• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Japanese HeroQuest: Box Translation

Members who have translated, or would like to translate any Resources that weren't originally released in their language, or is unavailable on the Home Page may post their progress and results in this forum.

Japanese HeroQuest: Box Translation

Postby HispaZargon » February 28th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Hi everybody,

Many of you would probably thought we already had translated to English all the HeroQuest Japanese Edition box contents, and that would strictly right... or not! There was one item still pending to be translated and it was the Japanese Edition game box itself!!

As you know, Japanese Edition box's look & style is very similar to the ones from classic European Editions of HeroQuest. It included the same pictures and quite similar texts distribution, so as first step, no major differences were expected compared with European edition. Nevertheless, once I started last summer to compile all the already existing translations and start translating all the non existing ones, I was so curious to know what the Japanese Edition box's texts say. Why? Well, Japanese Edition story, rules and concept of the game is different than any other edition, so I started to think the box could provide some interesting unknown information (or maybe not, of course).

Then I started looking for good pictures of the box, especially from the back, but it was really difficult to find through internet good quality pictures to allow proper Japanese OCR characters extraction, so I was forced to put this task in standby... until now! Fortunately, thanks to Inn's member lucapaschi, I has had access to better pictures of the box, so here you have all the info I could extract from them, which is basically, a translation of all the texts shown in the box covers!!

The following two posts include all the translated stuff from box's front cover and back cover...

P.D. My personal impressions about the box texts:

Once I translated all those texts, I think most of them included data of minor interest, as expected, but I think there are two exceptions:

- The paragraph contained in Area "D" of back cover (picture here) loosely explains the starting background of the Japanese Edition story. It is not too much, but the box is the only place where we can find this information since Japanese Edition quest book does not include any dedicated Mentor's introduction at the beginning of the adventure as in other HeroQuest Editions, so I think the content of this paragraph has some relevance.

- The paragraph contained in Area "H" of back cover (picture here) makes it clear that Grimdead and the Demon King player are the same evil character. This is already clarified inside the rule book but this topic was an historical doubt since years ago here in the Inn by some members, so again here is clearly written they are the same thing.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Japanese HeroQuest: Box Translation

Postby HispaZargon » February 28th, 2022, 5:37 pm

JAPANESE EDITION BOX - FRONT COVER TEXTS TRANSLATION:

These are the four text areas I have identified and translated:

HQ_Japanese_Edition_box_front_cover_Areas.jpg

Area "A" texts:

Original text transcription:

MB GAMES
2人一5人用
13才以上向け
ステップアップルール
初·中·上級

Automatic translations to English:

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
For 2 people 1 5 people
For 13 years and older
Step-up rule
Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
For 2 people and 5 people
For ages 13 and up
Step-up rules
Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
For 2 people, one for 5 people
For ages 13 and older
Step-up rules
First*Middle * Advanced

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
two for one and five for one
13 more to け
step-up rule
Junior, Medium, Upper

My best guess:

MB GAMES
2 - 5 players
For ages 13 and up
Step-up rules

Area "B" texts:

ヒーロークエスト
立体迷宮RPG ボードゲーム

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Hero quest
3D labyrinth RPG board game

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
Hero Quest
3D Labyrinth RPG Board Game

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
Hero Quest
Three-dimensional Labyrinth RPG Board game

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
Hero Quest
STEREOSCOPIC LABYRINTH RPG BOARD GAME

My best guess:

Hero Quest

Area "C" texts:

モンスタ一、トラップ、宝箱… 進むたびに見えてくる迷官の世界!

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Monsters, traps, treasure chests ... The world of lost officers that you can see every time you proceed!

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
Monsters, traps, treasure chests... A world of labyrinths that you can see as you go along!

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
Monsters, traps, treasure chests... every time you go forward, you will see the world of the lost officer!

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
Monster 1, trap, treasure box... world of lost men that one sees as one advances!

My best guess:

Monsters, traps, treasure chests... A world of labyrinths that you can see as you go along!

Area "D" texts:

Original text transcription (original fully written in English):

©1991 Milton Bradley Ltd. Developed by Games Workshop MADE IN JAPAN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » February 28th, 2022, 5:38 pm

JAPANESE EDITION BOX - BACK COVER TEXTS TRANSLATION:

These are the four text areas I have identified and translated:

HQ_Japanese_Edition_box_back_cover_Areas.jpg

Area "A" texts:

MB GAMES
2人一5人用
13才以上向け

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
For 2 people 1 5 people
For 13 years and older

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
For 2 and 5 players
For ages 13 and up

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
For 2 people, one for 5 people
For ages 13 and older

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
MB GAMES
two for one and five for one
13 more to け

My best guess:

MB GAMES
2 - 5 players
For ages 13 and up

Area "B" texts:

プレイ人数: 2人~5人
プレイ時間: 45分~2時間半(後半のクエストほど時間がかかります。)
難易度: 簡単な初級ルールから本格的な上級ルールまで3段階にステッブアップ。

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Number of players: 2-5
Play time: 45 minutes to 2.5 hours (the latter half of the quest will take longer)
Difficulty: Step up to 3 levels from simple beginner rules to full-scale advanced rules.

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
Number of players: 2 to 5
Playing time: 45 minutes to 2.5 hours (the later the quest, the longer it takes)
Difficulty: 3 levels of difficulty, from simple beginner rules to full-blown advanced rules.

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
Number of players: 2~5
Play time: 45 minutes ~ 2 and a half hours (the quest in the second half takes longer.)
Difficulty: Step up to 3 levels, from simple beginner rules to full-fledged advanced rules.

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
Number of プレイ: 2~5 people
Time played: It takes 45 minutes to 2 and a half hours (It takes about the later quest. )
Difficulty: Step up to three stages from simple beginner rules to full-fledged advanced rules.

My best guess:

Playing time: 45 minutes to 2.5 hours (the later the quest, the longer it takes)
Difficulty: 3 levels of difficulty, from simple beginner rules to full-blown advanced rules.

Area "C" texts:

ヒーロークエスト
立体迷宮RPG ボードゲーム

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Hero quest
3D labyrinth RPG board game

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
Hero Quest

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
Hero Quest
Three-dimensional Labyrinth RPG Board game

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
Hero Quest
STEREOSCOPIC LABYRINTH RPG BOARD GAME

My best guess:

Hero Quest

Area "D" texts:

長い間、世界は平和に満ちていた。かつて人々を脅かした闇の力は忘れられてしまった。
しかし、闇の力は完全に滅びまってはいなかった。
今、再び闇の力が動きだそうとしている。
世界は勇者を必要としている。今ならばまだ間に合うかもしれない……

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
For a long time the world was full of peace. The power of darkness that once threatened people has been forgotten.
However, the power of darkness was not completely destroyed.
Now, the power of darkness is about to move again.
The world needs a brave man. It may still be in time now ...

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
For a long time, the world has been at peace. The dark forces that once threatened people have been forgotten.
But the forces of darkness have not completely died out.
Now, the forces of darkness are on the move again.
The world needs a brave man. It's not too late to help: ......

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
For a long time the world was full of peace. The dark forces that once threatened people have been forgotten.
However, the power of darkness was not completely destroyed.
Now, the power of darkness is about to move again.
The world needs a hero. maybe we can still make it in time now.……

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
For a long time, the world was full of peace. The power of darkness that once threatened people is forgotten.
But the power of darkness had not completely vanished.
Now the power of darkness is beginning to move again.
The world needs a brave man. If it were now, I might still be in time...

My best guess:

For a long time, the world has been at peace. The dark forces that once threatened people have been forgotten.
The world needs a hero. It's not too late to help...

Area "E" texts:

ダンジョンでは行く手に何が待ち受けてりるか分からなり。

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
In the dungeon, you know what's waiting for you.

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
In a dungeon, you never know what lies ahead. You never know what lies ahead.

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
In the dungeon you will know what is waiting for you to go.

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
In the dungeon you have to know what's waiting for you.

My best guess:

In the dungeon, you will never know what lies ahead.

Area "F" texts:

未知の部屋に足を踏み入れる瞬間のスリル。ドアを開けると…

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
The thrill of the moment you step into an unknown room. When you open the door ...

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
The thrill of the moment when you step into an unknown room. When you open the door...

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
The thrill of the moment to step into an unknown room.when i opened the door…

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
The thrill of a moment of stepping into an unknown room. When you open the door...

My best guess:

The thrill of the moment when you step into an unknown room. When you open the door...

Area "G" texts:

マミーとスケルトンが現れた!!モンスターを倒さなければ宝を手に入れることができなり!!

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Mummy and skeleton have appeared !! You can get treasure if you don't defeat the monsters !!

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
The Mummy and the Skeleton have appeared! You have to kill the monsters in order to get the treasure.

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
mommy and the skeleton show up!!if you don't defeat the monster, you can get the treasure!!

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
Mummy and Skeleton appear!! If you don't defeat the monsters, you can get the treasure!!

My best guess:

A Mummy and a Skeleton have appeared! If you don't defeat the monsters, you cannot get the treasure!!

Area "H" texts:

クエストのひとつひとつが独立しだゲームになつています。
14のクエストを類番にクリアしていくことで、次々と謎が明らかになっていきます。
勇者だちは冒険の書にしたがって、ダンジョンの中を冒険レなければなりません。時は隠されだ財宝を探すために、時にはさらわれた姫を助けるために……
薄暗い通路や、じめじめした部屋には、恐ろしいモンスターや致々のトラップ(わな)や隠し扉などが待ち受けています。
クエストをグリアした勇者は報酬と名誉を手に入れるでしよう。
そして、レベルアップしながら新たなクエストに挑戦していくのです。
プレーヤーの同人かは次のような勇者になります。
戦士 強い肉体をもつ戦闘のプロ。戦闘で彼の右に出るものはいない。
魔法使い 攻撃や防御、回復など数々の魔法を操る。 魔法は強力だが、戦闘では弱い。
エルフ 戦闘力もあり、わずかだが魔法も使える。弓を便い、難れた敵を攻撃することができる。
ドワーフ 体つきは小さいが、非常に交夫。 手先が器用で、トラップを解除することができる。
プレーヤーのひとりは間の魔王グリンデッドになります。
グリンデッドは闇の世界を支配する魔王です。勇者たちが生きて帰ることのないように、 悪のカでモンスターを操り、 トラップを仕掛けて勇者たちを待ち受けるのです。クリンデッドは、 用意された14のクエストの他に、 オリジナルのダンジョンを作って勇者たちに挑戦させることもできます。
あなたはどのキャラクターを選びますか?

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Each quest has become an independent game.
By clearing 14 quests in a similar number, the mystery will be revealed one after another.
Heroes must follow the adventure book and explore the dungeon. Sometimes to find hidden treasures, sometimes to help the kidnapped princess ...
Horrible monsters, deadly traps and hidden doors await you in dimly lit corridors and damp rooms.
The hero who gleared the quest will get rewards and honor.
Then, while leveling up, we will challenge new quests.
The player's coterie is the following hero.
Warrior A combat professional with a strong body. Nothing beats him in battle.
Wizard Manipulate a number of magic such as attack, defense, and recovery. Magic is powerful, but weak in combat.
Elves also have combat power, and can use a little magic. He can bow and attack difficult enemies.
A dwarf with a small body, but very mate. The hand is dexterous and can release the trap.
One of the players will be the Demon Lord Grinded in between.
Grinded is the Demon King who rules the world of darkness. To prevent the heroes from returning alive, he manipulates monsters with evil powers, sets traps, and awaits the heroes. In addition to the 14 quests provided, Clinded can also create original dungeons to challenge the heroes.
Which character do you choose?

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
Each of the quests is a separate game.
Each of the 14 quests must be completed in order for the mystery to be revealed.
The heroes must follow the adventure book and explore the dungeons. Sometimes it's to find hidden treasures, sometimes it's to save a kidnapped princess. ......
In the dark passages and dank rooms, terrible monsters, lethal traps and hidden doors await you.
You will be rewarded and honoured for completing your quest.
You will then be able to level up and take on new quests.
The player's coterie of heroes will be as follows
Warrior A strong, physical fighter. There is no one who can match him in combat.
Wizard A magician who can use many kinds of magic for attack, defense and recovery. His magic is powerful, but he is weak in battle.
Elf A strong fighter, with a small amount of magic. They can use their bows to attack difficult enemies.
Dwarf: Small in stature, but very handsome. They are good with their hands and can disarm traps.
One of the players will be the demon king Grindead.
Grindead is a demon king who rules the dark world. To make sure that the heroes do not return alive, he controls monsters with his evil Ka and sets traps to wait for them. In addition to the 14 quests, you can also create your own dungeons for the heroes to challenge.
Which character will you choose?

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
By completing 14 quests in a class number, the mystery will be revealed one after another.
The heroes must adventure through the dungeon according to the book of adventure.Time to look for treasure that's hidden, and sometimes to help the kidnapped princess……
Dark passages and dank rooms await you with terrifying monsters, deadly traps and hidden doors.
The hero who greets the quest will get a reward and honor.
Then, as you level up, you will be challenged with new quests.
The doujin of the player will be a hero like the following.
He is a professional fighter with a strong body.Nothing comes to his right in battle.
Witch attack and defense, manipulate a number of magic, such as recovery. Magic is powerful, but weak in battle.
There is also an elf fighting power, but magic can also be used.He can use his bow to attack difficult enemies.
The dwarves are small, but they are very close to each other. They are able to escape the trap.
One of the players will be Grindead, the Demon King between them.
Grindead is the demon king who rules the dark world.So that the heroes do not return alive, manipulate monsters with evil mosquitoes, it is to wait for the heroes by setting traps.In addition to the 14 quests available, Clindead can also create original dungeons to challenge the heroes.

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
By completing the 14 quests to a similar number, the mystery becomes clear one after another.
The brave must be adventurous in the dungeon, according to the Book of Adventures. Time is hidden To find the treasure, and sometimes to help the princess who was kidnapped...
In the dim passages and the damp rooms, dreadful monsters, deadly traps and hidden doors await.
If you are a brave person who has completed a quest, you will be rewarded and honored.
And as you level up, you'll challenge new quests.
A co-player will be a hero as follows.
warrior A fighting professional with a strong body. He is second to none in battle.
Mastermind Mastermind Mastermind various spells such as attack, defense and recovery. Magic is powerful, but combat is weak.
elf They have combat power, and a little magic. He can break with his bow and attack a difficult enemy.
Dwarves Although she is small in body, she is very friendly. He is clever with his hands and can release the trap.
One of the players will be the Evil King Glindred among.
The Glued is the demon king who rules over the dark world. In order to prevent the brave from returning alive, they use evil mosques to control monsters and set traps in order to wait for the brave. In addition to the 14 Quests that have been prepared, the Clindead can also make original dungeons to challenge the brave.

My best guess:

Each of the quests is an independent game.
Each of the 14 quests must be completed in order to reveal the mystery.
The heroes must follow the quest book and explore the dungeons. Sometimes they consist in finding hidden treasures, sometimes in saving a kidnapped princess...
In the dark passages and dank rooms, terrible monsters, lethal traps and hidden doors await you.
You will be rewarded and honoured for completing your quests.
The player's party of heroes consists of:
Warrior: A strong, physical fighter. There is no one who can match him in combat.
Wizard: A magician who can use many kinds of magic for attack, defence and recovery. His magic is powerful, but he is weak in combat.
Elf: A skilled fighter, with some magical ability. He can use a bow to attack distant enemies.
Dwarf: Small in stature, but very handsome. He is good with his hands so can disarm traps.
One of the players will be the Demon King Grimdead.
Grimdead is a demon king who rules the dark world. To make sure that the heroes do not return alive, he controls monsters with his evil powers, sets traps and awaits the heroes. In addition to the 14 quests, you can also create your own dungeons to challenge the heroes.

Area "I" texts:

Original text transcription (characters in pink colour not 100% sure):

はいっているちの
グーム盤一1枚
ルールブック一1冊
クエストブック一1冊
プラスチックフイキユアー35体
リアルな家具·宝箱などー15点
ドアー21コ
カードー64枚
オリジナルダイスー4コ
そのいろいろ
小さな部品をなくしたり、み込んだりしないようこ注ください。
やむをず、とがっだ分がありますので、けがをレないようご注ください。

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
I’m in
One goom board
One rule book
One quest book
35 plastic fixtures
Realistic furniture, treasure chests, etc.-15 points
Door 21
64 cards
4 original dies
Various places
Be careful not to lose or swallow small parts.
There are unavoidable sharp edges, so be careful not to get injured.

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
in a box
1 goom board
One rule book
1 quest book
35 plastic toys
15 pieces of realistic furniture, including a treasure chest
21 doors
64 cards
4 original dice
Various locations
Take care not to lose or swallow any small parts.
Some parts are unavoidably sharp, so please take care to avoid injury.

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
i'm going to do it.
1 Gumball board
1 rule Book
1 Quest Book
35 plastic Fiqui Yours
Realistic furniture · Treasure chests and more - 15 points
Door 21 Co
64 cards
Original Dice Sue 4 Co
the place, the place, the place, the place, the place.
Please be careful not to be injured because there is a pointy part unavoidably.

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
on the way
1 goum board
book of rules
a quest book
35 Plastic Fuiquires
15 items including real furniture and treasure boxes
Door 21
64 cards
Original Daisu 4
various places
Please be careful not to get hurt, as there is a part that is unavoidable.

My best guess:

What's in the box:
1 game board
1 Rule Book
1 Quest Book
35 plastic miniatures
15 realistic pieces, including furniture a treasure chests
21 doors
64 cards
4 original dice
Various locations

Area "J" texts:

写真は商品とー部異なりますのでご了承ください。

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Please note that the photo is different from the product.

DEEPL TRANSLATOR:
Please note that the photo shows a different part of the product.

YANDEX TRANSLATOR:
Please note that the photograph is different from the product ー department.

SYSTRAN TRANSLATOR:
Please note that the photos are different from the products.

My best guess:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Xoxxala » February 28th, 2022, 10:19 pm

Awesome work! Thank you for sharing.

I shall forevermore refer to HQ as a “STEREOSCOPIC LABYRINTH RPG BOARD GAME”.
Xoxxala

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Daedalus » February 28th, 2022, 11:32 pm

I'd like to confirm the majority of the translators naming the Demon King as Grindead. The Japanese attendant at the Tokyo Airport told me the same when I showed her the name in Japanese. (I even asked her to repeat it.) Think death rictus.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » March 1st, 2022, 9:59 am

HispaZargon wrote:Dwarf: Small in stature, but very handsome. He is good with his hands so can disarm traps.

Aye, tis true, tis true...! :dwarf:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 1st, 2022, 11:24 am

Haha, yeah guys... any suggestion/correction for "my best guess" translations? I am planning to edit pictures of the box covers including the translated texts, as already done with the rest of Japanese Edition components.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » March 2nd, 2022, 5:40 pm

OK, here goes; the box front:

Area "A"

I'd change "MB GAMES
2 - 5 players
For ages 13 and up
Step-up rules
" >
MB
GAMES

2 - 5 players
For ages 13 and up

Advancement rules
Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced

Area "B"

I'd change "Hero Quest
" >
HEROQUEST
3D LABYRINTH RPG BOARD GAME

Area "C"

I'd change "Monsters, traps, treasure chests... A world of labyrinths that you can see as you go along!" > Monsters, traps, treasure chests, . . . a world of labyrinths that you can see as you go along!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » March 5th, 2022, 10:35 am

I need to backtrack on the last edits.

Daedalus wrote:Area "C"

I'd change "Monsters, traps, treasure chests... A world of labyrinths that you can see as you go along!" > Monsters, traps, treasure chests . . . . A world of labyrinths that you can see as you go along!

A period was put in for the sentence break.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » March 27th, 2022, 8:13 am

Finally, the box back:
[My suggested changes for Areas "A", "E", "F", and "J" should fully utilize bold text, though my post doesn't for clarity of differentiation.]

Area "A"
I'd change:
MB GAMES
2 - 5 players
For ages 13 and up
>
MB
GAMES

[2 - 5 players
For ages 13 and up (no change)]

Area "B"
I'd change:
>
Number of players: 2 ~ 5
Playing time: 45 minutes ~ 2.5 hours (The latter half of the Quests will take longer.)
Difficulty: Progress through 3 levels of difficulty, from simple beginner rules to full-blown advanced rules.

Area "C"
I'd change:
Hero Quest
>
HEROQUEST
3D LABYRINTH RPG BOARD GAME

Area 'D"
I'd change:
The world needs a hero. It's not too late to help...
>
[For a long time, the world has been at peace. The dark forces that once threatened people have been forgotten.(no change)]
However, the forces of darkness have not completely died out.
Now, the forces of darkness are about to move again.
The world needs a hero. Even now, it may not yet be too late . . .

Area "E"
I'd change:
In the dungeon, you will never know what lies ahead. >
In the dungeon, you never know what's waiting for you.

Area "F"
I'd change:
The thrill of the moment when you step into an unknown room. When you open the door... >
The thrill of the moment from stepping into an unknown room. When you open the door . . .

Area "G"
I'd change:
A Mummy and a Skeleton have appeared! If you don't defeat the monsters, you cannot get the treasure!! >
A Mummy and Skeleton have appeared! Defeat the monsters, otherwise you cannot get the treasure!!

Area "H"
I'd change:
Each of the quests is an independent game.
Each of the 14 quests must be completed in order to reveal the mystery.
The heroes must follow the quest book and explore the dungeons. Sometimes they consist in finding hidden treasures, sometimes in saving a kidnapped princess...
>
[Each of the Quests is an independent game. (no change)]
Each of the 14 Quests must be completed in turn to reveal the mystery.
The heroes must follow the Adventure Book and explore the dungeons, sometimes to find hidden treasures, sometimes to save a kidnapped princess . . .
[In order contextually holds two meanings: for the reason and consecutively. I teased out "in turn" from the translation after deconstruction, which succinctly matches the original Japanese one after the other with your best guess.]

You will be rewarded and honoured for completing your quests.
The player's party of heroes consists of:
>
[In the dark passages and dank rooms, terrible monsters, lethal traps and hidden doors await you. (no change)]
The heroes who complete a Quest will get rewards and honour.
Then, as you level up, you will be challenged with new Quests.
The players' party of heroes consists of:

Warrior: A strong, physical fighter. There is no one who can match him in combat.
Wizard: A magician who can use many kinds of magic for attack, defence and recovery. His magic is powerful, but he is weak in combat.
Elf: A skilled fighter, with some magical ability. He can use a bow to attack difficult enemies.
Dwarf: Small in stature, but very handsome. He is good with his hands so can disarm traps.
>
Warrior ----- An expert fighter with physical strength. [There is no one who can match him in combat. (no change)]
Wizard ------ [A magician who can use many kinds of magic for attack, defence and recovery. His magic is powerful, but he is weak in combat. (no change)]
Elf ------------- A effective fighter, but can also use a little magic. [He can use a bow to attack difficult enemies. (no change)]
Dwarf -------- Small in stature, but very developed. He is good with his hands and can disarm traps.
[The different translators describe the Dwarf as very mate, very handsome, very close to each other, and very handsome. Also, I isolated the phrase in Google translate and got very husband, DeepL gave very mateable, Yandex yielded very good husband, while Systran showed a great match. Considering all that, I chose "very developed", though very mature, very sturdy or very well-built could also work.]

One of the players will be the Demon King Grimdead.
Grimdead is a demon king who rules the dark world. To make sure that the heroes do not return alive, he controls monsters with his evil powers, sets traps and awaits the heroes. In addition to the 14 quests, you can also create your own dungeons to challenge the heroes.
>
Among the players, one will be the Demon King, Grindead.
Grindead is the demon king who rules the world of darkness. So that the heroes do not return alive, he controls monsters with his evil powers, sets traps and awaits the heroes. In addition to the 14 Quests, Grindead can also create original dungeons to challenge the heroes.
[Which character will you choose? (no change)]

Area I
I'd change:
What's in the box:
1 game board
1 Rule Book
1 Quest Book
35 plastic miniatures
15 realistic pieces, including furniture a treasure chests
21 doors
64 cards
4 original dice
Various locations
>
CONTENTS
▪︎ 1 Gameboard
▪︎ 1 Rule book
▪︎ 1 Quest book
▪︎ 35 Plastic figures
▪︎ 15 Pieces of realistic furniture, including treasure chests
▪︎ 21 Doors
▪︎ 64 Cards
▪︎ 4 Original dice
▪︎ Various tiles
[▪︎Be careful not to lose or swallow small parts.
▪︎ Some parts are unavoidably sharp, so please take care to avoid injury. (no change)]
[Quest book could also be written Quest Book, as both are awkwardly used in the UK Rules of Play. I went with form found under the p. 3 Contents. Various tiles is an educated guess based on the UK Contents.]

Area "J"
[(no change)]

After you finish with the box edits, we can close this project and put it away, right? It's been a long time coming! Hopefully, drathe will find it a place on the Homepage someday. This has been an extraordinary project, so congratulations to all involved, but especially you, HispaZargon. ありがとう! :D
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Resource Translations