• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Character Sheets 4 per Page

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Character Sheets 4 per Page

Postby SirRick » January 20th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Hi, I was separating my two heroquest game systems to form two complete sets, and needed more character sheets for the more beat-up one.

The only sheets I could find for the NA version of the game were single sheets that would print using an entire page.

I downloaded the awesome pdf vector graphics version from the HeroScribe website. I could view the pdf but not edit it in any way. So I did the poor-man's method of using the Print Screen key, than cropped and resized the image using GIMP, so four of them would fit one 8.5" x 11" letter sized page.

It turned out ok, but some of the vertical squiggly lines are a little blurry from my resizing efforts.

My understanding with vector graphics is that resizing and scaling should be perfect if you have the right software, but I'm not very knowledgeable of such things. The version I resized from the original Heroscribe version is attached below.

Has anyone else done this with the NA character sheets, and able to come up with a better quality image?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Character Sheets 4 per Page

Postby StratosVX » January 20th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Your understanding of vector graphics is correct. Resizing clean vector images to virtually any size results in sharp images. However, not all programs keep the vector information when you save them. If you import anything vector into Photoshop, it gets rasterized. Some programs rasterize PDF documents when you save them as well. I have never used GIMP so I don't know if it keeps vector information or not. I think what you thought of doing is a great idea. Maybe someone here has a vector version of these files so there won't be distortion during resizing.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Character Sheets 4 per Page

Postby benvoliothefirst » January 21st, 2019, 11:24 am

I did this the easy way and used the single sheet, opened it in Windows Picture Viewer, then set copies to "4" and selected 4x6, which prints four in the same sheet. Problem solved!
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Project Forge