• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Interesting Deck Builder dungeon KS game

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Interesting Deck Builder dungeon KS game

Postby Jackyboy » April 1st, 2016, 10:03 am

Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Interesting Deck Builder dungeon KS game

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » April 1st, 2016, 12:23 pm

Not a fan of the artwork.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » April 1st, 2016, 1:42 pm

It's funny but, because this came up right after all the hullabaloo over Daedalus Sentence, I kind of disregarded it. Now I think it's one of three (seems I saw another round board recently?), circular board games coming out...*Chuckle*... Maybe it'll be the new thing for a bit.

That said, the mechanics are a little different of course.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby lucasdp » April 7th, 2016, 4:01 pm

I think I'm going to back this one. I was introduced to deck-building games (through Dominion) very recently. It's a type of game I find very interesting, so why not try it with a fantasy/dungeon-crawling theme?
I am with Baylor that the art could be better, but that is not too much of a drawback for me.
I love that they're totally unapologetic about no minis. In the FAQ, the creator basically says, "Look, if you like these kinds of games, then you probably have plenty of minis you can proxy into this if you'd like." By not doing minis, he's keeping his costs lower, which allows for a more affordable pledge level. I might not pledge this if it were any higher, but think it's currently pretty reasonable, price-wise.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » April 26th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Just a heads-up, less than 48 hours on this one! All of the original stretch goals have been reached, so we're getting the game in a fancy shmancy wooden box now, and the creator revealed two more expansions as extended stretch goals (and we're less than $5k away from the first one).

Rewards:
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » October 11th, 2016, 11:45 am

I received Ravingspire last week, the second Kickstarter game to make it into my hands. The components look pretty great and the KS Exclusive wooden box is a beautiful, heavy monster that will make this game difficult to take on the road, but is sure to impress anytime anyone opens it up.

The rulebook isn't organized very well, but I was able to figure everything out eventually. It's like all the rules are there, but they're not in an order that makes sense to me, and it does the thing where some rules aren't actually stated in the "rules" section, but buried in the glossary. The creator put up a few videos and errata on their website, and other KS backers are saying that cleared up all their questions.

I played a half-assed solo game while I was trying to figure out the rules, but I haven't had a "real" game yet, solo or with others. It looks to be a really solid solo game, though. My lady friend picked up Harry Potter: Howart's Battles, and she wants to play a few games of that to get her used to deck-building before she tries Ravingspire, but I can tell she is looking forward to playing this one, too.

If folks are interested in hearing more on this game, let me know and I'll keep posting as I play it more. (I'll probably keep posting even if you don't want me to :lol: )

Rewards:
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » October 12th, 2016, 6:33 am

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:Not a fan of the artwork.

Not either.

The game looks interesting, but the "art" makes me :p .
Just photos (not even consistant in style) run through a photoshop filter.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jackyboy » October 18th, 2016, 4:32 pm

lucasdp

I'm glad you received the game and have mangaed to have a solo game :) It seems a million miles away from backing to receiving anything! Lord knows I've back about 10 this year and am only now waiting to receive the first in a few weeks! I hope the ladyfriend enjoys the game too when she is brave enough to attempt it! :)
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Ye Olde Market