• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HEROQUEST 2009

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

HEROQUEST 2009

Postby HeroQuestFrance » February 1st, 2009, 8:19 am

Here is the link to download the rules we use here :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZF90NUJD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New treasure,events,new cards,new spells etc etc
But in french !
If someone wants to traduce it : courage ! (ah ah)

To resume a character has movement + actions.
He can use his movement points to do other actions (we did this before descent taking the idea from space hulk) and there is a huge list of what to do.
5 years of work enjoy.

[EDIT September 12, 2010]

drathe already translated the monster cards.
The rulebook still needs a translation.
Email me.
Last edited by HeroQuestFrance on September 14th, 2010, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HEROQUEST 2009

Postby drathe » February 4th, 2009, 12:34 am

My French isn't the best, but I was thinking I could take a crack at it. That is until I opened the file and saw how much stuff there was crammed in there! :shock: Holy Schnikies! It would take another five years of work just to translate everything to English! Especially without the templates used to create all the cards and stat pages. As is, covering over the text to add a new translation over top would look just look bad.

The stuff looks great, even though I hardly understand a lick of it. :lol:

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » March 11th, 2009, 5:41 pm

It's simple in fact :

A new and more complete treasure deck (heroes can meet a survivor, activate a special trap find a lot of gold and things)
They can level up a little bit, unlock new spells (not all spells to start nonono) and new levels of spells (more powerful of course) and special abilities.
They can become champions (a test is necessary and result into a table) and recruit men at arms (who can also wear items and help them into quests) & buy special weapons items and armors to the emperor.
They can heal wounds and omens between quests into a temple, try to give gold to maybe get a divine bonus or to train themselves to gain exp fastly.
They can try to sell items on the market (things can happen hehe for each items on then umbers of days they stay in town)
A nice thing I've created is "the events" : when no mobs are visible on the board then the evil GM may get a even card to play if he gets a 11 or 12 on a dice. (main bad things for the heroes : one is loosing a item, gold stolen, a potion which doesn't work, monsters warned about heroes so a little bonus on their attacks etc etc) so more stress !

I also included a experience point system to each quest.to explain you it faster for instance :
quest 1 = 100 points
it means each hero can win 100 pts of exp if he survives and succeed the quest
it means too that before starting the quest,the evil GM can choose his monsters for a maximum total of 100 points into the listing of the available monsters for this quest.
He cannot use monsters of level 2 if none of the heroes reached level 2.
He can add mobs of level 2 if one hero of the group is level 2 so it can be harder than expected ... hehe
another thing is the number of heroes into the quest : 1 hero = 25 points so 4 = 100 points 5 125 6 150 (you can add like this more players) and the evil player can place his mobs where he wants on precised locations (minimum one mob to maximum !) so each quest is different if you fail into you will discover one new !!

then skills
monsters have skills poison,life drain, group attacks,double attack,flight,acid, immaterial etc etc
also chaos cards (evil Gm wins also exp for killing heroes henchmens etc etc)

last but not least the character turn : action points
2 actions by turn (attack, launch a spell, searchs)
mini actions (open a door,taking a potion or searching for one into the bag,equiping another weapon)
the listing is complete ^^

and each character sheet is different (bonus dwarves can see in the dark etc etc)

Well all this is into this rule book.I've printed (laser) all cards and plastified it.We're playing it for one year now and it's amazing & interesting ... my players became stronger & stronger and they can solo into each quest with their henchmen band.So it's very funny to see them going in every direction : 4 attacking groups.

I used the special dices of D&D hasbro for the searchs (one eye = you've found the closer trap) 2 you 've found 2 the hand = you found nothing at all...) also for the flights, the secret passage or when you try to disarm traps.

If I have time,I can try to traduce you in main lines page by page.It will take time but your role will be to translate it in good english.My original files are made with "open office" program.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Milk » April 4th, 2009, 12:37 am

It looks as though you have borrowed a number of ideas from Descent, yes? That's what I was doing when I was trying to rewrite my own version of HQ rules as I love the Descent rules so much, but made attempts to still keep it simplified in traditional HQ style. (Offtopic: You might notice I said "was" - sorry, drathe, I have not worked on HQ stuff since the end of last year.)

Anyhow, just from the brief overview posted here, sounds great! I like the GM monster level vs. player level per quest etc. Makes me wish my french hadn't fallen to naught...dang, but I'll still try to take a peek at it if I can.
"There should always be barbarians to the north."
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 13th, 2009, 7:11 am

You will find below the new link to download the entire rules with no error this time on character sheets.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUY00FSX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks as though you have borrowed a number of ideas from Descent, yes?

Heuuu not at all.In fact, Descent didn't exist when I've started to make my rules in 2000 ! I used the mouvement point system from something completely unknown and born years and years before : space hulk !!
The system master vs players including levels is taken from advanced heroquest (traps / ambush / wandering monsters) & also from advanced rules of warhammer quest which includes a GM.
I will have time in september to traduce it with the help of drathe I think.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 13th, 2009, 10:28 am

I'll help with what ever I can.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby HeroQuestFrance » June 20th, 2010, 9:30 am

I have re-done the basic rules mixed with american ones to play with teenagers of my association 2 times a week in my village. Everything had been redone perfectly now, it took me time :
-> Corrections of the monster stats
-> Correction of courage & djiin spells
-> A new armory including the rope, hallebard & starting weapons
-> One new skill for each hero :
-> Barbarian can add one combat dice to attack when life points are equal to 2 or less
-> Elf can reroll dice combat when doing a ranged attack with bow or other weaps
-> Dwarf doesn't need tools to disarm trap, fails to disarm on a black shield
-> Wizard can reroll dices to move when life points are reaching 2 or under.
-> Addition of the chaos spells (revisited)
-> Addition of more artefacts than the 5 ones of the european version.(however I have changed the stupid one time use artefacts and changed effects)
-> Added & modified one spell (djiin) & treasure potion : those card allow to rez a dead hero
-> 14 quests have been done again :

Everything is printed with color laser and plastified now.

I just finished Kellar Keep today and will start on Return of the Witch Lord tomorrow.
I plan to finish like this the basic games and all 6 expansions this summer.
Too much people were asking a more "complicated" HeroQuest so it's almost done now !

I'm still working on advanced rules too...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 20th, 2010, 9:51 am

You can add training for each hero
add other types of heros
make more items that have to be rolled for instead of drawn from a deck...

depends on your imagination/desire to put in more time...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » June 21st, 2010, 6:54 am

Great looking quest book!

I never thought to use the actual board for the quest notes.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 21st, 2010, 9:42 am

Ja - the photocopied 'Kellar Keep' was done in the 90's on my board, and was so dark, we missed out on the Indiana Jones rolling ball trap.

Just scan the board, paste on the computer-made icons, and print I suppose?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Project Forge