Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Postby Once was Mortimer » Saturday January 16th, 2016 8:10pm

Maybe a bit of a strange query. Would anyone sell off a decent condition Heroquest box or expansion box ... I'm guessing its unlikely as the box is usually the first thing to go, but just thought I'd ask. (A UK main set and a Ogre Horde box in particular).

Yes, I am being pedantic about my collection.
Once was Mortimer

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Postby drathe » Sunday January 17th, 2016 1:24am

It's rare, but you can sometimes find them on eBay. I've been looking for an Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar UK box for several years, but when they do go up, they're more expensive than I can afford at the time.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Once was Mortimer » Monday January 18th, 2016 1:16am

Which bares my other idea, which I'm not sure if its abit iffy legally. Buying a plan box and printing out the boxart onto it?
Once was Mortimer

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Sunday June 18th, 2017 9:05am

As you probably know, making and selling boxes with copyrighted art can get you into legal trouble with Hasbro. Making a box for your personal use is a different matter and won't bother anybody, even if it is technically illegal. It doesn't pay for Hasbro to oppose this kind of reproduction as it doesn't challenge their copyright. Should you decide to sell your personal box later, you've crossed the line by another degree. The more you repeat this, the more likely you are to be found out and legally warned with a cease and desist letter. Ignore that and you'll likely need a lawyer.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Wednesday July 12th, 2017 10:08pm

I'll happily make my own boxes if someone has instructions. The kind of materials, and so forth.
aaronAGN

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » Sunday July 16th, 2017 11:57pm

You almost have to make your own since people are selling empty boxes for 10 to 20 bucks on eBay right now.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » Monday July 17th, 2017 12:04am

I need to replace mine as well the boxes are very,very worn now.
Fallensaviour

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Friday December 8th, 2017 8:39pm

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Sunday December 17th, 2017 6:29pm

Daedalus wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:I'll happily make my own boxes if someone has instructions. The kind of materials, and so forth.

https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=how+to+make+game+boxes&oq=how+to+make+game+boxes&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.18528j0j7&client=ms-android-htc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1

Never thought of this, thanks!
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Market