• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[5th] The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby Jackyboy » January 3rd, 2017, 4:30 pm

I'm absolutley blown away by the level workmanship that went into the pharaoh! Hats off to you geofonos! I pray to get to your standard in converting some day :)
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Figomurphy » January 3rd, 2017, 5:20 pm

I have a cunning plan for next years exchange. I'm going to organise it, then send out my name and address to everyone who takes part, recieve all of the projects and dissappear into the sunset with a fantastic collection of Heroquest models.
Then you can all write a quest based on hunting down the scoundil Figomurphy. Everyone's a winner!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 3rd, 2017, 5:34 pm

And if we ever catch you Figomurphy, a good stretching on the torture rack would be a fitting punishment for your crimes! :D
Hats off to you Geofonos for going the extra mile with this. Is that really a Zombie under that modding?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Geofonos » January 3rd, 2017, 11:57 pm

Sparkymark wrote:And if we ever catch you Figomurphy, a good stretching on the torture rack would be a fitting punishment for your crimes! :D
Hats off to you Geofonos for going the extra mile with this. Is that really a Zombie under that modding?

Thanks for your compliment Sparkymark. Well, its more of a frankenstein really.
Zombie base.
Zombie legs, from the feet up to the shins.
Chaos sorcerer main body, from the shins up to the neck and left arm (obviously).
Zombie head.
Orc right arm.
Chaos warrior's axe for the khopesh sword blade.
The rest is just milliput.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » January 4th, 2017, 12:10 am

Sarcasm: Anyone else but me notice how big and overused the pharoes right arm is compared to the atrophied left arm? What's been going on with that right arm?! /Sarcasm

Good work to all that participated this year.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Geofonos » January 4th, 2017, 2:25 am

IvenBach wrote:Sarcasm: Anyone else but me notice how big and overused the pharoes right arm is compared to the atrophied left arm? What's been going on with that right arm?! /Sarcasm

Good work to all that participated this year.

Good eye there! Nice to see some well-mannered critic on this one.
I did have major issues considering the two arms of the miniature. I thought it wouldn't be that bad since the left arm is naked and the right arm has a thick bracelet on it. Then I double checked with the orc's original two arms and saw that Pharaoh's left arm did go a bit too thin. Had to scratch off the spiked bracelet that was originally on sorcie's arm - didn't look good for a pharaoh - and had to align the forearm with the elbow and bicep. Should have used some milliput to thicken it up but it was a bit too late since I had already painted the mini.
Oh well, I promise to try harder on my next mod. Cheers!

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » January 4th, 2017, 4:13 am

I want to publicly thank LucasDP for the fantastic minis!

This is his second ever mini painted... You're this good and you're still on the steep part of the learning curve! Why do I bother painting? I keep thinking I'm getting better, but really it's just that eyesight is going :(

whitebeard wrote:This fantastic pair of minis was waiting for me yesterday when I got home! I waited for natural light and threw a TC door in to set the tone.

Front.jpg

back.jpg

I really like the painting on this Chaos Warrior. I'm a fan of painting a couple minis to exactly match the Monster Cards and I had not tried the Chaos warrior yet. In fact I have not painted any of the original Chaos Warriors (I have 4 GW Chaos Warriors). I'm sold on the red armor of Korne!

The goblin archer is a bonus OldHammer model not painted by the sender. I love it, fits in perfectly with the HQ goblins.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 4th, 2017, 6:14 am

Wow, kinda sad I didn't have time to participate this year, seeing all the amazing paint and mod-jobs! Fantastic!

Geofonos wrote:Ok then. Here goes:
This awesome six-fingered Zealot dwarf was painted and sent to me by Spiky
Many thanks for this awesome gift, it is truly an amazing piece!
Happy New year!

oh, my Goddess! He has 6 fingers? I never noticed hahahaha, that's brilliant xD

by the way: did you guys know Zealot has been cooperating with Grimlord Games for a new miniature boardgame? (Village Attacks).
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby guitarhulk » January 7th, 2017, 3:20 am

Has anyone started the cumulative post yet with all the photos we have so far? If not, I would be willing to give it a go.
:chaoswarrior: Follow my HeroQuest adventures @ www. ADPSminimovies.com

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
guitarhulk

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » January 7th, 2017, 3:38 am

Geofonos wrote:Ok then. Here goes:
This awesome six-fingered Zealot dwarf was painted and sent to me by Spiky

I never even noticed he had an extra digit....

The lovely pair of zombies I received were from none other than drathe. Thanks so much! Had a lot of fun opening and admiring them :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniature Exchange Room