• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeon Stairs

Tips and tricks about sculpting.

Re: Dungeon Stairs

Postby knightkrawler » March 2nd, 2014, 2:10 pm

It's only 4 minutes old. Your mind is going faster than the speed of post again.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Thantos » March 2nd, 2014, 3:20 pm

Yea im one of those heretical CAD sculptors, Ben :P So scale isnt a problem until the 11th hour.

I actually made a spiral staircase, looked pretty good and them my software crashed O_o. First time i had a crash since upgrading this PC 6 months ago... managed to lose it coz of autobackup set incorrectly... *sigh* ill make it again sometime and pics be incoming ;)
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » March 2nd, 2014, 4:56 pm

Big Bene wrote:but it's just an aesthetical add on, you can't really put figures on it.

This is why I'd probably stick with the original cardboard even though I'd love a cast stairway that looks like the original. That said, the way to play with a stairway that you can't put mini's on is to not even bother. Their first time they appear on the board is when they're taking their first step so I'd be happy to do this if I have some nice stairs.

Thantos wrote:First time i had a crash since upgrading this PC 6 months ago...

Are you bragging that an Autodesk product has crashed once in 6 months? We have crashes daily. Mind you, we reckon that it's mostly due to it running in cahoots with ProjectWise (aka ProjectDemise).
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » March 2nd, 2014, 6:25 pm

Redav wrote:
Thantos wrote:First time i had a crash since upgrading this PC 6 months ago...

Are you bragging that an Autodesk product has crashed once in 6 months? We have crashes daily. Mind you, we reckon that it's mostly due to it running in cahoots with ProjectWise (aka ProjectDemise).

Ha yea, at work id be crashing out a few times a week with 3DS max :P Pot luck that my home pc seems very stable with the software now :D
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » March 3rd, 2014, 2:25 am

I don't have a problem with minis not neing able to stand on the staircase.
Player has his figure, rolls the dice, starts counting on the first square in front of the staircase.
It's not that there's gonna be a photo shoot at the beginning of every quest, though the pesky Elf always protests very effeminately.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » March 3rd, 2014, 2:39 am

It's not the elf's falult that he has such photogenic hair...
Oh crud, my play by post character is rubbing off on me. :D
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » March 3rd, 2014, 3:31 am

Fret not and have fun playing Hairfairy Straightfoot. As long as it's not you twerking on the 4th step...

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Redav » March 3rd, 2014, 5:15 am

JasonMCM wrote:It's not the elf's falult that he has such photogenic hair...

and cheek line?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » March 3rd, 2014, 7:38 am

Thantos wrote:Ha yea, at work id be crashing out a few times a week with 3DS max :P Pot luck that my home pc seems very stable with the software now :D

I've been using 3D Studio for years and it only crashes every two weeks or so - of course I've learnt to save regulary. All in all I'm very satisfied with the software.
I have one problem, however - it doesn't run on laptops :?:
I had it installed on my laptop and it worked fine for some time, but now it won't even start. Reeinstalling didn't help. Now I gave a copy to a friend who tried to install it to a laptop, too, and he got the same problem, same error message and all. :p
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » March 3rd, 2014, 12:05 pm

I made stairs from resin that hold four models, but I'm too high to find the pictures right now.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting