• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby torilen » June 15th, 2012, 8:56 am

I know this has been said before. Does anyone know where to find the instructions
on placing the new icon packs into heroscribe?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Derfel Link » June 15th, 2012, 9:02 am

Hi torilen, as it's said on the FAQ page you'll just need to extract the Icon Pack .zip inside the HeroScribe folder, replacing any file as requested.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » June 15th, 2012, 9:40 am

Okay - I did that. They are not coming up on the add objects in heroscribe.
Do I need a newer version of HS?

EDIT - never mind. I didn't scroll down enough. I didn't realize it would make a new add object section
just for the new icon pack. I understand now. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have one other question, since I'm here. Do the new icon packs have any tiles that can be printed to be
used with them? How would that work.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Derfel Link » June 15th, 2012, 9:51 am

torilen wrote:I do have one other question, since I'm here. Do the new icon packs have any tiles that can be printed to be used with them? How would that work.

I'm sorry torilen but icon packs don't include any tile and they never will, we just provide a tool to design your quest and that's it.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » June 15th, 2012, 9:54 am

okay - actually I do have a new problem. I got one of the packs working. Then I installed several others and went
back into HS to check things out. It is only showing me the latest pack I installed. Is that right?

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Derfel Link » June 15th, 2012, 10:00 am

I guess you don't like FAQs, is that right? :) Here's a link for you.
You probably want to install the All-In-One pack, featuring every icon and board.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » June 15th, 2012, 10:02 am

No - I remember seeing that section on the FAQ - didn't put two and two together, and plus I probably
didn't want to register that in my mind. I can do programming type stuff (taught myself html code before)
but I hate that stuff.

But okay...I'll give that a shot.
Thanks.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Derfel Link » June 15th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Hey guys, here's an ultimate draft for weapons, armours and some ranks:

I hope these mini-icons look clear to you, as I'd like to move forward to work on the last ranks' mini-icons and release the whole icon pack. I've also added a dozen or more popups explaining the reason why HeroScribe can't run, if that's the case.
I hope you'll all be able to play with the new icon pack pretty soon.
Daedalus wrote:You may have already done this before, but would it be worth including a Spiked Gauntlet as a weapon?

Yes it'd, good catch! I think I'll go with something like this:

Daedalus wrote:Another question is what do you do with a monster that fights with two weapons/attacks--is it a rank/class ability, or do you ignore it and up the Attack dice like AtOH does with the Ogre Chieftan and Ogre Lord?

Well, ask to the master :) I'm just trying to give as many options as possible, I'll leave all the choices to the user.
Daedalus wrote:Having a fouth catagory for diagonally-attacking weapons does solve things, but don't let my suggestions push you too far if you really don't think they are needed

Not a problem, it's rather solving one, so that'll be ok.
Daedalus wrote:The North American rules include the Longsword as a diagonally-attacking weapon. You could include the Spiked Gauntlet--I don't play the European rules, however. The Hand axe presents a problem, as it may be thrown diagonally, but can't be used diagonally when making regular adjacent attacks. I think a Magic Wand could attack diagonally, as it uses LOS (right?). Maybe those diagonally-attacking weapons that are exclusive to the European (or NA) rules should noted with an asterisk and a note or something.

I'd like to insert as many diagonally-attacking weapons as anyone would think there are, so I'll probably ending up slanting all of them, but I'm not that sure, yet.
Daedalus wrote:My feeling is black mini-icons over black icons is best for the American version. I'm guesing green on green for the European version would work as well.

I'll try that, thanks Daedalus for this and all other hints, they're much appreciated.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » June 19th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Ok guys, my Advanced HeroQuest miniature set arrived today and I really liked it. I am know working on the icons, and since drathe already worked on the henchmen (they can be found in the Ye Olde Inn's Icon Pack, I believe, under the name of Sentry Halberd and Sentry Swordsman) and others worked on the skaven icon (whose different weapons I will be adding into the relative category, by the way), we just need hero icons:

And here's a slight editing of drathe's henchmen icons:

Skaven time:

Alternative, maybe better skavens:

Final draft:

What do you think of those? I think I'll probably end up making the skaven weapons vertical, by the way.
Thanks!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » June 20th, 2012, 8:57 am

I like your second version of skaven MUCH better than the first. Just my opinion, of course.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Icons