• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Protecting polystyrene Boards?

Tips and Tricks that don't quite fit into the above categories.

Protecting polystyrene Boards?

Postby kamuix56 » February 24th, 2011, 11:17 am

[This topic was moved from Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ HeroQuest Additions ‹ Other Expansion Topics on 9/26/17. -edit]

My spring break is coming up and I've been prepping to make a modular 3D board for heroquest/descent. I've made some head way over the past few months getting the blocks ready and i've already started painting some to get an idea on what I'm going to do, but after making a few I've realized these are gunna get screwed up really quick if I don't find out a way to protect them. I've tried a few different spray mattes on some practice foam but they just got ate up. Whats the best way I can go about protecting my work?

Heres what I got so far

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 7bbdbeb310
Last edited by Daedalus on September 25th, 2017, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic
kamuix56

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Protecting polystyrene Boards?

Postby gravaillon » February 27th, 2011, 1:26 pm

I think about some vernish, matte & transparent... it could be the best way to do it.
I have made some 3D tiles too, in the same way that you have done. Here a tile for the frozen horror :

I think that the best way to protect them is to use them with a lot of caution... Unfortunately.
Else, there are the already done 3D tileset from Dwarven Forge... But I hope that you have a lot of money !
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » February 27th, 2011, 1:29 pm

I have forgotten...
YOUR TILES ARE VERY GREAT ! Well done ! Keep On ! I want to see more !
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Rath of Un » February 27th, 2011, 2:12 pm

What I have done in the past to protect polystyrene is to paint it first, and then use watered down PVA (Elmer's) Glue. That will put nice coat to protect the pieces that you have made.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Rath of Un

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Other Hobby Tips