• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Combat cards as alternative to those elusive colored dice!

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Combat cards as alternative to those elusive colored dice!

Postby torilen » July 5th, 2020, 9:29 am

So, I put this together and the PDF version is ready. Basically, my take on those colored German dice
that would be so amazingly awesome to have...in card form. The PDF is for sale on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/31 ... west_since

I hope to have actual cards for sale in the future, but I have to get them made and find a site to sell them
through, which could take some effort. I think the PDF print-and-cut-out version could work pretty well, though,
if printed on nice card stock and laminated (or poor-man-laminated with clear packing tape...instructions for this
are in the PDF).

Here are a few pictures from the PDF to give you an idea:

cover combat cards pdf 7-5-2020.jpg

hero defender set 1.png
hero defender set 2.png

murder set 1.png
murder set 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Combat cards as alternative to those elusive colored dic

Postby torilen » July 5th, 2020, 9:31 am

And here are two more pics....the "triple lethal" set, as I have called it.

triple lethal set 1.png

triple lethal set 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby slev » July 9th, 2020, 9:17 am

What I'd say is that it would be better to do this sliiightly different.

You only actually need six card front designs.

Each front has ten coloured squares on it, each with an appropriate image on it.

You then make a number of card backs, to represent each individual dice, to keep the same probabilities.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » July 9th, 2020, 10:38 am

If you are going to have a different deck for each color dice, why have the plain dice rolls included on any of the cards instead of their own decks?

I'd probably let the white dice have their own deck, but include the coloured dice all on a single deck - I've not seen a system that used two different non-white dice in a single roll. So the face of the card would show results for red, yellow, black, orange, etc, dice all at once and you just look for the colour you were rolling for.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Market