• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroines Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 5:13 am

slev wrote:Thus, if a product features both cheesecake art/minis AND beefcake art/minis, fine.
BARBARIAN!
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 28th, 2016, 5:18 am

Gold Bearer wrote:How exactly am I being a hypocrite by hating people who believe that one half of the worlds population are superior to the other half? That's what feminism means!

First maybe you should calm down abit here, second http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism.

Gold Bearer wrote:What does misogynism mean? Feminism (not to be confused with femininity, which feminists detest) means the opposite.

See above, the word you are looking for is misandry.

Gold Bearer wrote:No I wasn't. She riled me up because of her attitude and her views, and having the nerve to post them. You're new here. She does really believe that crap, trust me. If a bloke was posting genuinely sexist and offensive remarks about women he wouldn't be allowed go get away it by other forum members and I'd be the first to react when I saw it. This is no different exact that people don't care or want to get involved when it's the other way round to what they're used to. The same way ethnic minorities are allowed to be racist. Those are actual hypocrisies! See the difference?

I doubt you will really acknowledge this, but most people don't say that ethnic minorities are allowed to be racist, they say that it is less harmful, because they are a minority and do not have the power and influence of a majority. When minority Y says Majority X is dumb! They have the whole of Majority X to stomp them back down again, when Majority X says minority Y is dumb, the one to get stomp on is still minority Y, because Majority X are bigger and they have more say.

The difference, I am seeing, is its only hypocrisy when people other than you do it.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » January 28th, 2016, 5:24 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
slev wrote:Thus, if a product features both cheesecake art/minis AND beefcake art/minis, fine.
BARBARIAN!

Exactly.

My replacementhero minis, both sexes have broadly similar ammounts of clothing for each of the four types.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 5:41 am

Once was Mortimer wrote:I doubt you will really acknowledge this, but most people don't say that ethnic minorities are allowed to be racist, they say that it is less harmful, because they are a minority and do not have the power and influence of a majority. When minority Y says Majority X is dumb! They have the whole of Majority X to stomp them back down again, when Majority X says minority Y is dumb, the one to get stomp on is still minority Y, because Majority X are bigger and they have more say.
Completely irrelevant. In the context of one person posting offensive remarks, how does that make it any more acceptable for the those in the minority to be offensive to others based on nothing less arbitrary than gender or race?

Once was Mortimer wrote:The difference, I am seeing, is its only hypocrisy when people other than you do it.
I'll calm down you stop calling me a hypocrite.

I did get the definition of feminist wrong, but it's completely obvious which group of people I was referring to. It shouldn't be called feminism if they believe in equality. I actually am an avid feminist, but I'm also a masculinist because you can't be one without the other if you believe in equality.

I asked you how it was hypocritical to hate the view that one half of the worlds population is superior to the other half and you couldn't answer. If you give me one example of double standards I'll hold my hands up and admit to being a hypocrite.
Last edited by Gold Bearer on January 28th, 2016, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby slev » January 28th, 2016, 5:49 am

wolfie907 wrote:Now if you want a similiar subject but superior models then i believe this will be going live on the 8th of feburary
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=86253.0 i have some of this guys models they are great i highly recomend these over the oathsworn ones also has a good track record on kickstarter.

Ohhh, those are niiiiice.

Can you prod the forum when that goes live please wolfie?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 28th, 2016, 5:55 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I asked you how it was hypocritical to hate the view that one half of the worlds population is superior to the other half and you couldn't answer. If you give me one example of I'll hold my hands up and admit to being a hypocrite.

Look I'm not trying to beat you down, just maybe reflect on your views abit.

Well, you pretty much already proved it by admitting you got the definition of feminism wrong, there are people who use it to mean it by the dictionary defined definition, they don't want superiority for women. The hypocrisy was you branding the entirety of feminism in one hateful way, I understand there are bad apples, but they are only a small part of it (And is generally considered the lunatic fringe by the movement, so they don't even count those who act as you suggest as actual feminists). But how is that different from one branding 'all men' as evil?

Another thought on wording, if the fem in feminism dictates it favours females ... does the man in management dictate that it favours men?

Sorry the hypocrisy thing bothered you man, but we are all guilty of it ... its impossible to get through life without some of our views occasionally being hypocritical, its just the nature of hindsight and reflection. So don't take it to personally.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 6:02 am

Once was Mortimer wrote:Sorry the hypocrisy thing bothered you man, but we are all guilty of it ... its impossible to get through life without some of our views occasionally being hypocritical, its just the nature of hindsight and reflection. So don't take it to personally.
It bothered me because I was already bothered, because I think it was a false claim, because I really hate hypocrisy and I really hate sexism, from either side.

Once was Mortimer wrote:Another thought on wording, if the fem in feminism dictates it favours females ... does the man in management dictate that it favours men?
Possibly. You'd have to look into the origins of the word. There's lots of words like that though, their definitions change over time. I don't consider the term man-kind to be sexist because in that context man means human. It does sound kind of bad though.

slev wrote:
wolfie907 wrote:Now if you want a similiar subject but superior models then i believe this will be going live on the 8th of feburary
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=86253.0 i have some of this guys models they are great i highly recomend these over the oathsworn ones also has a good track record on kickstarter.

Ohhh, those are niiiiice.

Can you prod the forum when that goes live please wolfie?
:? Well that was a bit off topic.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » January 28th, 2016, 7:18 am

The need for feminism is there because too much machoism exists.
Really free are you, if you can appreciate beautiful women without reducing the credibility you give them in other topics. Same with trained men, you can like the muscles but you shall keep this quality separate from other qualities that man may have.
That's difficult as we are programmed otherwise - possibilities for Sex or fight are never completely absent in our monkey brains.

I can just say that a woman has good chances in my company if she's tough enough and agressive in the right moment, but really nice in all the other moments. And she has better chances if she looks good. That's the way it works. It's the same for men here.

These Models are packed like for a winter storm. I appreciate that for some quests, for other not. I will buy some, but not all.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 28th, 2016, 7:30 am

Anderas wrote:Really free are you, if you can appreciate beautiful women without reducing the credibility you give them in other topics.
Totally, well said.

Anderas wrote:I can just say that a woman has good chances in my company if she's tough enough and agressive in the right moment, but really nice in all the other moments. And she has better chances if she looks good. That's the way it works. It's the same for men here.
Agree 100%! Nice is nice, but strong and aggressive (when appropriate) is nicer. I think most women would like the same thing in a man.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » January 28th, 2016, 7:44 am

The way I see the miniature marked...
There are A LOT of female miniatures with regular sensible clothing and armor.
There are of course also a whole lot of female minis with sexy armor.
But I dare say you can find any combination of class and race in sensible armor with EASE.
Complaining about too many bikini babes just doesn't make sense. Sure there are a lot, but don't tell me anyone have trouble finding clothed female minis!
The sentiment goes both ways. Don't be offended what other people prefer as long as you are given a choice yourself.
If anything it'll be hard to find a sexy dwarf or halfling!

What THESE miniatures do (like them or not) is fill out a virtually unfulfilled niche; namely "realistic" adventurers with bags and ropes etc.
I find it to be true when they say current miniatures are mostly bikinis and ornate armor. These are certainly lvl 1 characters.
They look like farmers who borrowed gear to retrieve their price pig from a group of goblins.
This kind of miniatures are incredible hard to find. Regardless if you want males or females. (maybe because people just find them boring???)

I stand by what I said earlier; I like them well enough.
Just wish every single one of them didn't have to carry a complete adventurer's beginners kit:
1x lantern
1x rope
1x large backpack
3x pouches
1x secondary weapon

wolfie907 wrote:i dont wanna see anymore locked topics or forbidden subject matter on this forum get a grip people.

Too late!

New forbidden topics:

Feminism
Disney Princesses
Miniatures

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market