• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

Postby Jackyboy » April 7th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Mantic have just let slip about their upcoming kickstarter of all things furniture! They haven't said much other than ...

TerrainCrate is a new range of pre-assembled, plastic dungeon, town and battlefield scenery that's ready to go right from the box and straight onto your tabletop. We'll have more details soon, so don't miss out!

You can sign up for a newsletter which will inform you of any and all developments over at :http://www.manticgames.com/terraincrate.html

This looks like it could be very interesting for Dungeon Saga and in turn HeroQuest |_P
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

Postby Thantos » April 8th, 2017, 8:08 am

Yea i spoke to them about it .. am a little annoyed that they timed it for exactly the same time as the Twisting Catacombs store release this month.. and then used the same font in their logo as Twisting Catacombs... and then picked a name that also abbreviates to "TC Scenery" which will wipe out our web presence with that keyword.. but at any rate .. im sure they are all just coincidences right
Maybe ill be more positive when when i see some nice sculpts or something..
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » April 8th, 2017, 10:34 am

Thantos wrote:Yea i spoke to them about it .. am a little annoyed that they timed it for exactly the same time as the Twisting Catacombs store release this month.. and then used the same font in their logo as Twisting Catacombs... and then picked a name that also abbreviates to "TC Scenery" which will wipe out our web presence with that keyword.. but at any rate .. im sure they are all just coincidences right
Maybe ill be more positive when when i see some nice sculpts or something..

Oh, I don't think so.
I'll lean far out the window and claim your quality will be very much better, especially AFTER their *lemony goodness* comes out and people see the Mantic way of Truth.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ced1106 » April 15th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Well, it's also a coincidence that it's happening at the same time as Reaper's KS and Dwarven Forges! :|

Anyway, BoW video is up. Starts on 58min. If you *just* want HQ furniture and doors, might want to wait for MM to restock its Dungeon Saga sets. Reaper will have a Bones fireplace available after their KS3 ships to backers.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchre ... ngeon+saga

ced1106

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jackyboy » April 17th, 2017, 2:38 am

oh Thantos I did not know all of this, what a shame!!

Some people say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...however in the world of business that is just lazy :( Although I like Mantic's products I agree with KnightKrawler that your furniture pieces are great quality

ced 1106 - I didn't know reaper had another ks planned. I missed out on their previous ks and the amount of booty you get for $100 is amazing!!! :) Thanks for letting me know |_P
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » April 17th, 2017, 3:01 am

Whoever thinks about getting the doors and furniture sets from Dungeon Saga...
Don't. You'll be disappointed.

I can say the following about the doors:
no detail, too smooth, too small.

I have tried Mantic three times now, once in several different kinds of product, and if you're gonna say, "Well, they're cheap",
then I'm gonna say "And you can clearly see why in all of their product I've ever seen and owned."

Cheapness is not what you wanna go for in this hobby.
We've seen in with the Reaper Bones line, and Mantic's 3D and miniature related stuff is no different.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » April 17th, 2017, 8:13 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Whoever thinks about getting the doors and furniture sets from Dungeon Saga...
Don't. You'll be disappointed.

I can say the following about the doors:
no detail, too smooth, too small.

I have tried Mantic three times now, once in several different kinds of product, and if you're gonna say, "Well, they're cheap",
then I'm gonna say "And you can clearly see why in all of their product I've ever seen and owned."

Cheapness is not what you wanna go for in this hobby.
We've seen in with the Reaper Bones line, and Mantic's 3D and miniature related stuff is no different.

The Mantic guy seconds that!
hate.png

If I'm going to spend my time painting them, the models need to be good.

Thanos: Maybe the Terrain Crate ( what an uninspired name :lol:) will actually drive more business for you. You should advertise your stuff on Google (and those ads should be just cents per click through) whenever the search term Terrain Crate is used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » April 18th, 2017, 3:10 am

knightkrawler wrote:I have tried Mantic three times now, once in several different kinds of product, and if you're gonna say, "Well, they're cheap",

Well, you can't deny their zombies and ghouls are great.
That's not much to say for a company, but still.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » April 18th, 2017, 6:19 am

Yea having seen more of the sculpts, im less fussed by Terrain Crate (i dunno, still feels like they picked two random words to force a TC acronym to me :| ) it doesn't look like they paid one of their decent sculptors to make many of those pieces.

If Mantic want to cover similar or the same terrain which we have already done before, that's fine. It's not like dungeon scenery is a new concept, there is competition aplenty already - i'll be happy to get 2% of what their sales get, since we have 2% as many mouths to feed here and about 2% of their running costs of mantic! xD
Will see if the TC (twisting catacombs) scenery store release this month gets some custom away from the mantic kickstarter, then see how it goes for the rest of the year :)

I just wish they wouldn't use the same TC abbreviation and same logo font as us... :roll: Oh well.
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » April 18th, 2017, 8:27 am

Do it. Let google advertise there.
Their failure. You can deliver today, they will deliver in a year.

That should actually be the slogan. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Market