• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby TMU » December 16th, 2013, 6:01 am

Sotiris wrote:If we kill Morcar what will be next?
When our children try to design the 50th anniversary pack, by whom will be led all these tiny monsters?

Luckily I'll be here to guide them ;)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » December 16th, 2013, 7:44 am

OR, Morcar DOES enter the fray, but the brave heroes defeat him, at which point they actually cut off his fingers, which hold his magical ring that gives him his powers. He disappears into a blast of smoke, knocking everyone back, but his evil power remains within his tower, where his all seeing eye watches, waiting, growing in power...

Man, I should write a book about that! And then make some blockbuster trilogies!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Teldurn » December 16th, 2013, 7:55 am

Sjeng wrote:OR, Morcar DOES enter the fray, but the brave heroes defeat him, at which point they actually cut off his fingers, which hold his magical ring that gives him his powers. He disappears into a blast of smoke, knocking everyone back, but his evil power remains within his tower, where his all seeing eye watches, waiting, growing in power...

Man, I should write a book about that! And then make some blockbuster trilogies!

Genius.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » December 16th, 2013, 9:59 am

I call cheating, plagiaristic hack on sjeng. 8-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Patroclus » December 16th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Sotiris wrote:If we kill Morcar what will be next?
When our children try to design the 50th anniversary pack, by whom will be led all these tiny monsters?
Put a dragon with 30 body points but not Morcar..

The dragon is a very good idea!... What about, each 10 points of damage the dragon is raised from the ground flying for a full round and let the heroes have their buffs. And the heroes should have a ring of full healing, that needs a full round to activate and is functioning only in this room. The attack of the dragon could be a breath of fire that does 5 Attack each round. One of the heroes should have one magical shield that reduces the fire damage to 3 attack dices for himself only. And the wizard should have a staff of lightning that does 3 Attack per round for 10 charges...

I think the combat will go like this:
1. Get in the room, adjacent to the dragon, do the hit
2. Take the damage in Zargon's turn
3. You are adjacent, so hit the dragon again then go out of the room if your movement is enough

The archers will have more possibilities to get out of the room when they do a hit, because they don't have to be adjacent, and probably will stand very close to the door.

I think it's a very good encounter for a final boss. And needs 3 artifacts... A shield, a staff, and a ring of full healing... About the dragon, for those who don't have any miniature of dragon they can use the gargoyle.
Last edited by Daedalus on February 5th, 2015, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tag

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » December 16th, 2013, 12:13 pm

I like bosses with attack patterns
Last edited by Daedalus on February 5th, 2015, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » December 16th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Yeah! Epic battle!
This dragon has exactly the size i need for a real hard boss (4 squares for custom boards/quests)
DSCN2780.JPG

It's more a toy than a miniature, but it fits for my needs :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Schmidt » December 16th, 2013, 1:03 pm

In case of dragon as a final boss: When the final requirement is met, all heroes gets teleported to a room that fills the whole board (one big tile/overlay with a border like that narrow pass in Kellar's Keep) so no escape/save point until death to the dragon/heroes.
Last edited by Daedalus on February 5th, 2015, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » December 16th, 2013, 1:04 pm

No dragon, plz :?
Last edited by Daedalus on February 5th, 2015, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » December 16th, 2013, 1:12 pm

I am both against a dragon and Morcar himself being used in a quest pack.

What I'd like is a Morcar impostor, or a body possessed by him. Maybe Morcar took over Skulmar's body.
A huge chaos champion I imagine.
Last edited by Daedalus on February 5th, 2015, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming