• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various projects on Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various projects on Kickstarter

Postby lucasdp » April 22nd, 2016, 6:32 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
lucasdp wrote:Dungeon Explorers 28mm Miniatures
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... ers-and-r/
A small, new-ish miniatures company is expanding, and I think these look pretty good! I'm not a big fan of the snouts on the orcs, but I'm considering getting the heroes.

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but 4/5 Brit Quid for a miniature of that level of detail?
I could literally knead that from green stuff alone. I don't think they look any good and the price tag makes it worse.
Seems harshly overpriced. You can get a highly detailed DarkSword mini for a little more.

Good point, KK. I... hadn't done the math. I kind of like the pseudo-vintage style, even if they aren't the most detailed. I find the details they do have to be rather charming; the Gnome's staff, the Barbarian's club, the Wizard's spectacles, etc. I like what this company is doing and I'm glad this is funded and I wish them great success, but I will take your advice and think twice before I actually pledge. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » April 25th, 2016, 7:00 am

lucasdp wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:
lucasdp wrote:Dungeon Explorers 28mm Miniatures
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... ers-and-r/
A small, new-ish miniatures company is expanding, and I think these look pretty good! I'm not a big fan of the snouts on the orcs, but I'm considering getting the heroes.

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but 4/5 Brit Quid for a miniature of that level of detail?
I could literally knead that from green stuff alone. I don't think they look any good and the price tag makes it worse.
Seems harshly overpriced. You can get a highly detailed DarkSword mini for a little more.

Good point, KK. I... hadn't done the math. I kind of like the pseudo-vintage style, even if they aren't the most detailed. I find the details they do have to be rather charming; the Gnome's staff, the Barbarian's club, the Wizard's spectacles, etc. I like what this company is doing and I'm glad this is funded and I wish them great success, but I will take your advice and think twice before I actually pledge. |_P

While they're not the best scupted minis in teh world, they're decent, and I like the idea of basing them off of the old D&D cartoon. I am half tempted.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » April 25th, 2016, 12:40 pm

I borrowed the DVDs from a friend, and it included rules for using the characters in D&D (I think 4th edition - they are really bad at stating which edition each supplement goes to). My kids were super sad when they heard about what had happened to Uni!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » April 25th, 2016, 1:55 pm

The best thing about the cartoons is watching them as an adult gamer, and realising that the entire thing is a satire of RPG group dynamics!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 26th, 2016, 7:02 am

Currently backing:
Rail Raiders Infinite (last minute weakness pledge lol)
Rum & Bones Second Tide (I have the 1st one too, basic KS level)

Waiting for:
Darkest Dungeon? Dungeons of Darkness? Some new CMoN crawler, forgot the exact name.
Labyrinth the boardgame
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby slev » April 26th, 2016, 7:22 am

Sjeng wrote:Labyrinth the boardgame

You know, my old band line-up was perfecting a cover of Dance Magic Dance...

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » April 26th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Sjeng wrote:Currently backing:
Labyrinth the boardgame

Was that the riverhorse version? I missed that. Saw them get the license, then saw nothing else from it
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » April 26th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Sjeng wrote:...Waiting for:
Darkest Dungeon? Dungeons of Darkness? Some new CMoN crawler, forgot the exact name....

Massive Darkness?

Yup, me too. It'll likely be the last big game for me this year, you know unless something else super cool comes out...*Chuckle*... And, of course, assuming it looks good when it hits KS!

And, your post seems a potentially interesting topic all it's own, a "What are you currently Crowdfunding?" kind of topic... Hmmm...

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 26th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Thantos wrote:
Sjeng wrote:Currently backing:
Labyrinth the boardgame

Was that the riverhorse version? I missed that. Saw them get the license, then saw nothing else from it

http://riverhorse.eu/labyrinth-board/

Yup! lots of pics there. They have a FB site somewhere.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 27th, 2016, 1:27 am

I was just searching Kickstarter and their homepage for Labyrinth Boardgame but I couldn't find it. Is there anywhere to back this game?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market