• Advertisement

Brazilian Ebay eye candy

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Brazilian Ebay eye candy

Postby Sjeng » Thursday January 31st, 2013 4:35pm

you know, the entire Brazilian HQ game looks SO cheap... Even the box looks flimsy. They really cut on the budget for distribution over there, didn't they... A shame really. How much is a Brazilian dollar anyway? Looks like they're selling at extremely high prices for a cheap version of a game that's 100x more awesome in other countries... For shame MB!!!

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Blackthorn » Thursday January 31st, 2013 4:41pm

Daedalus wrote:@ washi-
Do you know where the Sir Ragnar part comes from? Is it an original art cardboard standee?

It looks like the Chaos Warlock standee was referred to as Sir Ragnar in that auction. I imagine finding a pictorial reference to Sir Ragnar would be the HeroQuest equivalent to the Shroud of Turin ;)
Last edited by Blackthorn on Thursday January 31st, 2013 5:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Blackthorn » Thursday January 31st, 2013 4:46pm

Sjeng wrote:For shame MB!!!

Was this really MBs doing, or was it licenced to Estrela? Was Estrela part of MB, or a separate entity?

I would imagine they could have had better components like the rest of the world, but perhaps Estrela chose to keep the production costs down.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Thursday January 31st, 2013 5:15pm

Estrela had the licence to produce the game and expansions from Milton Bradley, but the miniatures were a separate licence from Cidadel/Games Workshop.

1 Brazilian Real = 0.5 $, 0.37 €, 0.31 £

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Blackthorn » Thursday January 31st, 2013 5:48pm

drathe wrote:Estrela had the licence to produce the game and expansions from Milton Bradley, but the miniatures were a separate licence from Cidadel/Games Workshop.

Hmm, maybe Estrela is in a better postion to do a reprint than anyone else, if the license hasn't expired. Maybe we wouldn't want cardboard standees, but wouldn't it be great to have a new source for boards, boxes, tiles, dice and furniture? Cards too, if you read Portuguese.

Just a thought.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby washi » Thursday January 31st, 2013 7:48pm

The rights of brazilian edition belongs to Hasbro now.
And about the Brazilian edition, I had one years ago (like I said one post). From what I remember, the quality of cards is a little worse and the miniatures are made of paper. Otherwise, is the same of others versions.

And about the "Brazilian dollar" (Real), today is $0,50, but when the game was released the country was in a period of terrible economy. So I imagine that's the reason of the cheap quality and the release of just 2 expansions.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Friday February 1st, 2013 8:32pm

I combed the net for Dragão Brasil downloads. I've got the scans for all the magazine adventures, the new Heroes, and the Hero Quest Special. Maybe these can be added to the Homepage. I also have poor scans of the Brazilian Instruction Manual and Quest Book that are begging for a remaster. If enough people are interested, I can post a thread with attachments. Otherwise, I can send them through pm.

Of course, these need translating. I might be willing to fake a Google translate to get things started, but it looks like another translation project is to be added to the docket for those more qualified in Portuguese (if these are indeed to be added to the Inne).
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Friday February 1st, 2013 9:46pm

I have all the Dragão scans. Phoenix and I started translating them. One was released back in... August?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby washi » Friday February 1st, 2013 11:08pm

I could try to help you people

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » Saturday February 2nd, 2013 3:28am

:o sounds awesome

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market