• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Help identify my goblins.

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Help identify my goblins.

Postby cynthialee » May 18th, 2015, 3:10 pm

I have this platoon of goblins, but I can't figure out the maker. I think that they are sculpted by Sandra Garrity as the bases are very similar and the details of the mini's remind me of her sculpts, but there is no makers marks, nothing to indicate what company made these dudes.
So I am trying to figure out the company that made them and the name of the collection if possible.
Also they are not 25mm scale. They are a bit smaller.

So without further ado here are some pictures:

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Help identify my goblins.

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 18th, 2015, 3:26 pm

I don't know what they are, although they look quite cool, I like the style but I am sure that they are not Sandra Garrity.
I think I may have seen them recently somewhere though, just cant remember where!
You might like to trawl through these and see if they appear on any of the sites, that's the only place I can think that I might have seen them so recently.

http://www.dmoz.org/Games/Miniatures/Manufacturers/

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » May 18th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Can't say I have seen them before or know from whence they came, but they definitely have that early 80's look to them. There were a lot of obscure sources at that time and scales were all over the place (Hmmm, kind of like now). Seems like most minis had that look (like emulating all the hand drawn art from various games at the time)... Then Ral Partha came along and changed the look of minis forever-ish... Heh.

Cool, nostalgia/ retro look to those. How long have you had them?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » May 18th, 2015, 11:54 pm

They were in a larger lot of mini's I bought on the bay. They were in the pile and it is a nice little army. 19 dudes and a cannon. I am rather fond of the cannoniers.
I am thinking of selling them as the only use I have for them is as kobolds {who are a tribe of pygmy Ork at my game table} as most my mini's are in the 25 and 28 mm scale. But kobolds are at 2 extremes of game play; a small band of kobolds for low level games and a full on tribe of them for high level games. There is almost no use for them at my game table considering the storyline I am running and the current power level we are and will be playing for the next year or two.
Then I think I could just make a side storyline for them. Would be fun harassing the heroes with cannon fire from midget orks, as their compatriots cut the heroes up with blades.... but then I need to paint them. They are a bit too small for my skill level of painting. I basically paint in a color in the lines kind of way then give it a touch of attempted shading and a wash.

I really don't know. I am torn on them. I never saw a fantasy ork/goblin crew manning a cannon. Plenty of space orks with guns, but never seen little dudes like these.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » May 19th, 2015, 1:19 am

Hmm, I was wondering if these were tiny (smaller than typical 25mm, which when true to scale are actually way smaller than what we usually call 25mm), Goblins, or if they are actually 15mm Orcs? I did not say anything previously, but when you mentioned how you use Kobolds it got me thinking again. Regardless, with 1e D&D (if I recall correctly), Kobalds were in the Goblinoid family. I remember being a little confused when later on TSR started calling them reptiles... What's worse, they actually always struct me as canine rather than porcine in nature... Heh... But I am old and my memory could be failing me.

Neither here nor there, I am guessing those are probably pretty old by the look of them... Great find, I say hang on to them.

EDIT - I think I may have been right actually, See here; 15mm Orc Set from Mini-Giant. If the seller is correct in their identification they are discontinued Reaper minis?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » May 19th, 2015, 3:33 am

Blood Dawn ORC201 Orc Cannon and Crew
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » May 19th, 2015, 10:53 am

thank you guys!
You guys have always come up to task for me. I so appreciate it.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » May 19th, 2015, 11:58 am

15 mm scale.
I went for Demonworld, but BB is right.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » May 20th, 2015, 2:51 am

knightkrawler wrote:15 mm scale.
I went for Demonworld, but BB is right.

That's how I found them - thought of Demonworld first, too, googled for "Demonworld orc cannon" images and eventually the Blood Dawn minis showed up :D
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Project Forge