• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Sjeng » Friday January 17th, 2014 1:46pm

Now windows can't find the program -Xms1024M
So it doesn't see it as a variable...

I placed the second " after all the variables, leaving HeroScribe.jar out of them. It starts up now, but still hangs at the splash screen...

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Postby drathe » Saturday January 18th, 2014 12:16am

My .bat file looks different from yours'. I don't have start at the beginning and I have the full location of HeroScribe.jar.

Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "H:\HeroQuest\HeroScribe\HeroScribe.jar"

Could just be my version of Windows.

Looks like I need to whip up some new install instructions for all those icon packs, eh Derfel Link? Hopefully this week I can update them.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Saturday January 18th, 2014 4:40am

I remembered why it never works on my system!

Windows just won't accept/run the HeroScribe.bat when it's installed on my C:\program files (x86) folder... Whenever I had to edit the bat file, I couldn't save it! Admin rights and all that crap from Win7. (Only user, so I'm admin by default, and still I need admin rights, sigh).
And that's why I couldn't find HS installed on my PC! I had installed it on a different partition! I deleted that folder, because I thought it was just a backup, and after downloading the new packs, I removed the old folder.

So after installing a clean version of HS on my D:\ disc, and adding/overwriting the all-in-one pack, it works! Not the installed "run heroscribe 1.0" link in your start menu, but the .bat file (because of the memory issue, that still exists).

Mystery solved, and noted here once and for all.

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Tuesday January 21st, 2014 9:06am

noticed by chaoticprime:

When you create a map that's 1x2 boards wide, and try to lay down a pit trap on the right-most map it will only show the graphic. The orange tone instead shows up on the left board on the matching space.

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Sunday February 2nd, 2014 7:29pm

Sjeng wrote:noticed by chaoticprime:

When you create a map that's 1x2 boards wide, and try to lay down a pit trap on the right-most map it will only show the graphic. The orange tone instead shows up on the left board on the matching space.

It's distracting and can be a bit confusing when trying to remember whether chests are trapped, or which traps are magically hidden, but this only affects what's on-screen in the GUI. The export to EPS, or PDF will be correct.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » Monday March 10th, 2014 6:46am

Sjeng wrote:noticed by chaoticprime:

Thank you guys for noticing, it took a second to fix this bug.
Available on HeroScribe.Org are the following Icon Pack updates:

- All-in-One: 7 new icons, new map-opening method by drag-n-drop and fixed North American traps on multiple boards
- Derfel Link: just a small fix
- Nicodemus: 3 new icons
- Yon: 4 new icons

Here's a preview:

Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Monday March 10th, 2014 6:55am

cool new tiles. if you happen to have the actual 300dpi scans of those tiles, feel free to post them in the gallery ;)

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Derfel Link » Friday March 14th, 2014 2:34am

knightkrawler wrote:Can I request one other thing? :oops:
The monsters from Descent, v1... :roll:

Hey guys, I've finally begun to work on the Descent monster icons:

When I think about HeroQuest monsters icon style, I always focus on what Wolf from Old Scratch's was able to do with the Dwarf icon (by far the most gorgeous icon available in HeroScribe):

As I can't really aim to that quality, I've been trying my best do draw them but can't really say if they can be considered satisfactory, or not.
Please share any comment or suggestion, I'd even use a tutorial, anything to try and learn the style that I feel I still cannot emulate.
Thanks

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » Friday March 14th, 2014 6:00pm

Personally, I think the icons look good.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday March 15th, 2014 3:03am

They do. Though I would maybe have included the wings for all the flyers and maybe a full body icon for the naga.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Icons