.

If we rule out the insane possibility that people simply vote for the two they like the most, but instead aim to sabotage other sets. Wouldn't the sabotage just re relatively evenly distributed, thus resulting in a fair election after all?
I'm not seeing the problem here? Could you give an example on why don't think this is ideal?

chaoticprime wrote:Also, Fimir are nothing even remotely similar to dragonkin or lizardmen. They're based on Celtic mythology--the concept was a combination of the Fomorians, and their solo-peepered-sovereign, Balor. Ireland doesn't really do reptiles.

They don't look Reptilian because they don't have any scales. Fimir are born, not hatched, it even says that in the WFRPG. They're nocturnal mammals that have snakelike tails. "Snakelike" means that the tail itself is like a snake, not that the tail is like that of a snake.

Key-words here being "based on". You can't translate inspirational material into lore. Within HQ's (limited) lore they are clearly established as "lizard-like".
Though if we DO venture into Warhammer territory they seem to be part demon. That's kinda interesting and could easily be explored in a chaos themed quest pack.
Last edited by Daedalus on January 28th, 2015, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming