• Advertisement

Suomi/Finnish

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Re: Suomi/Finnish

Postby TMU » Saturday January 5th, 2013 12:56pm

Also on homepage,
Paypal donate is Paypal lahjoitus
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby TMU » Saturday January 5th, 2013 1:07pm

TMU wrote:Recallin sauna

I made major mistake myself too :oops: That is "Recallin SAUVA"
You know what sauna is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauna
I think that Recall guy didn't have a sauna :lol:

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Thursday January 10th, 2013 3:56pm

Fixed. Although the heroes could use a nice sauna after a Quest. :)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby TMU » Friday January 11th, 2013 7:36am

Yeah, it's a dirty job to kill all those monsters :)

Rewards:
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » Thursday February 28th, 2013 12:29pm

Desided to help a bit again.

On "Kellarin Linnake"

17 finely-detailed Monsters =
17 yksityiskohtaisesti suunniteltua hahmoa

And on "Noitaherran Paluu"

16 finely-detailed Monsters =
16 yksityiskohtaisesti suunniteltua hahmoa

There you go, nothing major this time. ;)

Rewards:
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Thursday February 28th, 2013 2:11pm

Done! Thank you. |_P

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pppe » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 4:43pm

Hello drathe and others!
I read the "call to arms" post. excellent work here in Ye Olde Inn. Here's some Finnish translations that are missing ( I picked them from the first post by drathe).

Common Elements:
This HeroQuest Site is dedicated to: = Tämä HeroQuest -sivusto on omistettu
Ye Olde "Agin's Inn" = Ye Olde "Agin's Innille" (I would just use the English name and not translate it to finnish)
HeroQuest is © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company. = HeroQuest © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company (actually my original Finnish Game System Quest book says "(c) 1990 Milton Bradley Ltd". I'm not sure if the game arrived to Finland in 1990. Maybe. Anyway, use which suits you best.

Link Buttons:
Some of the link buttons still need translating.
-These Quest books were never released in Finland. If you wish to have unofficial translations by me, here they are:

Against the Ogre Horde - Never released = Taistelu ogrevalloittajia vastaan - Ei julkaistu Suomessa (ei julkaistu Suomessa means never released in Finland)
Wizards of Morcar- Never released = Morcarin velhot - Ei julkaistu Suomessa
Mage of the Mirror- Never released = Maagi kuvastimessa - Ei julkaistu Suomessa
The Frozen Horror- Never released = Jäähirviö - Ei julkaistu Suomessa
Adventure Design Kit- Never released = Seikkailujen suunnittelutyökalut - Ei julkaistu Suomessa
Last edited by Pppe on Saturday March 2nd, 2013 6:03pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pppe

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pppe » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 5:28pm

Ok.
then this page from drathe's list: http://www.yeoldeinn.com/fi-kellars-keep.php
most of it seems to be translated already.

to Description I would add this North American text translated to Finnish. I don't have the official Finnish description. I don't know if it ever existed.

Description = kuvaus
The Emperor is trapped in Kellar's Keep, an underground vault deep within an ancient fortress. Heroes - you must navigate long-lost passages to reach the Emperor, before Zargon and his evil forces do!
= Keisari joukkoineen on loukussa Kellarin Linnakkeessa, joka on syvälle maan alle rakennettu muinainen linnoitus. Sankarini - teidän täytyy löytää tie linnakkeeseen kauan aikaa sitten unohdettua reittiä pitkin, jotta löydätte keisarin ennen Pimeyden Ruhtinasta!

The Adventure Continues!
= Seikkailu jatkuu!

Ten thrilling new Quests. Fantastic treasures. Gruesome 3-D monsters. You get all this and more in Kellar's Keep! This action-packed Quest Pack is ready to use with your HeroQuest Game System. Journey into the unknown of Kellar's Keep - if you dare!
= Kymmenen uutta henkeäsalpaavaa seikkailua. Mahtavia aarteita. Kammottavia 3D- hirviöitä. Kaikki tämä ja enemmän Kellarin Linnakkeessa! Tätä jännittävää Seikkailukirjaa käytetään yhdessä alkuperäisen HeroQuest - pelin kanssa. Lähde matkalle Kellarin Linnakkeeseen - jos uskallat!

Kellar's Keep = Kellarin Linnake

Trapped deep beneath the fortress Karak Varn, the Emperor and his knights prepare for a hopelss battle. Zargon and his Doomguard approach! It is up to you, brave Heroes, to rescue the Emperor and his knights.
= Keisari ritareineen on jäänyt loukkuun syvälle Karak Varnin linnakkeeseen, ja valmistautuu epätoivoiseen taisteluun. Pimeyden ruhtinas ja hänen Tuomiokaartinsa lähestyvät! Sankarini, keisarin ja hänen joukkojensa pelastaminen on teidän harteillanne!

You must find the secret passage that has been lost for a thousand years - a passage spoken of in legend alone. It cuts through the very bowels of the World's Edge Mountains and leads to the vaults of Kellar's Keep.
= Teidän on löydettävä salainen, tuhansia vuosia kateissa ollut reitti - reitti, jonka olemassaolosta puhutaan legendoissa. Reitti kulkee Maailman ääri -vuoria pitkin ja johtaa lopulta Kellarin Linnakkeen alla oleviin luoliin.

Along the way, you will journey through ancient tunnels now inhabited by Orcs, Goblins and other creatures of darkness. Grave danger awaits you.
= Matkallanne teidän on matkattava örkkien, goblinien ja muiden pahojen otusten asuttamien luolien lävitse. Joudutte kohtaamaan kammottavia vaaroja.

Mentor will guide you as far as the Great Gate. From there, you are on your own.
= Mentor opastaa teidät Suurelle Portille saakka. Siitä eteenpäin olette omillanne.

Contents = sisältö
Quest Book with 10 new Quests = seikkailukirja jossa 10 uutta seikkailua
17 finely-detailed Monsters = 17 yksityiskohtaisesti suunniteltua hirviötä
Full-colour, cardboard tile sheet = väritetyt pahvilaatat
Pppe

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pppe » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 5:59pm

Ok then here's Return of The Witch Lord page (http://www.yeoldeinn.com/fi-return-of-t ... h-lord.php)

Again I'd add this North American description translated to Finnish & I'm not sure if Finnish official description ever existed...

Description = kuvaus

The Witch Lord lives! His foul sorcery has protected him from the power of the Spirit Blade. Now he plots his revenge. Heroes - You must move fast if you are to stop him once and for all.
= Noitaherra on elossa! Hänen kammottavat taikansa ovat pelastaneet hänet Taikamiekan voimalta. Nyt Noitaherra suunnittelee kostoa. Sankarini - Teidän täytyy toimia nopeasti jos aiotte tuhota hänet pysyvästi.

The Adventure Continues! = Seikkailu jatkuu!

Ten thrilling new Quests. Fantastic treasures. Gruesome 3-D monsters. You get all this and more in Return of the Witch Lord! This action-packed Quest Pack is ready to use with your HeroQuest Game System. Journey into the unknown world of the Witch Lord - if you dare!
= Kymmenen uutta henkeäsalpaavaa seikkailua. Mahtavia aarteita. Kammottavia 3D- hirviöitä. Kaikki tämä ja enemmän Noitaherran paluussa! Tätä jännittävää Seikkailukirjaa käytetään yhdessä alkuperäisen HeroQuest - pelin kanssa. Lähde matkalle Noitaherran valtakuntaan- jos uskallat!

Return of the Witch Lord =Noitaherran Paluu

The evil Witch Lord is not dead! He survived the great battle at Barak Tor and sought refuge in his subterranean fortress beneath the fallen city of Kalos. Soon he will have recovered enough strength to lead his mutant army in a vengeful attack against the Empire.
= Noitaherra ei olekaan kuollut! Hän on selvinnyt elossa Barak Torin suuresta taistelusta, ja matkannut suojapaikkaansa Kaloksen sortuneeseen kaupunkiin. Pian hän on kerännyt voimiaan niin paljon, että tekee kostohyökkäyksen Keisarikuntaa vastaan.

You must journey across the barren Plains of Death and confront the Witch Lord. Beware! His fortress is filled with legions of vile monsters and deadly traps.
= Teidän on matkattava Kuolemantasangon ylitse ja kohdattava Noitaherra. Varokaa! Hänen linnakkeensa kuhisee inhottavia hirviöitä ja kuolettavia ansoja.

Time is short, brave Heroes. The Witch Lord must be destroyed - once and for all. The future of the Empire is in your hands.
= Aikamme on vähissä, sankarini. Noitaherra on tuhottava lopullisesti. Keisarikunnan kohtalo on käsissänne.

Contents = sisältö
Quest Book with 10 new Quests = seikkailukirja jossa 10 uutta seikkailua
16 finely-detailed Monsters = 16 yksityiskohtaisesti suunniteltua hirviötä
Full-colour, cardboard tile sheet = väritetyt pahvilaatat
Pppe

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » Sunday March 3rd, 2013 5:05am

Pppe wrote:Against the Ogre Horde - Never released = Taistelu ogrevalloittajia vastaan - Ei julkaistu Suomessa (ei julkaistu Suomessa means never released in Finland)

I myself prefer The name to be: Jättilaumaa vastaan. Taistelu means battle so it's not good, and ogre means a giant, wich is jättiläinen
Pppe wrote:Mage of the Mirror- Never released = Maagi kuvastimessa - Ei julkaistu Suomessa
The Frozen Horror- Never released = Jäähirviö - Ei julkaistu Suomessa
Adventure Design Kit- Never released = Seikkailujen suunnittelutyökalut - Ei julkaistu Suomessa

These just sound stupid to me, no offence dude. :p But I must ask, Where do you live? :)

Rewards:
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Homepage Translations