• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Reusable Vinyl Stickers Used for Custom Quest Maps

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Reusable Vinyl Stickers Used for Custom Quest Maps

Postby Malcadon » April 10th, 2015, 10:39 pm

The other day, I found an unopened Stanley Project Planners Home Designer box at the Goodwill store for $4. (A good deal, seeing how in costs $50 on Amazon!) It is a simple kit for remodeling one's own home without drawing fancy blueprints. It comes with a glossy 16"x21" 1-intch grid sheet that can be marked with whiteboard markers, and a set of reusable clear vinyl stickers with walls, doors and furnishing. The stickers are the same type of stickers one would see in the rear windows of cars, that use static or water to stick instead of adhesive.

I purchased it so I can layout battle/encounter areas for my RPG games. I already own a vinyl game mat like it (save for being beige and textured like parchment), but this allows me to quickly throw down furniture without having to draw it all out tell everyone what they are. Although, it is more geared towards modern layouts than the all too common castle/dungeon decor, but it is still doable. But it also got me thinking about how that can be translated to HeroQuest, namely using the same materials to create custom Quest Maps.

Are there any printers out there that make custom vinyl stickers akin to how Lulu do print-on-demand books, or that one site with custom cards? If there is one, and they are not too expensive, I would strongly consider getting a set.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Reusable Vinyl Stickers Used for Custom Quest Maps

Postby Daedalus » June 5th, 2015, 3:32 pm

Cool idea for gaming in general. With a quick search I found this site that you can upload your files at to get printed on "kiss cut" (ready to peel) vinyl sheets. An 8x10 sheet will cost US $8.99, while a 12x20 sheet will set you back $19.99. If you go through with this, it would be great to see them in action with pics.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby mikehelm » April 25th, 2019, 3:39 am

Stickers trend has changed a lot, now most common stickers that are available are Vinyl stickers, these stickers look more finished & also have firm adhesive quality.
I have bought similar decal & vinyl stickers from https://everywheredecals.com/, they just look fab.
mikehelm

Postby cornixt » April 25th, 2019, 10:16 am

Daedalus wrote:Cool idea for gaming in general. With a quick search I found this site that you can upload your files at to get printed on "kiss cut" (ready to peel) vinyl sheets. An 8x10 sheet will cost US $8.99, while a 12x20 sheet will set you back $19.99. If you go through with this, it would be great to see them in action with pics.

I made my own version of the Adventure Design set using regular sticky printer paper, and I could print out enough stickers to use on at least five quests onto a single 8x11 sheet. I was planning to give them to my kids when they became responsible enough, but then misplaced it. It will be a surprise when it turns up one day.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Icons