• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Inn Heroquest Set Competition

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

Re: Ye Olde Inn Heroquest Set Competition

Postby knightkrawler » September 28th, 2013, 10:44 am

I bought colors. 18 of them. Need brushes now, but what the hell, sign me up.
I'll take something simple, where a color variation wouldn't hurt the winner of the set. An orc or goblin, probably.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Spiky » October 1st, 2013, 9:36 am

knightkrawler wrote:I bought colors. 18 of them. Need brushes now, but what the hell, sign me up.
I'll take something simple, where a color variation wouldn't hurt the winner of the set. An orc or goblin, probably.

Congratulations - it's amazing how much better a model will look with just a neat painted base coat on it :) Any preference on weapon type for what you want to paint? E.g. Orc with Sword or Goblin with Hatchet

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spiky » October 1st, 2013, 9:39 am

Thantos wrote:Orc with sword! :D

I've updated you in the first post. Anyone else feel a burning desire to paint any particular model? :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » October 1st, 2013, 10:41 am

Spiky wrote: Anyone else feel a burning desire to paint any particular model? :D

can you put my name down for a Skeleton :)
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » October 1st, 2013, 3:04 pm

Spiky wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:I bought colors. 18 of them. Need brushes now, but what the hell, sign me up.

Congratulations - it's amazing how much better a model will look with just a neat painted base coat on it :) Any preference on weapon type for what you want to paint? E.g. Orc with Sword or Goblin with Hatchet

Orc with cleaver.
Last edited by knightkrawler on October 2nd, 2013, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby RemyT » October 2nd, 2013, 2:39 am

I can paint a mini for you guys ;)
Please tell me what do you want.

Cheers,

Rémy

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
RemyT

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » October 2nd, 2013, 3:00 am

RemyT, if you're in on this, paint the Gargoyle or Chaos Wizard. Or both lol.
Or perhaps the heroes. That would be awesome.

Your painting skills are making me drool over this.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » October 2nd, 2013, 7:01 am

Get a color wheel and instruction for how to mix paint. Learn how to devise a color scheme--http://colorschemedesigner.com/.

Learn how to utilize saturation, and how to raise or lower opacity.

You'll be alright. Half of all "crappy" paint-jobs are the fault of the colors used. Believe it or not, you'll get a better "gray" by layering orange over blue and then brushing white highlights than you will be using gray paint.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 2nd, 2013, 8:04 am

I've swallowed so many tutorials (the good ones, and I'm not talking about glazing and wet blending!) on youtube that I actually think I have a pretty neat little theoretical grasp on color theory and schemes. I have many orcs to try. You'll all see how firm my grasp on reality is...

Thanks for the color scheme designer link, anyway. Nice to see theoretically intended schemes fold out that way.

chaoticprime wrote:Believe it or not, you'll get a better "gray" by layering orange over blue and then brushing white highlights than you will be using gray paint.

Yeah, I hear you. The sky IS NOT BLUE! It's white and yellow and pink and mint green and blue and then some. Most browns have an underlying violet or purple or green or red or yellow tone. The other brown, the 1:1 green:red mix... that's human excrement, basically.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Spiky » October 2nd, 2013, 11:56 am

RemyT wrote:I can paint a mini for you guys ;)
Please tell me what do you want.

Cheers,

Rémy

Awesome! :D You will need to choose what you want to paint though ;)

Rewards:
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniature Exchange Room