• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby tasoe » May 10th, 2016, 5:08 pm

could you send a link to the auction? I assume this wasn't mentioned in the description.

anyway, definitely ask the seller about it, maybe he has the broken/missing parts (unlikely) and he can send them to you, along with a hundred apologies.
if he doesn't have them, I would surely ask for a partial refund, and if I didn't get it, I'd leave a neutral or negative feedback.

now, depending on the price of the deal, I would maybe open a dispute on ebay, if it costed 100 euros or something, but maybe I wouldn't bother anyway, although I definitely wouldn't leave a positive feedback.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby sajungzak » May 10th, 2016, 11:03 pm

Thanks tasoe, and those who offered help in pm. The seller appears to have been unaware and is willing to offer a refund for the costs to replace them. Phew!

And tasoe, I'm still loving the orc you gave me for Christmas! Excellence. Thanks again!

*edit
I just now realized you were asking for a link to the closed eBay listing. Instead, I totally sent the seller a link to this thread as evidence of the damaged items. :lol: (And to show my advise comes from professionals)
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby MichaelKruse » May 11th, 2016, 3:22 am

sajungzak wrote:So, when I bid, I assumed 100% complete meant nothing was missing, and gently used meant nothing broken.

What would you do? Ask for a partial refund?

I have asked for a partial refund twice because of the same problem - listing said 100% complete, but upon arrival one or more miniatures were broken. I've asked for the refund to cover the price of replacing said miniature (minus shipping) and in both cases I've gotten it without complaints from the seller.

If you sell your stuff listed as 100% complete and don't show the broken miniatures in the pictures, you should expect a disappointed buyer to react.
MichaelKruse

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Geofonos » May 11th, 2016, 3:28 am

How does one go about asking for partial refund? Do I get in touch with the seller for it or do I need to open up a case on paypal?

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » May 11th, 2016, 4:35 am

Start by contacting the seller and explain the problem. Most are interested in a settlement of some sort. Dialogue should always be plan A.
If he is unresponsive or dismissive, open a case.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » May 11th, 2016, 4:44 am

Glad to hear it sajungjak!

Personally, I don't make a fuss about a broken weapon or two that can be glued back on in a second.
But if there's anything missing, even a nail from a morning star, I get furious, and ask the seller for an explanation.
Once, I got some lego sets that claimed to be 100% complete but upon building them I realised 5-6 pieces missing. Turns out the seller found them and send them to me, I don't know if he actually had them all along or bought them as parts from bricklink or something, but the job got done.

Geofonos wrote:How does one go about asking for partial refund? Do I get in touch with the seller for it or do I need to open up a case on paypal?
Usually just ask the seller and he'll tell you if he wants to send some money back or not. Unless you're unreasonable they'll offer some refund in order to avoid the negative feedback.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » May 11th, 2016, 12:55 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Start by contacting the seller and explain the problem. Most are interested in a settlement of some sort. Dialogue should always be plan A.
If he is unresponsive or dismissive, open a case.
Geofonos wrote:How does one go about asking for partial refund? Do I get in touch with the seller for it or do I need to open up a case on paypal?

The problem - at least in Germany - is, you can't contact the seller over ebay without opening a case. It's automatic.
"Whut?! The customer wants to contact the seller? There's gotta be a problem. Let's show that filthy trickster how we deal with sellers pissing all over those who bring us the money!"

The good thing for the customer is, the seller has to answer in some measure and form. The unfair side is, he's put under pressure and there's not one thing on his side.
You have to close the case when you are satisfied.

This system bears fifteen new *Play-Doh Factories* every day. Stay fair, both sides, keep your measures.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Geofonos » May 20th, 2016, 9:00 am

Game across this http://www.ebay.com/itm/252368923822

I am trying to get it...but I don't get it. Anyone care to explain why its 1300 bucks?

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby slev » May 20th, 2016, 9:48 am

seven magazine articles I'm not familiar with on that one!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 20th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Because Herman_the_German, who is a member in the inn, is trying to lure you to his other items that...
Let's put it this way: Drop him a PM with your question and do some research here in the inn and on the items he is selling right now.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market