• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest - Amped Edition (custom rule & quest book)

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: My Custom Rule & Quest Book Log

Postby Daedalus » Saturday July 14th, 2018 7:01pm

Not needed, but I thought it might encourage more members to check out your stuff by saving some steps. I could remove it if you prefer.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Stoner81 » Sunday July 15th, 2018 6:13am

Ah ok dude I get what you mean, it's ok I guess just leave it where it is for now :)

Cheers! |_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » Sunday July 15th, 2018 7:18pm

Got a few bits done tonight but not much.

I am in the process of sorting out new spells and spell schools which is taking a lot of time due to the amount of stuff I am going through and tweaking things but I am getting there slowly.

|_P |_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday July 15th, 2018 8:53pm

You mentioned about finding new spell schools and such...are you looking to expand only the original quests or also incorporating user made quests? That could end up being a huge task with the amount of content around.

Maybe I missed the explanation in some thread but a clear understanding of what you are trying to accomplish may help others know where to point you.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » Monday July 16th, 2018 7:54am

j_dean80 wrote:You mentioned about finding new spell schools and such...are you looking to expand only the original quests or also incorporating user made quests? That could end up being a huge task with the amount of content around.

Maybe I missed the explanation in some thread but a clear understanding of what you are trying to accomplish may help others know where to point you.

I am not adding in user made quests since as you say there is so much of it! I am ONLY doing quests/packs that were official releases and then hopefully I will be doing on my own quest packs. I have changed all the monster stats since it seemed bloody stupid that pretty much everything had 1 Body Point so the quests are harder now along with a lot of other things.

Hope that helps! I will make a change to the first post to reflect thanks for the question.

EDIT - Updated first post.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Stoner81 » Thursday July 19th, 2018 8:08pm

Had a few days off but managed to get some work done tonight... still going through spells and sorting everything out. I have not done this amount of writing since I was in school! Once I have all the spell schools written out I can then add them all to the rule book. The rule book at this rate is going to be absolutely freaking enormous but it will be worth it.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Stoner81 » Friday July 20th, 2018 7:52pm

OK so I have nearly... very nearly finished with spells! However, I have the following spell schools with the corresponding number of spells in each school:

• Water = 16
  • Earth = 16
  • Protection = 15
  • Air = 15
  • Fire = 14
  • Darkness = 14
  • High = 14
  • Control = 14
  • Cold = 13
  • Light/Divine = 13
  • Nature = 13
  • Gold = 12
  • Bright = 11
  • Elf (Spellsword) = 8
  • Detection = 7

Now this list is giving me CDO nightmares (OCD spelt properly) since I was hoping to get all schools to about 16 spells each but as you can see some are way off so I am not sure what to do now. I don't know if I should try to come up with more spells (Detection is going to be near impossible I think) or call it a day at what's there. The problem I have with leaving it as it is, is that then players may feel that some schools are worthless since fewer spells are available or something along those lines.

Any ideas?

|_P |_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

EDIT - I have decided to just add them all as they are in to the rule book, I can always add more spells at a later date.

EDIT - Added the Elf spells which I missed.
Last edited by Stoner81 on Saturday July 21st, 2018 10:03am, edited 2 times in total.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Saturday July 21st, 2018 8:29am

Oh wow! 187 spells? You crazy! I have to be cleptocreative on those. |_P

Why not reducing the bigger spell groups by 2 or 3 and redistribute the spells to other schools? Are they so far off that it doesn't work?

Listen. I will be in the hospital for the entire day the entire next week. :( If you give me a link to your spells I might have the capacity to read through them all, plus rulebook, plus questbook.

I can not guarantee for educated comments, though I will try at least. Also my feedback style will be very short as I will be writing on my cell phone - so not intended to be aggressive, it's just phone style. If you don't mind those two, gimme the link to your cards and on we go. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » Saturday July 21st, 2018 9:13am

Anderas wrote:Oh wow! 187 spells? You crazy! I have to be cleptocreative on those. |_P

Why not reducing the bigger spell groups by 2 or 3 and redistribute the spells to other schools? Are they so far off that it doesn't work?

Listen. I will be in the hospital for the entire day the entire next week. :( If you give me a link to your spells I might have the capacity to read through them all, plus rulebook, plus questbook.

I can not guarantee for educated comments, though I will try at least. Also my feedback style will be very short as I will be writing on my cell phone - so not intended to be aggressive, it's just phone style. If you don't mind those two, gimme the link to your cards and on we go. :)

I thought about it but many just don't really fit anywhere else and I totally forgot to add in the Elf spells to that list! I am inputting the spells in to my rule book at the moment and will make a new pdf which is available in the first post (I don't use cards by the way) and thank you for the kind offer. Many of spells I have pinched from folks here and tweaked them a little here and there so hopefully everything is reasonably balanced. Yes it is a lot of spells but it is DAMN expensive to get new schools and spells in my rules (1500GC and 500GC respectively, though that may change yet).

Hopefully I should have the spells added either by the end of today or at least the end of the Sunday (I hope), it's a lot of typing! It's taken me all week or more just to write everything down so I can work out what spells go in what school etc.

I hope everything goes OK while you are in hospital dude :) beer for you!

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

EDIT - Made a start on adding the new spell schools and spells in to the rule book. I have Earth, Air and Fire done. I am currently on Water which has been started but it's time for dinner :) link in the first post has been updated.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Stoner81 » Saturday July 21st, 2018 7:44pm

Well I have managed to get a fair bit done tonight :D I now have nearly all the tables in the rule book set up to just enter in the spell information and I am about half way through doing exactly that. I might do 1 more and then call it a night at that and see if I can get the others done tomorrow (though no doubt the wife will complain about that hehe). Anywhoo as always...

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge