• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various projects on Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Various projects on Kickstarter

Postby lucasdp » February 28th, 2016, 3:17 pm

I thought it might be nice to have a thread like this, similar to our "Various lots on Ebay", so that we don't need to create a new one for each KS we think the Inn might be interested in. (Although, I'm sure there will be some that deserve their own thread from time to time!)

Anyway, here are some that I'm currently backing or considering, or thought others here might like:

Argo - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fl ... games/argo
I'm backing this one. Looks like a quick, light, tile-laying survival crawler with a unique back-stabbing mechanic. Also the price tag is right, at only 30 Euros. 4 days left!

Battlestations (Second Edition) - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/go ... ard-game-r
I haven't backed this one yet but, oh, my Goddess, I am so freaking tempted! Did anyone here play the first edition back in the day? Also 4 days left!

Lands of Ruin - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/la ... -it-should
I'm not backing this one; I kinda like the post-apocalyptic theme, but I'm not big on skirmish games. What I really like, though, is the app to keep track of all the character and gameplay stats. Seems like that could speed things up a bit. About $300 away from being funded, and 10 days left.

Darklight: Memento Mori - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53 ... on-crawler
Nice classic-looking dungeon crawler here. Some decent tiles and minis that might be great for HQ, but I haven't verified if they're the right scale yet. Hasn't been funded yet, but I'm sure it will with 28 days left.

See, you guys didn't want/need me to start four threads, right? ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Various projects on Kickstarter

Postby QorDaq » February 28th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Darklight is being discussed in another thread (or a few comments have been exchanged anyway)... As to the scale; the Devs for Darklight (DL?) are saying that it is close to Kingdom's Death (35mm)... For the miniatures anyway. So I am guessing that the tiles will be "Oversized" compared with the 25mm standard so common with board games. The original WHQ had 30mm squares for their tiles as I recall, and the design scheme for these is VERY similar... To the point that I'd be surprised if they were not being printed deliberately to work with the old WHQ tiles... We'll see.

As to the question of making a consolidated thread for any topic, I feel there are pros and cons to both. The obvious pro being that the board does not fill up with random threads (possibly multiple for certain topics)... The downside is that it can be tough to find a specific detail in a popular thread... In the case of game discussions I can see there being some difficulty in keeping a given discussion alive and running if people are talking about lots of different projects at once. I can also see a challenge in terms of keeping either an OP updated with new projects (requires a person devoted for the long haul), or games will get buried as ongoing discussions push new topics off the radar possibly before they are noticed.

Not saying this can't work just offering my perspective on the broader implications.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lucasdp » February 28th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Good point, QorDaq. I guess I was proposing this could be a place to share projects quickly when you don't really feel the need to discuss them further. Obviously, if you really want to talk about a certain project and you expect some good conversation, start a new thread! But it might be nice to have a place to say, "Hey, check this out!" and just leave it a that.

For example, in my original post, I genuinely just wanted to share Argo, LoR, and DL, with no real intention of discussing them much further. (Although, thanks for clearing up the scale question immediately!)
On the other hand, I did kind of have a question regarding Battlestations, and I would like to chat if anyone has played the first edition, so maybe I should have started a thread for that one...?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » February 28th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Battle Stations looked interesting in concept. I like, for example, the idea of having things going on in space at the same time as things are happening within the spaceships themselves. This makes it feel more like an episode of a Sci-Fi TV series or something.

I was (and am I suppose), a bit dubious as to how well that can be pulled off without hopelessly bogging the game down... Especially since there are boarding actions and things included as well. Definitely a "Big" idea in this game. I never played the first edition, so I am not really sure what's new here either besides updated components of course.

maj!

QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Redav » February 28th, 2016, 7:55 pm

I'd already started one for gaming gear;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2731
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » February 28th, 2016, 9:41 pm

Darklight was the only one that I fancied. Mind you I didn't watch any of the videos. Sarcasm: They should have changed the name of the $200K stretch goal for the Balltestations mini to be Mother-In-Loid /Sarcasm

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 29th, 2016, 3:28 am

That Battlestation game reminds me of a Star Trek Game i knew. You had a audio cassette to play next to the game that was mostly quiet. You wanted to fulfill certain tasks on the Board, but sometimes the cassette would give you a task: "Hey, you , the one that has his turn now. Go to the machine room and repair the warp core!". Then you had to do that before you could go back doing your "real" task. :D As you stopped the cassette in the end of the game and continued it next time you played, it was always different. :D And totally random. Everybody wanted to play as fast as possible so to avoid receiving a task from the cassette. :D :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » March 24th, 2016, 2:37 pm

This game is, er, interesting...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52 ... genesis-of

I think there may be a kitchen sink in there somewhere.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » March 24th, 2016, 7:47 pm

cornixt wrote:This game is, er, interesting...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52 ... genesis-of

I think there may be a kitchen sink in there somewhere.

Yeah hard to decide if it's epic or overwhelming. One thing is sure though, this is definitely the dudes passion, and I hope he gets it made.

maj!

QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » March 24th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Overwhelming for sure. I like to think we are already there with HQ and expansions, and virtually no need to look at a rule book! But i do like that "challenge card" for the crypt decent with the green ooze covered stairs!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Market