Selling Lot with Base Game, Barbarian, Elf, Witch, and Keep

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Selling Lot with Base Game, Barbarian, Elf, Witch, and K

Postby torilen » Sunday March 17th, 2019 10:18am

janiv - thank you for that.

Sorry if I come across as rude - over the last few months, we've had a handful of
people pop up out of nowhere, and either make one or two posts trying
to rile things up, or make a slew of random, highly inappropriate posts across
the entire forum. It just really irritates me. I'm not a moderator, so all I can do is
&$%#$ and moan about it in comments, trying to get my point across.

As far as the copyright thing goes - even thought I'm not a moderator, I try to help
out if I see anything fishy...anything that could get the Inn in trouble. I would hate
to see something happen and all of this hard work, and our ability to connect
with each other, go away.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Postby clmckay » Sunday March 17th, 2019 11:34am

Aside from a couple recent computer generated spam posts, I’m not sure what you consider highly inappropriate. I firmly believe that if anything was going to get the Inn in copyright trouble it’s going to be the entire contents of the homepage, not a link to an external website that includes a photocopy of original material that’s already included in the sale.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday March 17th, 2019 1:37pm

clmckay wrote:I firmly believe that if anything was going to get the Inn in copyright trouble it’s going to be the entire contents of the homepage

This, quite frankly :|

Though my bet is that in the eyes of MB and GW, HeroQuest is dead, and as such any copyright violations is ignored.
Heck, they probably couldn't even sue if they wanted to, as the ownership of the franchise is a hot mess.

Anyways, always feel free to report any posts violating rules, or shoot me a PM.
I'm not as active as I used to be, but I usually do check in at least once a day |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Sunday March 17th, 2019 4:08pm

what is the purple binder?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Sunday March 17th, 2019 5:43pm

janiv wrote:
torilen wrote:AND - just so you know, you are seriously violating copyright laws in the US
if you sell this with that purple binder you say you are including. Yes, it is
a nice gesture...but it is still highly illegal, especially considering you are
making money of selling it with your games.

Just sayin...

Thanks for the advice. I've removed the binder as per your suggestion.

You CAN legally charge for the re-print. Just point out that Milton Bradley has posted these books free on-line as PDFs. And anybody who wants to can print it out as well (admittedly an inferior version). Provided you are charging for the printing service, not the content, you are fine. This would work better for you if you were a print on demand service.

If you own the book, you CAN legally own a photocopy reprint for personal use. So the new owner can be given the original and the copies. Frankly I would just toss the binder in the box for whoever buys it as a bonus and that sounds like your original plan anyway.

Good luck with the sale, but what epic adventure game will Janiv Jr. play? |_P

@Torilen: We need to do a better of job of choosing our battles. This site and Thingiverse (which has digital clones of the figures) are the real copyright threat doing damage to Milton Bradley's ability to monetize HQ intellectual property. If you're going to harangue this fellow, then on principle you should shut us down first.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby janiv » Thursday April 18th, 2019 7:09pm

I ended up breaking up this lot and selling it on eBay. For those curious about prices for future references, here’s the closing auctions:

* Base Game - $117.50 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153444972974
* Kellar’s Keep - $100 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153444970059
* Return of the Witch Lord - $112.50 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153444967492
* Elf Quest Pack - $711 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153444965121
* Barbarian Quest Pack - $426 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153444962236

Total price was $1,467 which after fees to eBay and PayPal ended up being around $1280.
janiv

Hero:

Postby whitebeard » Thursday April 18th, 2019 7:49pm

Thanks for the update!

$100 for KK? For a second batch of greenskins and some cheap tiles? Wow! Based on this data there is no doubt...

"The best way to expand HeroQuest is with MORE HEROQUEST!!!!"

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market