• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: Ye Olde Inn 25th Anniversary HeroQuest quest pack

Postby knightkrawler » December 12th, 2013, 12:40 pm

I always hated that rule.
I just don't see any hero "in shock" attacking. At all.
See what that means for the Wizard? He keeps attacking with 1 die. Go figure.

And in case we don't change this stupid rule, that means we have to take it literally, which means a hero "in shock" gets to search and - roll drum - cast spells.
In consequence, this means, THE WIZARD ONLY LOSES EQUIPMENT BONUSES.
If we're going to put some meaning into MP, we're gonna have to have the balls and drop this rule. Besides, it's from the nefarious EQP, anyway.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Road Warrior » December 12th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Sjeng wrote:I remember MP's as rendering you unconscious when at 0, and the others must "carry" you with them (or leave you to rot or find a way to regain MP's). You don't die.

I have read this somewhere as well. It may be from AtOH. I think you just get removed from the board and start rejoin the group in the next quest (I haven't got time to check now).
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » December 12th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Make an attack where you defend with your MP, but take damage on your BP as usual. Nailed it!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » December 12th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Why? No! Also, :cheese:
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MrBigB » December 12th, 2013, 1:36 pm

In some other tabletop games these days if you loose all your mind points you go "insane" ie become an agent of whatever evil force your playing against. Maybe either Zargon/Morcar take control of that hero until he/she is saved by the group, or the player gets to play against his former team until saved? Honestly, not sure how well that'd play out, but thought I'd toss it out there anyway.

I really like the idea of defending with MP against certain spells though!
Last edited by Daedalus on February 16th, 2015, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tag
"Hey guys, I'm having a really good time."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » December 12th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Make an attack where you defend with your MP, but take damage on your BP as usual. Nailed it!

This kind of attack exists in my housegame ("SotiroQuest" as tasoe calls it :lol: , i promise to present it to the forum after all 9 heroes have been painted) and i recommend it!
A wizard with psychic/mental attack rolls normally his attack dice (and not as many as Mp) and the defender rolls dice equal to his Mp. The damage reduces the defender's Bp and everything works perfectly.
Ohh! Almost forgot the most important detail: the defender succeeds with :blackshield: !
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » December 12th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Here's my thought: anything but handling 0 MP as 0 BP is more complicated than necessary.
Attacking MP, but damaging BP... I don't know. Far-fetched.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Jackyboy » December 12th, 2013, 4:54 pm

I'm all for using mind points more, because as it stands mind points are pretty much useless!

I would suggest a monster or two attacking solely with mind points and the hereos having to defend using their mind points. For example some some monster with 3 mind points attacks a hereo with 4 mind points, the monster attacks with 3 dice and the hero has four dice to defend with. Any damage taken will result in loss of mind points and when a hero reaches zero mind points he is knocked out (leave the hero on the space where he was knocked out. Other heroes can restore lost mind points with spells etc or leave him and if hereos complete the level the knocked out hero is back for next quest)

Otherwise magical traps and doors sound like a good way to get mind points being needed, only hereos with a certain amount of mind points can use certain magical weapons also?
Last edited by Daedalus on February 5th, 2015, 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » December 12th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Jackyboy wrote:I'm all for using mind points more

I'm all confused :roll:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby MrBigB » December 12th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Jackyboy wrote:I'm all for using mind points more, because as it stands mind points are pretty much useless!

I would suggest a monster or two attacking solely with mind points and the hereos having to defend using their mind points. For example some some monster with 3 mind points attacks a hereo with 4 mind points, the monster attacks with 3 dice and the hero has four dice to defend with. Any damage taken will result in loss of mind points and when a hero reaches zero mind points he is knocked out (leave the hero on the space where he was knocked out. Other heroes can restore lost mind points with spells etc or leave him and if hereos complete the level the knocked out hero is back for next quest)

Otherwise magical traps and doors sound like a good way to get mind points being needed, only hereos with a certain amount of mind points can use certain magical weapons also?

I'd just add any hero who is ko'd at the end of a quest looses any loot they earned for that quest (if that's not already a thing).
Last edited by Daedalus on February 4th, 2015, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey guys, I'm having a really good time."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups: