• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reaper Bones Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Reaper Bones Kickstarter

Postby drathe » April 13th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Sjeng wrote:Well, Reaper has free shipping when you order over a certain amount, so that's not really the problem, especially if you're in the US. But in Europe you need to pay import taxes 21% over the total value plus handling.

Thankfully, the marked value will only be your initial pledge level $ amount. Extras won't be listed. If you got vampire for $100 plus $200 in add-ons, only the $100 will be declared on the shipment.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » April 14th, 2013, 5:13 am

yes, I know, but I was talking about ordering from their webshop if you wanted additional bones that weren't in the Vampire deal :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » April 14th, 2013, 9:54 pm

I'm in Taiwan, so no free shipping for me. However, after checking import fees, I think I won't be hit by any. Shipping used to be available by boat, but now it's all airmail. I miss the old days. Fortunately, Reaper's international shipping fee is very reasonable. I couldn't pass on this deal for so many reasons
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Ethica » April 25th, 2013, 9:38 am

I got my vampire package.

There's a shed load of figures in here. I'm not keen on the material they're made from on the weapons but it carries the detail well enough. I guess once they're painted no ones going to know the difference between hard and soft plastics. Another gripe I have though is many of them are different scales, I suppose this is better than them all being the wrong scale and many are heroquest compatible. Just when I'd decided that my miniature collection is as complete as it needs to be I get a load more figures I want to write quests around, good thing Morcar is not dead yet ;)

I sorted through them and chose just over 50 that I'm going to keep, but the majority don't interest me so much and I'm going to flog them.

I'm very pleased with what I got. My favourites are

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » April 25th, 2013, 10:49 am

Your favourites are...?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » April 25th, 2013, 11:19 am

Img_7571.jpg

These are the ones I have ideas for how I want to use them and I like the scale of.

All the figures in the pack have so much detail and they're almost all really good. I would use more of them in HQ except that they couldn't add to my game because-

I like the gremlin things, but I already have goblins.
I like the orc/ogre things, but I already have orcs and ogres.
I like the scorpions, but I already have spiders.
I also have more magic users than I can think of unique powers for and in the pack there are some great mages.

It's inspiring that small groups of themed figures, so I'm tempted to create a new game based on the space crusade model of having a team of people to control (like 3 grunts and a commander). But this would be alot more work and I don't think I can be bothered with that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » April 25th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Awesome!! I hope I get mine soon too!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » April 25th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Ethica wrote:
Img_7571.jpg

These are the ones I have ideas for how I want to use them and I like the scale of.

All the figures in the pack have so much detail and they're almost all really good. I would use more of them in HQ except that they couldn't add to my game because-

I like the gremlin things, but I already have goblins.
I like the orc/ogre things, but I already have orcs and ogres.
I like the scorpions, but I already have spiders.
I also have more magic users than I can think of unique powers for and in the pack there are some great mages.

It's inspiring that small groups of themed figures, so I'm tempted to create a new game based on the space crusade model of having a team of people to control (like 3 grunts and a commander). But this would be alot more work and I don't think I can be bothered with that.

If the scale is totally different than HQ and they don’t look good together maybe it’s better to create some quests for reaper minis only. There are many minis and it is possible to do that. So you could say, “this weekend we will play with reaper minis” or “with GW minis only”. This is what I am going to do if they are looking very different. But the good is that most of them could been used as elite soldiers or bosses, and this is what I need the most for my games. And for this type of enemies the scale is not a problem.

About your idea to make rules for each player having a group of heroes(like space crusade), this means more combat and less adventuring. You should add fixed movement with no six-sided dices to reduce the time for each player turn, and things like that or else your game will take too long. But as you said it needs a lot of work, though If you find time to do it don’t forget to share it, it is very interesting.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market