• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

KS: Dungeons and Lasers II : HQ board

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

KS: Dungeons and Lasers II : HQ board

Postby ced1106 » Monday September 7th, 2020 9:31am

Personally, I prefer the Rampage tiles for their 1" squares, but figured I'd post for those who're willing to mod tiles.

I'm still backing D&LII because of all the SG's. The $20 Legacy SG pack might be a better fit for HQ if you don't have the furniture. SG's include fantasy and sf, though.

KS ends in about 24 hours.

D&LII KS : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ar ... =user_menu

ced1106

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: KS: Dungeons and Lasers II : HQ board

Postby whitebeard » Tuesday September 8th, 2020 9:14pm

Pretty good lesson in how not to do a 3D board. Lots you can learn here.

Don't get me wrong, the pieces are beautiful. And that is the problem...

(1) Even with the low walls, the board is basically unplayable with the usual minis. The walls are so tight the bases of the minis scrape them when placed facing forward in a hallway. AND nobody can stand next to a door because it makes the hallway even more narrow.
(2) painting it up in a mine theme makes it not a "HeroQuest" board. The whole point of the HeroQuest board is that it is versatile. Castle, Keep, Tower, Ruin, Catacomb, Dungeon, Inn/House, Mine, etc.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » Wednesday September 9th, 2020 10:15am

The dumping of dragons onto every pledge makes me think that they have loads of dragon models that they are trying to offload. Not good for someone who just wants the dungeon. A wall-less pledge would be good too.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Mophus » Thursday September 10th, 2020 6:11am

I like the point in the HQ dungeon making video, were they place the bulky doors in the already too narrow inner corridors. It seems they just want to curry favour with the HQ fans to sell their product.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rath of Un » Thursday September 10th, 2020 3:55pm

I watched the video, it was more of a "see if we can do it" type project rather than see if it is playable. I am betting that they used the tiles to make the board then shelved the whole thing never to play on it. But who knows I personally was not to impressed and the video kind of turned me off the product rather than get me excited for it

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Rath of Un

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Market