• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reporting Ebay listings

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Reporting Ebay listings

Postby IvenBach » July 29th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Sarcasm: That's the GERMAN version! You should bamf all over this blueboy (KnightKrawler)! /Sarcasm

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wolfie907 » July 30th, 2014, 12:03 am

he used battlemasters halbidiers but even some of those are recasts that dude is an *Play-Doh factory*

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » July 30th, 2014, 12:09 am

Take a deep breath wolfie... It'll be all right. Sarcasm: There is a special place in hell for people like that, don't you worry. I'll see him there and be sure to greet him when he finally gets there. /Sarcasm

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 30th, 2014, 9:55 am

Now I get it. I'm so sorry. He's a :fimir:.
"Die Magiers van Morcar" with a funny accent my keyboard doesn't even have? That's not German. It's not even Dutch!

For fraggle's Sake, Am I Pissed Now!
This is goldendboy82 squared.
Last edited by knightkrawler on May 21st, 2016, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm

torilen wrote:You have a point, drathe, about everything on this site. We make it very clear, though, that this is a fan site,
making no challenge to copyright or trademark, and we don't make any profits from what we post here.

That guy is clearly ripping off fans' work and selling it for profit. You're right, I guess...ebay won't do anything
if I am not the copyright holder. If anyone happens to see stuff like that, and knows who created it, let me know
and I'll be happy to try and get a hold of the copyright holder so they can make a valid claim if they wish.

I just hate stuff like that.

herman_the_german is a forum member here at the Inn, but only visited the day after he registered. He's also a member at Boardgamegeek. As you've mentioned, he's been more active at Old Scratch's, where he touted his efforts earlier this year in his painting thread. Mortimer may have read it, as he has been online at Old Scratch's as recently as May of this year. herman_the_german seemed like just another HQ expansion enthusiast until his recent auctions. Any member at Old Scratch's is free to post a reply in his thread to clue him about the community's feelings of the practice of profiting off of fan work without permission. I'd judge Malechi is sure to agree, judging from past BGG posts regarding the borrowing of his images (herman-the-german wasn't part of it.)

Mortimer is still a member at Old Scratch's--though he hasn't posted since the end of '09. herman_the_german should have shot him a PM asking for permission to use his work for auctions. Has he done this? Instead of PMing Mortimer yourself, you have the option of suggesting this action to herman_the_german, so that he may still set things right. Mortimer can always confirm for you with his own pm.

I gotta say I'm disappointed if herman_the_german hasn't made any efforts to request permission for the work he is profitting from (I'm just focusing on Mortimer's efforts). But as another member here has pointed out in the past, it is the responsibility of the copyright owner to defend their work. Mortimer should be the one to stop it, though others are free to disapprove as they see fit.

Here I see the greatest threat, both to herman_the_german, and to the rest of the fans. I say a threat because his monster card sets use Games Workshop art. That company is famous for letting loose the lawyers on those who improperly use thier creations, regardless of profit. If somebody tipped off GW, I imagine it would result in a cease-and-desist letter. Problem is, it might also attract their baleful gaze upon Old Scratch and the Inn as sources of infringing material. I'd be against risking that course of action.

I'm gonna leave with this: The auction for the set B monster cards have an error. At the bottom of the second column of cards, the River Troll has special rules for a Wight, not a River Troll. Glad it didn't sell.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 20th, 2016, 5:02 am

Sorry for Necro'ing

Having gotten back into HQ a couple of months ago I still spotted some of these on ebay. I'm not sure if I can really say anything given I can't seem to get back into Old Scratch and the website he took them from seems to be long gone. I really wasn't following the scene anymore when this thread came up. But it seems I've let it go on a few years now and not sure if there is anything I can do at this point?

Edit: Just got back into my old account, nope he certainly never asked permission to use them.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 20th, 2016, 5:17 am

So you are THE Mortimer. Goodness Gracious, welcome back! I wanted to drop you a PM because of your username and pulled out.
Now reading this post I know for sure. They all do come back at some point...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 20th, 2016, 5:29 am

knightkrawler wrote:So you are THE Mortimer. Goodness Gracious, welcome back! I wanted to drop you a PM because of your username and pulled out.
Now reading this post I know for sure. They all do come back at some point...

Afraid so :)
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » January 21st, 2016, 1:58 am

He had an old plastic gw boar up for sale a week or so ago for 35 bucks oh and check this out if you do actually want to persue legal action it's an interesting article about herman gomez http://newsball.com/ebay-scammer-german ... s-insight/

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 21st, 2016, 5:36 am

Oh, wow! Quite the insight right there.
Thanks for posting, wolfie!

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market