• Advertisement

3D Printed Build

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: 3D Printed Build

Postby Daedalus » Sunday September 2nd, 2018 1:47am

Anderas wrote:. . . Maybe you could use the extra squares to make bigger corner-room-sections? I've always felt that the rooms are a little bit too small in Heroquest; also modern games have one thing in common: rooms with more squares. . . .

I'd agree. The original HQ board design was a larger, tri-fold board sized like this one. That would make it more likely Stephen Baker had designed bigger rooms from the outset but was required to shrink both their number and size to meet Milton Bradley costs.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 3D Printed Build

Postby Darius » Tuesday August 13th, 2019 1:24am

Sandman0077 wrote:
Anderas wrote:Many of us have boards with double hallways everywhere. The quests work with little to no adaptation.

I have never seen 4-square-hallways, though. :lol:

Maybe you could use the extra squares to make bigger corner-room-sections? I've always felt that the rooms are a little bit too small in Heroquest; also modern games have one thing in common: rooms with more squares.

Even the heroic maps re-interpretation takes the board from 19*20 to 30*30 just to have bigger rooms everywhere.

I was looking at the board and I can probably extend the rooms out so that all the hallways will be just two squares wide. I don't know, is it better to have the rooms more faithful to the original sizes? The halls are already changed, why change the rooms as well, you know?

I've started the process of converting the 2D room tiles to 3D forms. I originally wanted to just use the tiles I found on Thingiverse, but I'd rather make them accurate to the original.
Demo.png

I wish to remake a tray with 3D printed slabs can you share the fruit of your work?
Darius

Forum Language: Français
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Previous

Return to Project Forge