• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby AndyW » August 10th, 2011, 1:33 pm

If anyone sees a nice set of figures shoot me a pm ;)

still looking to add to my core game so i can just print the expansions
AndyW

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » August 11th, 2011, 2:57 am

Just posted this for someone else:

Pick up a box of D&D boardgame. They come relatively cheap. I got one for €15,-
It has nice miniatures, you can play some replacement heroes, use a knight as Sir Ragnar too.
I use the D&D goblins as Ice Gremlins, the Ogres as Rat-Ogres, the bugbears as Polar Warbears, the skeletons as Skeleton Champions. Trolls could be used as regular trolls too, although they are a bit small.
For men-at-arms/mercenaries, there are plenty of webshops that have nice replacements, such as this one.
But if you don't care about the spanish army armor looks, then you could also do like me and buy a cheap set of LotR rangers for €22,50 and have 24 rangers with pole-arms (halberdiers), bows (crossbowmen) and swords. You'd have to convert some of them into scouts with shields, but they look nice and are cheap.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » August 11th, 2011, 1:55 pm

All heroes from AHQ on ebayUK for £7 buy it now. Not sure if that's as cheap as you can get them but they are nice figures to have.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » August 12th, 2011, 10:08 am

Here is one for all you North American Citizens, who complain about UK Postal Rates; Ebay;Item number: 230656993672
:mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby AndyW » August 15th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Ethica wrote:All heroes from AHQ on ebayUK for £7 buy it now. Not sure if that's as cheap as you can get them but they are nice figures to have.

they are pretty cool looking... i think i'm going to stick to craigslist to find my heroquest items. I put out want ads in my surronding areas and see what happens. I picked up my heroquest game i have not , complere and it very good shape for $35. let's hope i can find some more.
AndyW

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ToyotaGT1 » August 15th, 2011, 1:54 pm

AndyW wrote:they are pretty cool looking... i think i'm going to stick to craigslist to find my heroquest items. I put out want ads in my surronding areas and see what happens. I picked up my heroquest game i have not , complere and it very good shape for $35. let's hope i can find some more.

You got lucky. I dont know where you live ( I live in a HUGE city), but I put out want ads on Craigslist and got nothing. You'd think with a local population of 1.5 million people...someone, somewhere would have stuff to sell?

But..actually, now that I think about it, I did get 1 response. Their was a gaming shop out in Portsmouth..bout 25 minutes away with NO traffic. The owner emailed me to say that someone had brought in a complete copy of the game, including complete copies of ALL :shock: of the released US expansions and that they were for sale on Ebay. (You have NO idea how hard it was for me to not go to that store and break into the place and take them lol). He told me I could come by and look at them...but I would have to buy them on Ebay and I could come by the store and pick them up after I had won...

I've even tried posting want ads for HeroScape stuff (which Im also a huge collector of) and same thing. Nothing. Apparently...either people dont have the stuff...or they know what they have and dont want to get rid of it. Like for me...unless you bring me a suitcase of gold...I dont think I could ever sell my stuff for any amount of money.
ToyotaGT1

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm

A lot of people who have HeroQuest sitting unused in their basements, attics and closets aren't searching the want ads for people who are looking for them. I've picked up several sets using want adds and everyone who had them said they just happened to see the add while looking for other things.

It's like the roll of a die. Chance. But since most ads are free to place it's a chance worth taking.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby AndyW » August 15th, 2011, 4:05 pm

drathe wrote:A lot of people who have HeroQuest sitting unused in their basements, attics and closets aren't searching the want ads for people who are looking for them. I've picked up several sets using want adds and everyone who had them said they just happened to see the add while looking for other things.

It's like the roll of a die. Chance. But since most ads are free to place it's a chance worth taking.

Yeah since it's free I keep my add up all the time... just renew every other week or so. If I get lucky great, if not I'll keep my eye out on ebay to see if I can steal one :)

The guy I bought my core set off of said he bought it as a kid and it was in his parents attic. I had to wait about a month for him to go to his parents place and get it but well worht it. My group and I are enjoying our play though. I'm having fun as Zargon :twisted:
AndyW

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » September 3rd, 2011, 8:39 am

Here's an interesting one. It's rather expensive at €136 and one day to go, but it also includes four expansion sets and would be a great starting point for beginners.
For anyone who don't read German, here's a paraphrased tranlation:

1) Heroquest basic game complete, unpainted.
2) Karak Varn, complete without box
3) Return of the Witch King, complete without box, unpainted
4) Ogre Hordes, complete without box, unpainted
5) Wizards of Morcar, complete without box, unpainted

Everything in good condition, box has minor defects and color fading at the outside.
Of course, it's all in German, but you can download rules and other textes here at the inn.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » September 3rd, 2011, 8:55 am

This guy seems to sell out his Barbarian and Elf expansion sets, but he defenitely knows the prices. To much for me :cry:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market