• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby joec » March 2nd, 2012, 2:19 pm

Sigh. I overwrote my previous HeroScribe files with the new All-in-one, and now the bloody thing errors out on start-up.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Derfel Link » March 2nd, 2012, 2:24 pm

Hey Joe I'm sorry to hear that, what kind of error is popping out?
If you can be more accurate I'm sure we'll find a solution.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 2nd, 2012, 2:34 pm

Easiest solution, delete the entire HeroScribe folder and begin anew with the All-in-One. If you have maps saved in the HeroScribe folder, be sure to copy them elsewhere as a backup.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 3rd, 2012, 6:28 am

Derfel Link wrote:
Derfel Link wrote:Please note I'm working at including every icon and game board in the All-In-One Icon Pack, so you might want to wait for and use that.

And here it is! The All-In-One Icon Pack for HeroScribe is now including every icon and board from all the Icon Packs available, featuring 1000+ icons and 10+ boards.
When you want to switch boards, choose the one you would like to use in HeroScribe and copy the Objects.xml file of the board folder then replace the original one from the HeroScribe folder.
Say you want to use the Dragon Strike City board, just copy "/HeroScribe/Boards/Dragon Strike City/Objects.xml" and paste it in "/HeroScribe".
To switch back to the original HeroQuest gameboard, just copy "/HeroScribe/Boards/HeroQuest/Objects.xml" in "/HeroScribe".
Please note that in "/HeroScribe/Boards" are shown previews for all the boards available in HeroScribe (board tile size is shown in the filename).
Cheers

Is it possible to install multiple instances of HS with each board installed, so I don't need to manually copy stuff each time? I usually mess thing up that way :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » March 3rd, 2012, 6:37 am

Of course you can, let's say you want two HeroScribe: first one will use the Dragon Quest board, second one the Egyptian board.

Make two copies of the HeroScribe folder, let's say you name the first HeroScribeDragonQuest, second HeroScribeEgyptian.
Then copy HeroScribeDragonQuest/Boards/Dragon Quest/Objects.xml to HeroScribeDragonQuest/ and HeroScribeEgyptian/Boards/Egyptian/Objects.xml to HeroScribeEgyptian/.

That's it, when you want the Dragon Quest board you start up from /HeroScribeDragonQuest.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » March 3rd, 2012, 12:05 pm

Fantastic! I'm gonna try that ;) Thanks!

I take it the Dragon Strike game needs 4 seperate installations then, because of the 4 boards?

edit: yup. but the objects.xml copying trick is actually pretty easy :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby joec » March 4th, 2012, 10:10 pm

drathe wrote:Easiest solution, delete the entire HeroScribe folder and begin anew with the All-in-One. If you have maps saved in the HeroScribe folder, be sure to copy them elsewhere as a backup.

I just did this, and it didn't work.
"The Java JAR file "HeroScribe.jar" could not be launched"

I checked the console on my Mac, and this is what I got:

3/4/12 9:08:21.156 PM [0x0-0x65065].com.apple.JarLauncher: java.lang.Exception: Can't load all PNG icons.

Rewards:
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby joec » March 5th, 2012, 3:49 pm

...and now with a fresh install of the HeroScribe software, I can't open my map that I was working on.

I think I'll take this to email or PM until we get a fix figured out. Derfel, I will create a video tonight and send you a link to it so you can see what's going on.

Rewards:
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Nerrad72 » March 7th, 2012, 12:55 pm

This is just what I need, been needing some more icons for Heroscribe.
After a couple of failed attempts I've got it to work and its pure brilliance.
Very excited about making some new maps.

Derfel Link this is one awesome job you've done here. Many thanks
Nerrad72

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » March 8th, 2012, 11:46 am

I figured out my issue: My Mac was overwriting folders instead of merging them, so image files were inaccurately being referenced, which caused my issues.

Rewards:
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Icons