• Advertisement

monster icons

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

monster icons

Postby Idomeneas » Wednesday July 22nd, 2009 4:50pm

I wander if there is anywhere a file of a good scan of the monster icons in HQ.
I have an idea of heroes learning new feats and skills, based on level of xp points. Each monster will give certain xp points once killed. In that way the Heroes will advance based on their real contribution in the game. I would like to encourage players in taking active part in combat instaed of waiting till someone else get the dirty job done. Its unfair to be promoted to Hero status only by the number of quests you participate even if you did nothing special. So i want to build some levels of extra skills the player can have through battle xp.

That means that i will make a nice cardboard chart with all the monster icons and their xp worth, for all the players to see. For my extra monsters i will make my own but i would like to avoid the trouble of redoing the standard icons if they are available somewhere.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: monster icons

Postby Phoenix » Wednesday July 22nd, 2009 7:40pm

If you shoot me some numbers of XP, I might be able to throw something together for you.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Thursday July 23rd, 2009 5:00pm

Phoenix wrote:If you shoot me some numbers of XP, I might be able to throw something together for you.

Basically i need the icons, the chart thing i can make it myself, Im graphic designer so its my field :D . As for the numbers i have to think and rethink :? so they are going to change several times i think. Do you have that stuff in good resolution? Cause in the pdf files i have the icons are low and i still havent bought a new scanner to scan my manual...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday July 23rd, 2009 11:29pm

Have you tried using HeroScribe to just create a hi-res map with one of each of the monster icons? That might be a good way to go about it. I do have a hi-res scan of the icons from the back of the quest books (north american system, elf pack, barbarian pack and ogre horde) if you'd rather a set of those. I think it would be easier to use the HeroScribe ones since they're all vector files, rather than fix up scans to get what you want.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Idomeneas » Friday July 24th, 2009 5:45pm

drathe wrote:Have you tried using HeroScribe to just create a hi-res map with one of each of the monster icons? That might be a good way to go about it. I do have a hi-res scan of the icons from the back of the quest books (north american system, elf pack, barbarian pack and ogre horde) if you'd rather a set of those. I think it would be easier to use the HeroScribe ones since they're all vector files, rather than fix up scans to get what you want.

Havent use hesoscribe yet. I ll check it out

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Idomeneas

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daniel » Friday February 26th, 2016 8:01pm

Did anyone ever find any monster icons? Especially any transparent .png would be great.
Daniel

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby StratosVX » Friday February 26th, 2016 10:10pm

Daniel wrote:Did anyone ever find any monster icons? Especially any transparent .png would be great.

Heroscribe has .png files in it's resources. If they aren't big enough, you could always scale the vector files to the size you need, then save them as .png files.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daniel » Friday February 26th, 2016 10:44pm

Ah, thanks!
Daniel

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Anderas » Thursday March 10th, 2016 1:43am

Powerpoint can read the Heroscribe Vector files after unzipping. Other softwares often reject.
I use Powerpoint to scale an icon to big size and then save as PNG. Also Powerpoint can nicely change the colors of the icons.

The other way round, if you have a good resolution image, you can ask this website to vectorize it for you:

http://www.autotracer.org/

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Return to Icons