• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MEMBER PROJECTS & ASSISTANCE List

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

MEMBER PROJECTS & ASSISTANCE List

Postby knightkrawler » June 4th, 2017, 8:02 am

How about I open a thread and see how it goes.

What I have in mind is if you have a list of projects that you'd like to have assistance with,
post it here.
Likewise, if you can give assistance, post it here or PM the member that needs assistance.
Or you can post your general to-do-list here and edit it if something changes.

We even could - and this is just an idea thrown into the open, not more, not less! - set up a PayPal account where people can donate for specific purposes* and someone who does the work can earn a little money on the side.
Not full payment, but a little compensation if a Quest pack creator wants to reimburse his translator with at least a little if enought people donate because of genuine interest.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

We do have members here that "specialize" in certain fields.
Daedalus, for example, likes to edit for language, which is incredibly useful.
How about directly asking in this thread?

It could also be a tool for everybody to know who's working on what to avoid double-effort and all this kind of stuff.

For example, I'd like to announce that I'm editing the Italian Epic Quest, created by The MasTer for a British layout and card style version.
Someone want to do the American style editing? Contact me for my files (I'll just have to ask The MasTer if he wants that and I cannot imagine him saying No) and let everybody here know.
Just an example.

Working on this hobby should still be fun, but after working on Epic Quest for four weeks now (several hours a day for free) I can see how
a little extra cash could have MORE people do MORE much needed work for others. Money isn't a must, especially not if people expect a real-life payment-per-hour kind of deal...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: MEMBER PROJECTS & ASSISTANCE List

Postby torilen » June 4th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Well, I'll toss my skills into the hat...like everyone, I'm busy with life and personal projects, but I'll help
when and where I can.

Weaknesses: I cannot draw worth squat; I have no way of making miniatures, for the most part; I can make
homemade cards, but only the fronts - I don't have specialty art/publishing programs on the computer.

Expertise: Creative writing, story writing, poetry, game design, fantasy world design, character creation.
Also cartography - although, as stated above, I cannot draw worth squat. Hand-drawn maps are sketchy, at
best. I have a nice map-making program on the computer...but it uses hex-spaces for outdoor/overground
maps.

I can help out with coming up with backstories and creation stories for new magical items and/or artifacts.
I can do with both with HQ world expansion in mind, or within the set HQ world...or as close to it as possible.
(I say as close to it as possible, since there are several ideas about historical canon and such).

I'm fine with just bouncing ideas off of, too. If you just want to toss some ideas my way for some smoothing out
or touch-up advice, I'm fine with that.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 11th, 2017, 3:34 pm

It's good to hear the Italian translation has progressed so quickly, but you were always faster than I. Here's a shout out to yet another effort to share--I'm looking forward to checking it out.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » June 11th, 2017, 7:25 pm

I may be able to help with the NA style of cards/maps. I won't be able to start for a couple of weeks though.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 12th, 2017, 12:36 am

I finished editing Britishly (heh... adverb for British).
The MasTer has it in his clutches and plans on finishing the product by mid-June.
And then I'm gonna drop that bomb...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Project Forge