• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Windows Phone 7 Game

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Windows Phone 7 Game

Postby mjjames » August 17th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Hi all,
first of all thank you for a fantastic resource and website.

I'm looking at writing a version of HeroQuest for Windows Phone and XBox 360, as an indie game but although I can write the code and engine I'm not very good on graphics or writing quests. Is anyone on here interested in getting involved?
My aim eventually is to release a version on both platforms but have them integrate with a website that allows you to write your own or download community created quests.

Any takers?
mjjames

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Windows Phone 7 Game

Postby ken » August 18th, 2011, 2:24 am

mjjames wrote:Hi all,
first of all thank you for a fantastic resource and website.

I'm looking at writing a version of HeroQuest for Windows Phone and XBox 360, as an indie game but although I can write the code and engine I'm not very good on graphics or writing quests. Is anyone on here interested in getting involved?
My aim eventually is to release a version on both platforms but have them integrate with a website that allows you to write your own or download community created quests.

Any takers?

Hallo & Welcome from another UK citizen, there aren't many of us about. Anyone here will tell you, I am :mrgreen: as far as computors go, so cannot be of assistance, but there are loads of interesting quests on this site, so you won't be short of material. Good luck with your project.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 18th, 2011, 3:13 am

Certainly not for Microsoft crap :p
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 18th, 2011, 6:36 am

Welcome!

There are already some HQ computer games, and some free ones as well. Perhaps you could contact the creators and see if you can use any graphics.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby dresdendoll » August 18th, 2011, 9:54 am

I'd be careful not to use any resemblance to the actual core game. infringement and whatnot. XBLIG Is a pretty simple way to develop stuff like this though... I'd buy it.
dresdendoll

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mjjames » August 18th, 2011, 10:38 am

Hi guys,
thanks for all the input.

Ensuring the graphics and stuff are original is one of the things I have been thinking about most, as I know games companies like to come down hard on devs that "copy" their games, thus this will be more "inspired".
If people want to suggest quests that would be great. I'll keep everyone updated
mjjames

Return to Project Forge