• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

svenska/Swedish

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

svenska/Swedish

Postby drathe » September 12th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Svenska translation project:

Common Elements:
  • High Adventure in a World of Magic - Translation Complete
  • Home, News, Contents, Forum, Gallery, Quests, Tiles, Links, Credits - Translation Complete
  • Jump to Bottom - Translation Complete
  • Return to Top - Translation Complete
  • Expanding HeroQuest - Translation Complete
  • This HeroQuest Site is dedicated to:
    Ye Olde "Agin's Inn"
    HeroQuest is © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company. - Translation Complete
  • Best viewed with HeroQuest Fonts installed - Translation Complete

Link Buttons:
    Some of the link buttons still need translating.
  • Game System - Translation Complete
  • Kellar's Keep - Translation Complete
  • Return of the Witch Lord - Translation Complete
  • Against the Ogre Horde - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Wizards of Morcar - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Mage of the Mirror - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • The Frozen Horror - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Adventure Design Kit - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Cards - Translation Complete
  • Design & Game Tools - Translation Complete
  • PC Games - Translation Complete
  • Quests - Translation Complete
  • Rules - Translation Complete
  • Tiles - Translation Complete

If you have any suggestions that are better than what's been provided on any of the Web-pages, please let us know.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Svenska/Swedish

Postby finnpalm » January 17th, 2012, 9:14 pm

drathe wrote:Svenska translation project:

I'll just start from the top. :)

drathe wrote:High Adventure in a World of Magic

Spännande äventyr i en magisk värld (literally "Exciting adventures in a magical world". Might be a little too much geared towards a child audience. You decide and I'll change it.)

drathe wrote:Home, News, Contents, Forum, Gallery, Quests, Tiles, Links, Credits

Hem, Nyheter, Moduler, Forum, Galleri, Uppdrag, Spelbrickor, Länkar, Tacklista

drathe wrote:Jump to Bottom

Hoppa till slutet av sidan

drathe wrote:Return to Top

Hoppa till början av sidan

drathe wrote:Expanding HeroQuest

Fortsätt utveckla HeroQuest (literally "Continue developing HeroQuest")

drathe wrote:This HeroQuest Site is dedicated to:
Ye Olde "Agin's Inn"
HeroQuest is © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company.

Denna sida är dedikerad till:
Ye Olde "Agin's Inn"
HeroQuest är © 1989-2010 Milton Bradley Company.

drathe wrote:Best viewed with HeroQuest Fonts installed

Sidan visas bäst när man har HeroQuest-fonterna installerade.

EDIT: By the way, I own the Swedish editions of HeroQuest (x2), Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord. I do not, however, own a scanner.
finnpalm

Hero:

Postby drathe » January 18th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Translations have been applied. Thanks, finnpalm. |_P

Too bad you don't have a scanner, but perhaps one day we'll be able to get scans of the Swedish version.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby finnpalm » January 18th, 2012, 6:52 pm

drathe wrote:Translations have been applied. Thanks, finnpalm. |_P

Too bad you don't have a scanner, but perhaps one day we'll be able to get scans of the Swedish version.

Good news. I located a scanner. I just need to bring a computer there and hook it up to the network. It might take a while since I'm somewhat short of time, but I'm positive I can get some scans for you eventually.

Best regards.

ps. I don't know much about scanning. If there's anything in particular I should know about, like resolution and other settings, please let me know beforehand.
finnpalm

Hero:

Postby Derfel Link » January 18th, 2012, 8:26 pm

I'd like to thank finnpalm for putting himself in scanning the swedish HeroQuest, it's always cool to see HeroQuest from all over the world.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby finnpalm » January 19th, 2012, 7:55 am

drathe wrote:Game System

I suggest "Grundspel" (translates to base game). If you want a direct translation of game system it's "Spelsystem".

drathe wrote:Against the Ogre Horde
Wizards of Morcar
Mage of the Mirror
The Frozen Horror
Adventure Design Kit

I suggest you leave it as is, perhaps adding "(Ej utgiven i Sverige)", which means "not released in Sweden". If you still want them translated I'll do it, np. Just my personal opinion on aesthetics.

drathe wrote:Cards

Kort

drathe wrote:Design & Game Tools

Verktyg för speldesign (literally "tools for game design").

drathe wrote:PC Games

PC-spel

drathe wrote:Quests

Uppdrag

drathe wrote:Rules

Regler

drathe wrote:Tiles

Spelbrickor
finnpalm

Hero:

Postby drathe » January 19th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Done. Thank you.

finnpalm wrote:I suggest you leave it as is, perhaps adding "(Ej utgiven i Sverige)", which means "not released in Sweden". If you still want them translated I'll do it, np. Just my personal opinion on aesthetics.

This is what most translators have suggested. On each of the pages for these expansions we've placed This expansion has never been officially published in Svenska to let people know they cannot find official resources in Svenska. All resources on those pages are in English, unless translations are provided for cards and books etc.

If you're able to scan your collection, resolution of 300 dpi is preferable. email scans at your leisure to drathe{at-sign}drathe{dot}com. At list of missing resources can always be found here. The descriptions from the back of the boxes in the list may be provided by a clear digital photo. I retype them onto their respective resource pages.

Thank you again for your help! |_P

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby finnpalm » January 19th, 2012, 3:28 pm

drathe wrote:This expansion has never been officially published in Svenska

Denna expansion gavs aldrig ut på svenska.

Meaning: "This expansion was never published in Swedish". We don't capitalize language names in Swedish like it's done in English.

ps. Unfortunately I do not still have the boxes for Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord. Basically they were of the same frail quality as the UK boxes, and got ruined and thrown away fairly quickly. Also there was no point in keeping them because you just poured the contents into your base game box anyway. :) I can take pictures of the base game box though.
finnpalm

Hero:

Postby drathe » January 21st, 2012, 12:22 am

Trashed expansion boxes was a common practice, even for the sturdier American expansion boxes. The boxes for the rare expansions are surprisingly valuable. Like dust jackets for rare first edition books from 50+ years ago.

Hopefully when more Swedish HeroQuest fans are attracted to the community, some of them will be able to fill in the missing resources.

Thanks for the translation. I've also changed svenska to lowercase on all the Swedish pages.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby finnpalm » January 21st, 2012, 7:17 am

drathe wrote:Trashed expansion boxes was a common practice, even for the sturdier American expansion boxes. The boxes for the rare expansions are surprisingly valuable. Like dust jackets for rare first edition books from 50+ years ago.

Hopefully when more Swedish HeroQuest fans are attracted to the community, some of them will be able to fill in the missing resources.

Thanks for the translation. I've also changed svenska to lowercase on all the Swedish pages.

Well either use lowercase and write the whole sentence in Swedish that I gave you above, or stick to English and capitalize, for consistency's sake. We still capitalize at the beginning of sentences as normal. It's just in the middle of sentences that we don't. Sorry if that gives you a lot of extra work. :)

I am currently searching through the gaming community in my hometown for spare HeroQuest games because I am missing the undead for my base game, so perhaps I'll stumble over the boxes. I'll let you know how it turns out.
finnpalm

Hero:

Next

Return to Homepage Translations