• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing Tiles (scale, materials, and other matters)

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Printing Tiles (scale, materials, and other matters)

Postby fraterla93 » September 11th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Hi everyone,

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I didn't see it.
I'm getting ready to print some of the great tiles available here, and have some concerns before I get started.

1. Size. It occurs to me that I could end up wasting a lot of paper and ink by simply printing tiles and assuming they will be sized correctly to fit the game board. An initial preview of the 100% size (not fit to page) reveals that many of the images (which are often only 6x4 rooms) would print taking up almost all of an 8 1/2 x 11 in. paper. That doesn't seem right. Does anyone have any experience printing tiles who could share some helpful hints on what to do to ensure that the printed tiles are scaled to fit the board properly?

2. Reinforcement. The original tiles are printed on sturdy card paper. Has anyone tried gluing printed tiles onto a more sturdy backing? If so, what kinds of materials have you used and had success with? I am particularly interested in getting an effect as close to that of the official tiles as possible. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

3. Misc. Any additional guidance, lessons learned, hints or tips are most welcome.

Thanks,
Jay
fraterla93

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Printing Tiles (scale, materials, and other matters)

Postby sajungzak » September 11th, 2014, 4:35 pm

fraterla93 wrote:Hi everyone,

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I didn't see it.
I'm getting ready to print some of the great tiles available here, and have some concerns before I get started.

1. Size. It occurs to me that I could end up wasting a lot of paper and ink by simply printing tiles and assuming they will be sized correctly to fit the game board. An initial preview of the 100% size (not fit to page) reveals that many of the images (which are often only 6x4 rooms) would print taking up almost all of an 8 1/2 x 11 in. paper. That doesn't seem right. Does anyone have any experience printing tiles who could share some helpful hints on what to do to ensure that the printed tiles are scaled to fit the board properly?

2. Reinforcement. The original tiles are printed on sturdy card paper. Has anyone tried gluing printed tiles onto a more sturdy backing? If so, what kinds of materials have you used and had success with? I am particularly interested in getting an effect as close to that of the official tiles as possible. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

3. Misc. Any additional guidance, lessons learned, hints or tips are most welcome.

Thanks,
Jay

Try this http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2525
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 11th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Try browsing the Tiles subforum: Heroquest Rooms>Heroquest Additions>Tiles. Here's a thread to get you started: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=669
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby fraterla93 » September 27th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Awesome. Thanks. That gave me some great ideas.
fraterla93

Hero:

Return to Project Forge