• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Any one still make re-cast minis for hero quest expansions?

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Any one still make re-cast minis for hero quest expansio

Postby aaronAGN » Sunday July 16th, 2017 12:28am

j_dean80 wrote:A "bargain" price of $300. Tiles unpunched. Everything new. Just a broken frozen horror axe. I glued it and can't even tell where it was ever broke.

I could never justify spending THAT to myself and certainly not my wife.
Congratulations on your awesome purchase though.
Super jealous.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Fallensaviour » Sunday July 16th, 2017 1:16am

I was lucky mine was purchased originally by myself in 1990 -92 ?
Cost me $17 taxes in...lol
I've had to replace a couple figures over time but most are original.
The store had three of each in stock at the time (barbarian,elf,witch lord and kellers)
if only I had bought all of the others...lol

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » Monday July 17th, 2017 12:01am

I myself am not into the recast scene either but recasting is going to be the only option because the minis are so rare now and way way too expensive. The issue I have seen as of late is finding someone who actually does recasts. Decent recasting at that.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Wednesday July 26th, 2017 2:03pm

My :2cents: thrown on here. For MotM and FH, I have recasts made by goldenshower, billdask, and the original minis. Also have 70% complete quest packs. I would never overpay for a quest pack, and nowadays I am a bit sad I ever bought the goldendboys recasts. The quality is way low and the price compared to it way high. Billdasks are great, not too expensive also. Those I got trough a trade with a fellow inn-member.

What comes to buing the recast, now that I know something about this hobby in general, I do not get it. If you want to play, there are great, cheaper minis out on the market. If you are a completionist, you shouldn't settle for anything less than the original miniatures. Still I guess those are good incase you are going to go for originals and while waiting to get them you usein the semi-official recasts.

Aaand about the crazy prices people pay for their quest pack, I didn't. I got the MotM from Sweden (what are the odds? :mrgreen: ) real cheap, and FH in a lot so that its price was about 50€, wich I find reasonable.

Cheers mates! |_P :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby sajungzak » Friday August 4th, 2017 3:19pm

Check out https://www.facebook.com/Mondojose
He can help you.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby defttitan » Saturday May 25th, 2019 12:47pm

I love this thread. It made me laugh; it made me think.
Good points on the topics of miniatures, nostalgia, quality, and unfortunately, inflated markets.

I was looking for recasts so that I could recreate the hard-to-find expansions, but the more I think about it, I just need to be patient and look around to see what other options are available. Besides, our game group hasn't even finished the 2 expansion packs that I do own...
I'm definitely not going to be spending what I consider to be too much money, just for the nostalgia. I'd love to collect them, but I'll have to be patient and keep my eyes open on thrifts and yard sales.
defttitan

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market