• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hirst arts 3D Heroquest board

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: Hirst arts 3D Heroquest board

Postby Sparkymark » November 28th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Great job, its making me thinking about going back and starting from scratch.
I'm interested in knowing how your going to do secret passages and how you would add them to the board during a game?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Figomurphy » November 28th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Great job, its making me thinking about going back and starting from scratch.
I'm interested in knowing how your going to do secret passages and how you would add them to the board during a game?

Thanks Smarkymark,

There's a cool stone door in the Hirst arts molds that I'm going to use. It will blend in with the walls.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » November 28th, 2015, 5:32 pm

You have clearly done your homework on this :)
What are you going to do about the dividing wall between the 2 small rooms? This has been a sticking point for many folk.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » December 13th, 2015, 8:04 am

Here's my attempt at painting the coals on one of my test pieces. I'm struggling with the reflection on the wall.
If anyone has a link to any tutorials It would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » December 15th, 2015, 6:13 am

Nice paint effect on the coals. I don't know how to do the reflections on walls. I have seen some people on youtube add led lights to hirst art projects for torch effects, they look pretty cool.
Did you consider building a exterior wall round your board? I know most of the quests in Kellars Keep and Return of the Witch Lord start and finish from a doorway on the edge of the board. Just an idea i had.
Keep the updates coming, it looks great.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » December 15th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Nice paint effect on the coals. I don't know how to do the reflections on walls. I have seen some people on youtube add led lights to hirst art projects for torch effects, they look pretty cool.
Did you consider building a exterior wall round your board? I know most of the quests in Kellars Keep and Return of the Witch Lord start and finish from a doorway on the edge of the board. Just an idea i had.
Keep the updates coming, it looks great.

Thanks Sparkymark,

This is just a test piece I use to try stuff on. I haven't tried the coals on my main board yet. I need to practice a bit more. I'm struggling to find any good youtube videos on painting fire and reflection.

Im not putting a wall around the outside, but I will make a small movable wall with door for those quests.

Hope to get a bit done over the weekend.

Thanks for the input.

Rewards:
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » January 4th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Hi folks, just a quick update on my project. First undercoat done on the south east corner of the board. Hopefully get it painted properly before the end of the month. Any feedback welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » January 4th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Outstanding!

To be honest I did not really understand that first room to be the center room. Now that I can see the board taking shape I'm floored! And Walled!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 5th, 2016, 5:51 am

Love the propped up damaged wall effect.
I have now re started building my board after seeing your build. I realize now having seperate modular pieces would slow the flow of quests too much. I am adopting your style now with the 5 ready built sections and slide over doors.
I am using the fieldstone molds on my build.
I cant wait to see how you do blocked wall pieces. I guess you can let your imagination run wild on these, like a skeleton trapped under a pile of rubble for example :)
Will you be making open doors like in the original game or will you just leave them as closed doors?

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » January 5th, 2016, 9:58 am

Sparkymark wrote:Love the propped up damaged wall effect.
I have now re started building my board after seeing your build. I realize now having seperate modular pieces would slow the flow of quests too much. I am adopting your style now with the 5 ready built sections and slide over doors.
I am using the fieldstone molds on my build.
I cant wait to see how you do blocked wall pieces. I guess you can let your imagination run wild on these, like a skeleton trapped under a pile of rubble for example :)
Will you be making open doors like in the original game or will you just leave them as closed doors?

Thanks Sparkymark, I'm honoured that you've taken the time to look at my work.
The fieldstone molds will look fantastic for your project.
I have so many ideas for the blocked walls, there are so many cool pieces that could be used. Fountains, colapsed walls, piles of bodies, stacked barrels, overturned cart. That's the best part of doing a board like this, the imagination runs wild.
I will be using opened doors. I have a few ideas so I'll make some samples and post them up.
Make sure to keep us posted on your progress and any ideas are always welcomed.
Talk soon,
Figo

Rewards:
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge