HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule & quest book)

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Sunday July 29th, 2018 10:16am

Got a bit done today which includes:

  • Added some more weapons.
  • Added rules regarding stock and rare items.
  • Finished spell scrolls.
  • Added Monk, Cleric and Righteous Knight to the classes list (though I think they might be a bit broken).
Plus a few other bits and pieces that I can't remember :D

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Sunday July 29th, 2018 4:31pm

Finally made a start on the spell sheets for players to use to record what spells they have and what has been used. It's not the most elegant of systems but it works (I hope, no reason why it shouldn't I don't think).

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 31st, 2018 4:44am

On we go...
Nature spells

Cage of Amber encases a monster, and ends when no monster is visible.
Key question: Does the monster inside the cage count as visible?
If yes:
- it will unfreeze only if the heroes have left the room
- searches will be impossible in this room. (with a possibility for a bug when the only way out is a secret door)
If No:
- Then no problems; it will unfreeze as soon as the other monsters are dead

Besides, this spell reminds me of an episode of fringe. :)

Curse wrote:“I curse you for all the things you have done against nature”
The target rolls 1D6 at the start of its turn and on a roll of 1-3 the target may not attack and has its movement halved (round up) for this turn.
The spell ends when the monster dies.


I propose this wording:
Curse wrote:“I curse you for all the things you have done against nature”
The target is cursed. From now on it rolls 1D6 at the start of each turn. On a roll of 1-3 the target may not attack and has its movement halved (round up), on 4-6 it may attack and move normally.
The spell ends when the target dies.


Savage Beast Defence -> Defense (well... not sure... you're the native. Google Doc marks it. :) )




Gold Spells

Rod of Gold - again, clarification for the spell duration. Does the spell end at the end of morcars turn or at the end of the hero's turn? (hero's turn is logically correct here, but it's nice to mention it).
Alternatively you can grant the spear for 2D6 attacks instead of turns? Just an idea...

Gilded Cage - duration question, does it end at the end of morcars turn or at the end of the hero's turn?
Touch of Midas - same question



Darkness Spells
Blindness - duration question, does it end at the end of morcars turn or at the end of the hero's turn?

Apart from that, the darkness group is quite straightforward and I didn't find much.



Divine

Divine Courage, duration question

Sun Burst - RPG question: Targets are monsters only?

Lock - nice one! Copied. :)
Lazarus & Casket of Hope - I take note for later: These spells do only add value if you cannot bring back heroes to life with potions of healings, so once i am at that point in your rule book I will check.
Comatose, duration question

In total, that spell group seems to be written for some kind of priest type, no? It's quite flavory and nice made.

Bright

Eye of the Righteous - RPG Question, are only monsters affected or red ones as well?

Protection
I have seen nothing

Cold
Frost of Death: The attack has the monster as target? I propose this wording:
Monster score is higher than the caster: The monster is attacked with 3 Attack Dice
Monster score is lower than the caster: The monster is attacked with 6 Attack Dice
what happens with equal scores?

Ice Prison: Duration question (does it end at morcars turn end or at heros turn end?)
But You Told Me To: Duration question
Frost lance: duration question (I propose "until the end of next morcar's turn. Do you use morcar or zargon?)

Spellsword
Deep Sleep: duration question
Double image: I propose this wording:
If you are attacked roll 1D6 and on a roll of 1-3 the double image is attacked instead of you. The image rolls the same defence dice as you. The spell ends when the double image loses at least 1 Body Point.
Hypnotic Blaze: duration question
Disappear: casted->cast
Flashback: Can it be played after the hero is dead?
Twist Wood: Do you have a "wood" marker on your equipment? (I have :) Extra for this and for Rust :) ) I propose this wording:
"If the target has a weapon with wooden parts, they lose that weapon. A monster with no second weapon can attack with one :skull: afterwards."


Now, some opinion piece. Don't take it too seriously. In fact, maybe it's best if you don't read it at all. :mrgreen:
My personal taste (see, it starts bad already! :mrgreen: )
Ok, i restart.
I found that the "character" of a spell group is catched best with some spells that are there and nowhere else.
So yes I have seen that every second of your spell groups has a kind of Djinn (with different fluff texts)... meaning, many effects are found many times among your spell groups.
That reduces a bit, how to say it, the brand identity of those spell groups. Let's say, you want a spell to discover rooms? You don't need detection, you can do it with Protection, with Bright, with Divine, with Darkness...

My proposal here: Go through each of the bigger spell groups. Reduce each group down to 10 or 12 spells, by removing the two or three spells that are fitting the least for this brand; also by removing spells that are double, triple or even more often in general. Like that you also "harvest" some material you can use elsewhere; plus the general brand impression per spell group gets much sharper, more recognizable. Think about which spell group would do what - fire does damage, sure but provides also some light; Bright might rather buff your friends and deal direct damage only to the most evil creatures like undead... I've seen all those ideas in your spell groups already. So the idea is to work a little on the groups so that those ideas get more visible, high profiled, pointier.

The spellcaster wouldn't lose anything through it: Most quests use 10-15 rooms, so realistically you don't need more than 12-20 spells and that only if you cast all the time. With three spell groups you get today up to whopping 47 spells, so I guess there is some room for reduction that wouldn't hurt.

[opinion piece end.]

Starting the Adventure


You may do these in any order but you cannot move, perform an action and then continue moving under normal circumstances, there are magical means which may allow you to bypass this restriction.

I propose:
You may do these in any order. Each of them have to be completely finished before starting another, for example you cannot move a little bit, take your action and move the rest.

Also, I would not mention the exceptions in the rules directly. Instead, one paragraph stating the order of rules would be good. Like:

Quest rules are the most important and can overwrite everything,
Monster special rules come after,
equipment/magic rules even below
and the lowest rank are the rules from the rulebook.

However that last paragraph needs fine tuning. My head gets dizzy again...

Perform an Action


Enter Combat
To attack a monster or character you must be directly adjacent to the monster be it front, rear or side (unless you have a ranged weapon like a bow, see Ranged Combat below). You may not attack diagonally unless you have a weapon that specifies that you can do so.

proposal wrote:To attack a figure, you must be in range of the weapon. If nothing else is stated, it means you must be directly adjacent to the monster be it front, rear or side. Weapons with diagonal range can also attack diagonally. For weapons with more range, see ranged combat below.


:redorb: Does your "diagonal" attack allow attacking between two cornering models?
:redorb: Does your "ranged" attack allow diagonal attacks? (most forum members say "no" to have at least one disadvantage on the long bow)

Very well written 0 BP paragraph. However the spells I mentioned above are not so crazy useful now, aren't they?

You have this phrase double:
Lost Body Points are automatically healed between quests so you start at full unless otherwise stated.
(directly before important note)
Lost Body and Mind Points are automatically healed between quests, so you start at full unless otherwise stated.
(directly before optional rule)

Ranged Combat
However, a character or monster may not use ranged combat if there is another monster or player stood next to them (players next to players and monsters next to monsters does not count)

proposal wrote:A character or monster may not use ranged combat if there is an enemy stood next to them


Also note that there is no maximum distance for ranged weapons, if a player or monster can see whom they wish to shoot at they may do so using the rules above.

proposal wrote:There is no maximum distance for ranged weapons.

And leaving out the part of "see". Why? Because you state that the "Line of Sight" rules are applied; so this would be double.

Search
Monsters may not move treasure chests. :shock: :lol: :D :?:

Reaction
Don't know, maybe it is worth mentioning if the reaction is executed before the action or afterwards.
Imagine those two situations:
1. Wizard is attacked, :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: , no defense, drinks a potion of healing.
2. Evil casts a spell to control Barbarian, Wizard counters with a mind boost spell that enhances Barbaras MP by 4 for one round.

In the first case, the potion of healing helps only if the reaction effect is executed after the action
In the second case, technically it helps only if the reaction effect is executed before the action.

Or am I thinking too complicated and this shall not be ruled to make the reaction happen whenever it fits best?
Yes I guess the last option is best. Forget this. please.
Last edited by Anderas on Tuesday July 31st, 2018 8:07am, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2827
Images: 33
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 31st, 2018 7:39am

Completing Quests


Monsters may never land on the stairway tile.


I don't think you need that phrase.
* There are several quests where a monster tries to escape to the stairway (Grak I think)
* There is at least one quest where a monster starts on the stairway (ATOH Q7)
* There are many homebrew fun things, also EWP cards, that places monsters on stairways or let them escape through them.


Hiring Henchmen
I do not get how to roll for henchmen available.
First I roll 1D3 to see how many - for example if I roll a 2, then 2 Henchmen are available, right?
And then I have a table with 8 entries, the 8 is a negative result (nobody available) and you state "Roll on the table below".
Do I roll 1D6 plus something; 2D6 or do I roll a D8?

How much can I carry
A character may choose to dual wield 2x 1 Handed Weapons at once, to do so they must have a 1 Handed Weapon in each hand and may attack twice per turn however, the attack with the Off Hand (second attack) is done with -1 Attack Die unless the character has the Special Skill Dual Wielding.

Maybe this rule would be better placed in the "Enter Combat" chapter?

Weapons
How do I read it? If there is +1 Attack Die, does it mean 1 Attack die or does it mean Character 1AT Die plus weapon 1AT Die = 2 AT Die?
Dagger, Knife, Hand Axe have no remark for the Wizard
Personally I would make the diagonal variants of weapons a little bit more expensive - 3AT diagonal is nearly as good as 4AT straight. (You can attack diagonally between your comrades, but most monsters cannot attack back, so you're safe ;) :oops: :wizard: )

A triple star would be given if you make a general wizard comment and then add the wizard remark only where it is really necessary.

Armour
Last line in the table on page 31 misses title, cost and effect; but has a remark.


so. That's it for today.
Last edited by Anderas on Tuesday July 31st, 2018 8:11am, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2827
Images: 33
Joined: Saturday September 20th, 2014 7:02am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Tuesday July 31st, 2018 8:09am

Anderas wrote:
Completing Quests


Monsters may never land on the stairway tile.


I don't think you need that phrase.
* There are several quests where a monster tries to escape to the stairway (Grak I think)
* There is at least one quest where a monster starts on the stairway (ATOH Q7)
* There are many homebrew fun things, also EWP cards, that places monsters on stairways or let them escape through them.


Makes sense so I have removed it.

Anderas wrote:Hiring Henchmen
I do not get how to roll for henchmen available.
First I roll 1D3 to see how many - for example if I roll a 2, then 2 Henchmen are available, right?
And then I have a table with 8 entries, the 8 is a negative result (nobody available) and you state "Roll on the table below".
Do I roll 1D6 plus something; 2D6 or do I roll a D8?


1D3 = 1D6 with the following:
1-2 = 1
3-4 = 2
5-6 = 3

For the table itself you roll 1D8. I will edit this to make it more clear.

Anderas wrote:How much can I carry
A character may choose to dual wield 2x 1 Handed Weapons at once, to do so they must have a 1 Handed Weapon in each hand and may attack twice per turn however, the attack with the Off Hand (second attack) is done with -1 Attack Die unless the character has the Special Skill Dual Wielding.

Maybe this rule would be better placed in the "Enter Combat" chapter?


Good catch, I will find a place to put this!

Anderas wrote:Weapons
How do I read it? If there is +1 Attack Die, does it mean 1 Attack die or does it mean Character 1AT Die plus weapon 1AT Die = 2 AT Die?


Each Hero has a base stat of Attack Dice like 3 for the Barbarian so any weapon you just add that to the base stat and roll the number of total dice.

Anderas wrote:Dagger, Knife, Hand Axe have no remark for the Wizard


Good point, I will make the Dagger and Knife available to the Wizard but not the Hand Axe (I don't think it was allowed originally anyway?).

Anderas wrote:Personally I would make the diagonal variants of weapons a little bit more expensive - 3AT diagonal is nearly as good as 4AT straight. (You can attack diagonally between your comrades, but most monsters cannot attack back, so you're safe ;) :oops: :wizard: )


Hmm will have a think on this, items are already pretty expensive.

Anderas wrote:A triple star would be given if you make a general wizard comment and then add the wizard remark only where it is really necessary.


I am not sure how to implement this hence why it is the way it is now :D

Anderas wrote:Armour
Last line in the table on page 31 misses title, cost and effect; but has a remark.


so. That's it for today.
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean here bud *scratches head* I can't seem to find what you mean.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Last edited by Stoner81 on Thursday August 2nd, 2018 5:31pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Thursday August 2nd, 2018 4:59pm

Anderas wrote:If No:
- Then no problems; it will unfreeze as soon as the other monsters are dead


This is correct, the amber protects the monster so it isn't visible and stops the issues you mentioned.

Anderas wrote:Curse - “I curse you for all the things you have done against nature”
The target rolls 1D6 at the start of its turn and on a roll of 1-3 the target may not attack and has its movement halved (round up) for this turn.
The spell ends when the monster dies.


I propose this wording:
Curse - “I curse you for all the things you have done against nature”
The target is cursed. From now on it rolls 1D6 at the start of each turn. On a roll of 1-3 the target may not attack and has its movement halved (round up), on 4-6 it may attack and move normally.
The spell ends when the target dies.[/quote]

Done! Thanks!

Anderas wrote:Savage Beast Defence -> Defense (well... not sure... you're the native. Google Doc marks it. :) )


Defence = UK
Defense = American

Anderas wrote:Gold Spells

Rod of Gold - again, clarification for the spell duration. Does the spell end at the end of morcars turn or at the end of the hero's turn? (hero's turn is logically correct here, but it's nice to mention it).
Alternatively you can grant the spear for 2D6 attacks instead of turns? Just an idea...


Edited to make it more clear.

Anderas wrote:Gilded Cage - duration question, does it end at the end of morcars turn or at the end of the hero's turn?


Edited to say that it ends at the end of the casters turn.

Anderas wrote:Touch of Midas - same question


See previous question :D

Anderas wrote:Darkness Spells
Blindness - duration question, does it end at the end of morcars turn or at the end of the hero's turn?

Apart from that, the darkness group is quite straightforward and I didn't find much.


End of the casters turn like the others.

Anderas wrote:Divine

Divine Courage, duration question


Changed it to state that it lasts until no monsters are visible.

Anderas wrote:Sun Burst - RPG question: Targets are monsters only?


Only monsters yes, monster is a generic term and basically refers to anything that isn't the Heroes and is threatening.

Anderas wrote:Lock - nice one! Copied. :)


I had a feeling you might do :P

Anderas wrote:Lazarus & Casket of Hope - I take note for later: These spells do only add value if you cannot bring back heroes to life with potions of healings, so once i am at that point in your rule book I will check.


Yes you can, you can drink a potion as a reaction to being reduced to 0. I pinched this from the NA rules since it's not present in the UK one and made it in to a semi gold sink for the players (hopefully). These spells allow players who have run out a last ditch effect to keep folks alive.

Anderas wrote:Comatose, duration question


Corrected to be more clear.

Anderas wrote:In total, that spell group seems to be written for some kind of priest type, no? It's quite flavory and nice made.


Thanks, I pinched the entire spell group from here and changed a fair bit about it. I have since added some extra classes which are Monk, Cleric (trying to think of a better name for this at the moment) and Righteous Knight (Paladin).

Anderas wrote:Bright

Eye of the Righteous - RPG Question, are only monsters affected or red ones as well?


Not sure what you mean by red ones buddy. It only affects monsters if that helps.

Anderas wrote:Protection
I have seen nothing


Woohoo!

Anderas wrote:Cold
Frost of Death: The attack has the monster as target? I propose this wording:
Monster score is higher than the caster: The monster is attacked with 3 Attack Dice
Monster score is lower than the caster: The monster is attacked with 6 Attack Dice
what happens with equal scores?


Fixed! Thanks!

Anderas wrote:Ice Prison: Duration question (does it end at morcars turn end or at heros turn end?)


Ends at the end of the Hero's turn.

Anderas wrote:But You Told Me To: Duration question


Fixed also! Cheers! |_P

Anderas wrote:Frost lance: duration question (I propose "until the end of next morcar's turn. Do you use morcar or zargon?)


Edited, it's a single use only spell and does not have a duration.

I don't use Morcar or Zargon (explained in the Preface), I changed it to Dungeon Master because I don't like how it feels like it's you versus the players so I tried to move away from that. Morcar and Zargon are referred to as the Lord of Chaos in my books.

Anderas wrote:Spellsword
Deep Sleep: duration question


Edited and fixed!

Anderas wrote:Double image: I propose this wording:
If you are attacked roll 1D6 and on a roll of 1-3 the double image is attacked instead of you. The image rolls the same defence dice as you. The spell ends when the double image loses at least 1 Body Point.


Done.

Anderas wrote:Hypnotic Blaze: duration question


Also fixed.

Anderas wrote:Disappear: casted->cast[/quote

Good catch :D

Anderas wrote:Flashback: Can it be played after the hero is dead?


No and I fixed it to state this clearly.

Anderas wrote:Twist Wood: Do you have a "wood" marker on your equipment? (I have :) Extra for this and for Rust :) ) I propose this wording:
"If the target has a weapon with wooden parts, they lose that weapon. A monster with no second weapon can attack with one :skull: afterwards."


I don't specifically no. I just assume that players and the DM will be able to work out what has wood in it or not :D at any rate I fixed it.

Anderas wrote:Now, some opinion piece. Don't take it too seriously. In fact, maybe it's best if you don't read it at all. :mrgreen:
My personal taste (see, it starts bad already! :mrgreen: )
Ok, i restart.
I found that the "character" of a spell group is catched best with some spells that are there and nowhere else.
So yes I have seen that every second of your spell groups has a kind of Djinn (with different fluff texts)... meaning, many effects are found many times among your spell groups.
That reduces a bit, how to say it, the brand identity of those spell groups. Let's say, you want a spell to discover rooms? You don't need detection, you can do it with Protection, with Bright, with Divine, with Darkness...

My proposal here: Go through each of the bigger spell groups. Reduce each group down to 10 or 12 spells, by removing the two or three spells that are fitting the least for this brand; also by removing spells that are double, triple or even more often in general. Like that you also "harvest" some material you can use elsewhere; plus the general brand impression per spell group gets much sharper, more recognizable. Think about which spell group would do what - fire does damage, sure but provides also some light; Bright might rather buff your friends and deal direct damage only to the most evil creatures like undead... I've seen all those ideas in your spell groups already. So the idea is to work a little on the groups so that those ideas get more visible, high profiled, pointier.

The spellcaster wouldn't lose anything through it: Most quests use 10-15 rooms, so realistically you don't need more than 12-20 spells and that only if you cast all the time. With three spell groups you get today up to whopping 47 spells, so I guess there is some room for reduction that wouldn't hurt.

[opinion piece end.]


I get what you are saying however, Heroes do not get access to every spell in a group straight away. It costs (currently) 1,500GC to gain a new school and then a further 500GC per spell after that in that school (see Character Advancement in the rule book). Add to this there are restrictions on gaining new schools (again in the rule book).

Anderas wrote:
Starting the Adventure


You may do these in any order but you cannot move, perform an action and then continue moving under normal circumstances, there are magical means which may allow you to bypass this restriction.

I propose:
You may do these in any order. Each of them have to be completely finished before starting another, for example you cannot move a little bit, take your action and move the rest.

Also, I would not mention the exceptions in the rules directly. Instead, one paragraph stating the order of rules would be good. Like:

Quest rules are the most important and can overwrite everything,
Monster special rules come after,
equipment/magic rules even below
and the lowest rank are the rules from the rulebook.

However that last paragraph needs fine tuning. My head gets dizzy again...

Perform an Action


Enter Combat
To attack a monster or character you must be directly adjacent to the monster be it front, rear or side (unless you have a ranged weapon like a bow, see Ranged Combat below). You may not attack diagonally unless you have a weapon that specifies that you can do so.

proposal wrote:To attack a figure, you must be in range of the weapon. If nothing else is stated, it means you must be directly adjacent to the monster be it front, rear or side. Weapons with diagonal range can also attack diagonally. For weapons with more range, see ranged combat below.


:redorb: Does your "diagonal" attack allow attacking between two cornering models?
:redorb: Does your "ranged" attack allow diagonal attacks? (most forum members say "no" to have at least one disadvantage on the long bow)

Very well written 0 BP paragraph. However the spells I mentioned above are not so crazy useful now, aren't they?

You have this phrase double:
Lost Body Points are automatically healed between quests so you start at full unless otherwise stated.
(directly before important note)
Lost Body and Mind Points are automatically healed between quests, so you start at full unless otherwise stated.
(directly before optional rule)

Ranged Combat
However, a character or monster may not use ranged combat if there is another monster or player stood next to them (players next to players and monsters next to monsters does not count)

proposal wrote:A character or monster may not use ranged combat if there is an enemy stood next to them


Also note that there is no maximum distance for ranged weapons, if a player or monster can see whom they wish to shoot at they may do so using the rules above.

proposal wrote:There is no maximum distance for ranged weapons.

And leaving out the part of "see". Why? Because you state that the "Line of Sight" rules are applied; so this would be double.

Search
Monsters may not move treasure chests. :shock: :lol: :D :?:

Reaction
Don't know, maybe it is worth mentioning if the reaction is executed before the action or afterwards.
Imagine those two situations:
1. Wizard is attacked, :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: , no defense, drinks a potion of healing.
2. Evil casts a spell to control Barbarian, Wizard counters with a mind boost spell that enhances Barbaras MP by 4 for one round.

In the first case, the potion of healing helps only if the reaction effect is executed after the action
In the second case, technically it helps only if the reaction effect is executed before the action.

Or am I thinking too complicated and this shall not be ruled to make the reaction happen whenever it fits best?
Yes I guess the last option is best. Forget this. please.


I am going to look at all of this in a moment once I have posted this reply since it's hard to read due to the quotes.

As for Reactions you make a good point. Though the 2nd sceneraio I wouldn't allow unless the spell specifically stated that it could be cast a reaction otherwise Evil's spell is cast first so the mind boost would not matter.

Does your "diagonal" attack allow attacking between two cornering models?


If by this you mean like:

XOX
OXO

Top O can attack the bottom 2 O's since they are diagonal from him.

Does your "ranged" attack allow diagonal attacks? (most forum members say "no" to have at least one disadvantage on the long bow)


Nice idea thanks.

Most of the other stuff I have fixed or change a little bit.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

EDIT - I think I am done with this set of feedback :) thanks buddy! I really appreciate it.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Thursday August 2nd, 2018 5:35pm

OK I think that is everything covered in the above posts, I have uploaded a new version of the rule book.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Wednesday August 15th, 2018 8:12am

Had a busy couple of weeks but should be back to this again tonight! Carrying on adding the spells to the character sheet. The basic idea is that the character is about 2 pages long and then the spell sheets can be printed when needed.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stig » Wednesday October 24th, 2018 4:55am

Just read your rulebook - amazing work! I can imagine it took hours. So many amazing ideas for spells and great rules. Thank you!
User avatar
Stig

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wednesday December 23rd, 2015 5:12am
Location: London, United Kingdom
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule book)

Postby Stoner81 » Wednesday November 7th, 2018 6:40am

Stig wrote:Just read your rulebook - amazing work! I can imagine it took hours. So many amazing ideas for spells and great rules. Thank you!


You're welcome but I can't take all the credit by any means, so much of it has been taken from this fine forum and adapted so put my own spin on it but thank you anyway and I hope you enjoy! Parts of it are still not finished yet like the character sheet but I am getting there slowly.

|_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
User avatar
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Monday November 16th, 2015 5:51pm
Location: England
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests