• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Painting Hero Quest Miniatures

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Painting Hero Quest Miniatures

Postby Rath of Un » Saturday December 11th, 2010 12:08pm

Project Log for painting a complete set of Hero Quest Miniatures.

Over the next few months I'll be painting up a complete set of Hero Quest game Miniatures. This will be the thread that I will update with pictures, and progress up-dates of how the project is coming along. The goal is to have a Main Game set with fully painted miniatures to a table top standard (3 color +). Questions, and Comments are always welcome. Feed Back will be very appreciated as the project starts to take shape. Between Painting my Warhammer 40K Space Marines, Orks, and this project should give my plenty of variety so that I don't get burned out just painting one thing. The plan is to start gathering materials paints, washes, primers etc... Ideally I will be starting the first of the year, if not before.

HERO QUEST
Painting List

4 Heroes
6 Goblins
8 Orcs
3 Firmirs
2 Zombies
2 Mummies
4 Skeletons
4 Chaos Warriors
1 Gargoyle
1 Chaos Warlord

Total of 35 Miniatures
Rath of Un

Zombie
Zombie

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Painting Hero Quest Miniatures

Postby Ethica » Monday December 13th, 2010 4:13am

Personally I consider individual figures (each hero, chaos warrior, gargoyle etc.) fun. And big batches like 8 orcs or 6 goblins a chore. What I did was break it up so that I started with something fun then did a batch, then had something fun, then a batch etc. When I didn't feel like painting but wanted to get some done anyway I did mummies or skeletons.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Rath of Un » Monday December 13th, 2010 2:54pm

Not a bad Idea, That is how I kind of break up the painting when I paint my 40K stuff.
Rath of Un

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Rath of Un » Saturday January 8th, 2011 6:15pm

Well, the first stage of the Painting project is about to start. I have been delayed with a couple of set backs, the first is that my Hero Quest game and all the pieces are at my parents house back in Illinois. I was not able to make it home for the holidays like I had planned so my hopes to get the painting is going to be put on hold till Baseball Spring training when my Dad will be coming to Arizona for some Cubs Games. Second I order some paints and miniatures from mantic games. Those have been on hold due to shipping problems. This afternoon I just got the package in the mail.

So with the paint and sample miniatures, (two elves, two skeletons, and two ghouls) I'll be priming them and starting with them. I have been looking at the Mantic Games Kings of War miniature range as alternative models. So as I start work on those models I'll post up dates as I make progress.
Rath of Un

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » Sunday January 9th, 2011 1:46am

So you were annoyed that you couldn't deploy to Illinois?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Scout
Scout

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rath of Un » Wednesday March 2nd, 2011 9:21pm

Finally! My Hero Quest stuff has made to my home in Arizona!

So I thought I would do a little up date. I have four fully painted Miniatures and one that needs some work. I painted these when I was in High School. I am planning on using simple green to strip off the paint then re prime them and go from there. These 4 Heroes will be the first to get paint once primed. I also have a number of damaged miniatures that I will be priming and using as test models. Mostly the damage is limited to just broken off weapons. So they will make great test models.

I'll also be up dating the project on my Blog http://rathofun.blogspot.com/
Rath of Un

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Project Room