• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ Character Builder

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

HQ Character Builder

Postby Patroclus » January 22nd, 2014, 1:30 pm

This is the Character builder for HQ, it is a tool with the basic rules for creating the characters, and even if you can put whatever you like this helps you to know how far you are from normal.

You can give the name of your character:

And choose the main stats, Attack/Defense/Body/Mind… But as you are changing them you will notice that the information text is updated. When you are changing the Attack the program gives you the starting equipment you can get. When you are changing the Defense the program gives you the starting armor. But it is free to go to the text box and write every weapon you want, it’s optional to choose from the basic items. They are just for information and that’s why I’ve also put the gold pieces for each item. So, if you give to a hero a starting equipment of 1000 gold, at least you have to know it.

When you are lowering the Body you will notice the Skill Points will go up. For example, the Dwarf has a skill to remove traps.

This skill points are expressing the option you have to give to your hero some special abilities. For example if you choose to make him wizard and check the check box “can cast spells” the skill points will go -1. As you raising his schools of magic (3 spell cards each) the skill points will be reduced more.

Abilities like weapons with diagonal attacks should count as 1 skill point, so I put another check box for that, but there could be much more skills you can create for your heroes, just remember to not give more than your available skill points. Or if you do that don’t forget to put some restrictions to other things so you can keep the balance. If you press the Help button the following message will showed.

Give the text of the card. If he is a wizard or the number of spells he knows, or the special abilities, you should all write it here. This will be the main text of your card.

By pressing the import image you can put a png picture. Try to use a program that creates pngs with one color as invisible color.

Now press the Export to Letter or A4 file, to get a pdf file as ready to print.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d3zkrqp4uceu2e/HQCharBuilder.zip?dl=0

ps: Report any bug here.
Last edited by Patroclus on September 18th, 2014, 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HQ Character Builder

Postby TMU » January 22nd, 2014, 1:41 pm

Wow, looks really, really cool! Is European version on the way? ;)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 22nd, 2014, 1:56 pm

Nice. Though I would have seperated diagonal and ranged attack with a ticker box for each.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » January 22nd, 2014, 8:26 pm

*Freakin*' A, dawg! This thing rocks.
Last edited by Daedalus on February 15th, 2014, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forum language rules

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » January 22nd, 2014, 11:39 pm

Looks very cool, thank you for posting this.

I have a bug with the export function:
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 23rd, 2014, 6:05 am

Nice work!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » January 23rd, 2014, 11:09 am

Thnx guys! I want to do something like that for monsters too.

gootchute wrote:Looks very cool, thank you for posting this.

I have a bug with the export function:

Thanks for posting gootchute. I’ve fixed the problem and I’ve update the first post with a new link.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » January 24th, 2014, 12:10 am

well i don't know how you did it, but you fixed it. Image looks a little small but I don't have any toner in my printer so I can't check for sure.
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » January 24th, 2014, 12:39 pm

My first effort with this fine program:

The spell cards and whatnot should be along.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » January 24th, 2014, 12:49 pm

"the mighty Frog"

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Project Forge