• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ebay crawling vs dungeon crawling

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Ebay crawling vs dungeon crawling

Postby ndsandman » August 8th, 2010, 12:44 am

Supply and Demand !!!
Prices will drop when the demand goes down, but i don't see that happening.
I finally went to Ebay in Europe, Germany for one, price and shipping on items where cheaper then the ones sold in US.

I have also purchased from UK, at times for a better selection of items.
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » August 8th, 2010, 2:05 am

A lot of times, I find the stuff from Europe has cheaper shipping than most things from the US. A lot of people like to gouge you on shipping. Stuff from the UK is always airmail and her majesty's royal mail service often gets things to Canada within 5 days. I could mail a letter to myself and never get it that fast!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » August 15th, 2010, 2:17 am

:shock: eBay Item 270621955083 :shock:

Is this guy freakin' serious!?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ndsandman » August 15th, 2010, 3:43 am

drathe wrote::shock: eBay Item 270621955083 :shock:

WOW if this sells ... $1,000 I want the drugs he is on. Or the drugs on the buyer. LOL
I am going to bookmark that ad, want to see what happens.
Thanks for posting that.
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » August 15th, 2010, 5:31 am

ndsandman wrote:
drathe wrote::shock: eBay Item 270621955083 :shock:

WOW if this sells ... $1,000 I want the drugs he is on. Or the drugs on the buyer. LOL
I am going to bookmark that ad, want to see what happens.
Thanks for posting that.

I hope he starves and has to eat his overpriced barbarian quest pack.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » August 15th, 2010, 8:55 am

I think someone will cough up for it.

shrink wrap. pristine. heh.

We all know that if any one of us in here had gobs of ca$h, and could afford $1G with minimal pain............
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby finallytherock » October 7th, 2010, 4:24 pm

just new user. finding agreement about printing stuff off. my homemade board is on photobucket under the username: finallytherock. I never mentioned on a previous post that the walls are raised and although the rooms aint painted, i can print off all the fab stuff on this website, laminate it and bung it in the rooms(doesnt move all over the placee then)
i'll bung a few pics up in a few weeks to "Pose"

even though i have nearly everything european HQ released base set (5) 4 expansions (2 of each) i still found this a very enjoyable project.

They wont re-release it. It would be better (maybe, i dont know, the box looks nice!!)if fantasy flight games did with HQ what they did with dungeonquest (another older game) the mechanics of the game are spot on, theres a big user market oot there, but some chief exec will want to update: Boards / figs / cardstock etc and use this as a reason for "costs too high" and "figs have moved on now"
we need more of these types of games around at affordable prices to encourage interaction of the younger generations away from non 1-1 comms.(no disrespect to computer games online or otherwise - its just one side of the picture though) It also encourages reading, maths, problem solving, co-operation, FRIENDSHIP (u dont have to like the folk in your computer online team to play do you?)to name a few.
In started playing this in the 90's with my daughters (cos i wanted to play and used them as a reason to buy the game - so did my mate and the best one i ever heard from him was that as an xmas present (instead of sox etc) he asked that his present be a few games of HQ (now thats quality deviousness) - and they ALL enjoyed it.
I hope to participate in more discussions at some point

Tom Male WFB Veteran 49 Scotland UK (and its raining)
finallytherock

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » October 7th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Interesting discussion, this. I just looked on UK ebay, no bids on a set for £19-99+£8-99 post, and no bids on £0-99+ about the same for post. Buy now, £37-99+£5-00, and £59-95+£9-00, so its the same over here! Wildly differing prices. I guess it all depends how much one really wants a HQ set. Perhaps this great site has helped to push up the prices, with lots of interested visitors?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » October 8th, 2010, 12:11 pm

Unopened sets are getting rarer and rarer....as I sent a scan of unpunched Witch Lord cardboards to drathe right the heck before punching them...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » December 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm

I just spotted the most rediculous auction ever!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heroquest-Board-G ... 19c1680d9c
This guy wants 10000 pounds!!!! :shock: when i saw that my brain almost said ''this file does not exist'' and shut itself up!
I wonder if that guy's last name is Corleone and people around him call him ''Don''...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market