• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Weltenlaeufer's 3-D HeroQuest Board Project

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Weltenlaeufers 3-D Board Project

Postby Weltenlaeufer » September 18th, 2019, 4:40 pm

I got the second mold for the walls the other day. Now I started to get excited!! :D

I think I gonna keep the walls low so the doors can be put on the walls and it keeps that original look of the board while having a 3-d element.

I also gonna do some extra modular tile sections of passages and rooms so I can build new sections as I go. Lots more casting to do, but its a really fun process, especially now that I can crank out two at the same time! It takes 35 minutes until you can pop them out, so you can do it easily in the evenings at home while doing something else with a timer on.

Its really fun, because you realize how much possibilites you have to build whatever you want and you can cast however much you want, the possibilites seem endless.

I cant wait to glue them on some surface and start painting:D

I also wanna add one more floormold to get some more variety for the rooms. My fall project is offically launched! :D

This next one is at the wallheight I wanna use with the board. I think its gonna be too claustrophobic with heigher walls and I can always build higher wall sections for modular pieces or with the df terrain i have. I thibk it will preserve the hero quest board look while still giving it that nice 3 d and realistic element. And it solves the flexible door challenge.

I also like the height in the next one. Higher walls than this gonna make it hard to see the minis I think.

I layed out a bit of a section to see how a board at this height would look like. I like that the furniture and minis will be nicely visible with this wallheight!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » December 20th, 2019, 3:10 am

A good start. Keep at it and share your progress.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ajjohnsen » December 20th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Have you seen the 3D board that is currently being developed by DarkOps a UK company? They have an awesomely detailed 3D modular board for HQ that will supposedly be available for purchase in 2020. I know people here seem to like making their own custom pieces, but this does look authentic and you can tell the creators are true lovers of HQ. Here's the URL for their site and the board:

https://www.darkops.co.uk/products/dark ... 7d26&_ss=r

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 20th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Thanks Iven, this is what I needed to hear. I gotta cast again, I ve been lazy! :lol:

@ajjohnsen: Thanks for the link, its great that people keep HQ alive with products like this. I gonna go the long casting road though, fingers crossed I ll get this project goin again this winter!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » December 20th, 2019, 10:39 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Thanks Iven, this is what I needed to hear. I gotta cast again, I ve been lazy! :lol:

Glad I can help with motivation. I was much more active several years back on the forum but alas life got in the way. I'll lurk from the shadows and appreciate your board.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 22nd, 2019, 9:37 am

IvenBach wrote:
Weltenlaeufer wrote:Thanks Iven, this is what I needed to hear. I gotta cast again, I ve been lazy! :lol:

Glad I can help with motivation. I was much more active several years back on the forum but alas life got in the way. I'll lurk from the shadows and appreciate your board.

Welcome back then! :) Its not much of a board yet, but I hope it will be one day. But thank you :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: W's 3-D Board Project

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 28th, 2019, 12:59 pm

After browsing through Sparkys excellent boardthreat again, which is here:

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3282

I got inspired again, got out my box of casts and layed out a bit of the new fieldstone floor casts I got a month ago. I think this is the way I wanna go with fieldstone tiles for the hallways and regular and broken ones for the rooms, with low walls all on the board.

My goal is to recreate the original board as close as possible, while still having a bit of the 3 d element. I think I gonna keep the walls low like this so I can put on the zealot doors and the furniture is nicely visible. It keeps the spirit of the original for me.

I gonna go to the dentist shop on monday to get a better dental plaster. I wanna try out one grade harder than the one I had so far and see how it goes.

Mission for next month: Casting fieldstone tiles and walls. Then finally deciding on and getting a surface to mount the stuff.

I probably go and create four corner sections and one middle section, but I gotta figure it out once I lay it all out. :) Gonna keep posting my little progress here, it keeps me motivated I hope! :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » December 29th, 2019, 12:33 pm

good job! I like the big portcullis

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 30th, 2019, 4:53 am

lestodante wrote:good job! I like the big portcullis

Thanks Lestodante! I feel motivated again to keep casting! The zealot furniture and doors/portculis are really nice. I think once its finished one day I gonna order the zealot doors for the whole board. :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 3rd, 2020, 11:17 am

You have to see the Demon Doorway by Citadel.. I'm sure you will like it: Demon Doorway

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge