• Advertisement

Nederlands/Dutch

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Re: Nederlands/Dutch

Postby Sjeng » Thursday July 19th, 2012 10:18am

I discovered an error in the Dutch WoM cards (pdf file).
I'm not sure if this was printed that way, but the Potion of Magic Resistance with the elf / fire is labeled wrong. It says "Drank voor extra tovertalent", which means "Potion of Magic Aptitude".
And the potion of magic aptitude card logically has the wrong label as well: it should be "Drank van Magische onkwetsbaarheid".

Very strange how those got mixed up. I'm also wondering why they made 2 "Magic resistance" cards with different effects. One resists all magical attacks, the other only resits fire magic. Should have been called "potion of fire resistance" in my opinion.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » Thursday July 19th, 2012 11:48am

Yeah, Dock pointed out the printing errors to me long ago. I agree about the magic resistance cards.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Friday January 18th, 2013 1:11pm

drathe, did you put these up? wanted page still says:

Speelsysteem
Description (from box back regular edition only)
Leaflet (expansion advertisement)

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » Friday January 18th, 2013 4:27pm

I have now! Well, the description at least. Thanks for the reminder. I don't have a Dutch leaflet to put online though.
All the wanted pages should only show the leaflet being needed now. If one exists.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Margrave » Tuesday October 8th, 2013 3:39pm

Hmm... I'm a native speaker of both English and Dutch, so I think I could chip in here.
I'd like to see the Chaos Spells, Quest Items and Ogre Horde translated to Dutch and I'm willing to do that, but I need to partner up with someone who has Photoshop skills, as that's not my forte...

So... Anyone up for that?
Margrave

Hero:

Postby drathe » Tuesday October 8th, 2013 5:30pm

Send me translations or post them here and I'll make a Dutch version of them.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Margrave » Wednesday October 9th, 2013 12:23am

Awesome. I'll get started on them today then! 8-)
Margrave

Hero:

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday October 9th, 2013 12:59am

I coiuld help out with the photoshopping. I already have the templates for all the EU style cards. I could send the file to you drathe.

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Margrave » Thursday October 10th, 2013 12:49pm

Alright. I've finished the Chaos Spells, the US Quest Treasures and the Ogre Horde chaos spell tokens. I've done my best to provide an accurate translation while retaining the same style and language of the original Dutch translations.

drathe, if you can give me an email-address, I'd be happy to send you the text in doc or pdf format.
My next project will be the translation of 'Against the Ogre Horde'. It would be cool if we could just take the English booklet and replace all the text, so the finished product looks just like the real thing.
Margrave

Hero:

Postby drathe » Thursday October 10th, 2013 3:44pm

drathe [at-sign] drathe [dot] com.

I just recently completed an OH book in Finnish that TMU translated. Doing another book will be fairly easy now that I have a template to work from.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Homepage Translations